My Bug List so far

SUI - Mustang

On the Instant Action mission, for air to ground, after expending all rocket and MK82 ammunition and jettisoning the rocket pods, with about 30% fuel I was able to pull +10Gs and -6Gs instantaneously with no ill effects... didn't even black out or red out straight away.

• ED Team

- Aim9 seeker head sound always audible even if station 1 and 7 are not selected. AFAIK only when the stations are selected and weapons armed it should be audible. (As experienced on weapon function control routine)

Not a bug. See attach.

MissileVol.JPG.e77cf762f449e5e2821abd1884e5f36c.JPG

• Like 1
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

More description on this one is needed.

I put a better explanation in the original Post. Tell me if further explanation is needed. :thumbup:

My YouTube channel with tutorials and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DrfLPXfwn2Iy-iANeux8w :pilotfly:

System:

I7 3770K, Asus GTX970, 16GB DDR3, 2x250GB Samsung SSD, 46Inch LG TV main Screen, 2x 24Inch Samsung secondary screens, Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Flight Rudder Peddals Pro, TrackIR 5

Are you sure? The wording is terrible. "selection not required" then "if selected". Which is it?!

I see the same. Also i put a description of how i expirienced it irl in original post.

My YouTube channel with tutorials and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DrfLPXfwn2Iy-iANeux8w :pilotfly:

System:

I7 3770K, Asus GTX970, 16GB DDR3, 2x250GB Samsung SSD, 46Inch LG TV main Screen, 2x 24Inch Samsung secondary screens, Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Flight Rudder Peddals Pro, TrackIR 5

Strange thing with missile tone is that when both missiles are loaded and turned off on the armarment panel and the sight switch is set to GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA, then the missile tone is present.

selecting both misslies and then shooting one of them of and then turn off the other misslie makes the tone go silent until the missile is switched on again.

I guess that the tone should be present either allways when the the GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA switch is On regardless if there are 2 or only one missile present and regardless whether any missle is selected - or the tone should only be present when the GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA switch is on and any of the misslies are selected (Both, Left or right).

Currently there is no logic behind when the missile tone is present (at least I cannot see it).

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team
Currently there is no logic behind when the missile tone is present (at least I cannot see it).

Tone is here either GUNS MISSILE CAMERA switch is on and there is left missile, or thr same switch is on, there is righr missile and it is selected. Just like described in thr above quote

Strange thing with missile tone is that when both missiles are loaded and turned off on the armarment panel and the sight switch is set to GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA, then the missile tone is present.

selecting both misslies and then shooting one of them of and then turn off the other misslie makes the tone go silent until the missile is switched on again.

I guess that the tone should be present either allways when the the GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA switch is On regardless if there are 2 or only one missile present and regardless whether any missle is selected - or the tone should only be present when the GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA switch is on and any of the misslies are selected (Both, Left or right).

FinnJ

I get it now. According to BillyCrusher's post, the real F-5 manual says that the left missile will always give a tone even if not selected, but the right one won't. This could be understood that way and maybe BST deduced from that that it actually has to be this way.

From my experience these manuals can be confusing in the shortened language that they use and if not read in the right context. And I experienced this matter different when doing maintenance checks on the missile tone, I only heared the tone after switching either the left or the right or both of the stations 1 and 7 up. So in my opinion the tone should not be audible only after putting GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA on, but after the station is selected.

System:

I get it now. According to BillyCrusher's post, the real F-5 manual says that the left missile will always give a tone even if not selected, but the right one won't. This could be understood that way and maybe BST deduced from that that it actually has to be this way.

From my experience these manuals can be confusing in the shortened language that they use and if not read in the right context. And I experienced this matter different when doing maintenance checks on the missile tone, I only heared the tone after switching either the left or the right or both of the stations 1 and 7 up. So in my opinion the tone should not be audible only after putting GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA on, but after the station is selected.

This just makes more sense too. Why would you design it so it makes a tone all of the time, even when you weren't using that weapon?

• ED Team

See another fragment of T.O. (in attach).

Again left AIM-9 tone is specified separately. So, obviously left and right missile audio tones work in different way. In the first fragment you can see that selection does not required for left missile but required for right one, ie when both swithes are ON or both are OFF or only left is ON then left missile tone is heard. When only right selector is ON the right missile tone is heard.

Stores.JPG.52ef61500b7eda4bfd04958dbc1100b0.JPG

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

See another fragment of T.O. (in attach).

Again left AIM-9 tone is specified separately. So, obviously left and right missile audio tones work in different way. In the first fragment you can see that selection does not required for left missile but required for right one, ie when both swithes are ON or both are OFF or only left is ON then left missile tone is heard. When only right selector is ON the right missile tone is heard.

No, the paragraph that you linked says that external stores switch does not affect audio tone, not that the tone is audible if missiles are not selected.

So we have a confusing and unclear manual versus a word of a guy who worked on the real thing. Interesting. :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• ED Team
No, the paragraph that you linked says that external stores switch does not affect audio tone, not that the tone is audible if missiles are not selected.

Yes, but the first fragment says it very clear. I don't see any confusing or unclear things there: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2852567&postcount=34

Edited by BillyCrusher

• ED Team
And I experienced this matter different when doing maintenance checks on the missile tone, I only heared the tone after switching either the left or the right or both of the stations 1 and 7 up..

I have no doubt in your experience, but I believe there could be slight differences between different modifications. Just like with nose strut dehike - after takeoff on -5E and after landing gear lever up on -5N.

Edited by cofcorpse

Hi all !

I saw something that seems to be wrong to me but I don't fine any proof of how it works irl.

Altimeter drums numbers seems to rotate in an inverted way: When I gain altitude, higher numbers come from down, whereas it should feels more logical that they came from the top.

But maybe I am wrong...

EDIT: I WAS WRONG, after looking a real pic altimeter's drums are correct. Sorry.

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Yes, but the first fragment says it very clear. I don't see any confusing or unclear things there: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2852567&postcount=34

That one may also mean that you don't have to explicitly select the left missile in case more than one station is active. A bit weird way to put it, but I've seen more confusing sentences in various manuals.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This seems like a fairly good thread for minor/edge case bug reports, so:

1. F-5E's set as "start from ramp" with "uncontrolled" ticked will play their engine start sound effect at mission start, despite the fact they're not yet starting. They will also play it when actually sent the start command. (This has been present since the AI F-5E-3 was added.)
  2. It appears that if you take damage to your fuel tanks that causes all fuel to leak out of one set of tanks (easy to do :)) then land and request rearm/refuel, the refueling will never complete and the ground crew will not carry out further requests. Fuel goes in, fuel goes out... I'm also not sure it refuels properly after repairing either, but I need to properly test that to confirm.

OK, last night I was a bit lazy and decided to do the auto start cheat to get up more quickly and just fly a bit before crashing for the night. I noticed that the canopy was closed at the start of the sequence and then toward the end of the auto start it was opened again. Seems like it should have only been closed toward the end? Not sure if it's a bug or not but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it seems the UHF ADF direction finding doesn't work. When tuned to air or ground frequencies, it doesn't matter. Mode set to ADF, channel source is set to Preset 1 with AI wingman at 305MHz occupying Preset 1 in ME. Nav Mode set to DF. Nothing on the HSI and no Morse code heard (I don't know for certain if you receive Morse code when navigating to a UHF source, but you do for TACAN and I know that works). The full manual didn't provide a wealth of knowledge beyond those requirements unfortunately, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it is indeed bugged. In which case I would love to see this fixed as this adds a unique depth to my enjoyment of the F-5E.

Edit: Screenshot included :)

Screen_160724_105654.thumb.jpg.e43265301430a3f3478d5ec80fb5fe2e.jpg

Edited by GaryIKILLYOU

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it seems the UHF ADF direction finding doesn't work. When tuned to air or ground frequencies, it doesn't matter. Mode set to ADF, channel source is set to Preset 1 with AI wingman at 305MHz occupying Preset 1 in ME. Nav Mode set to DF. Nothing on the HSI and no Morse code heard (I don't know for certain if you receive Morse code when navigating to a UHF source, but you do for TACAN and I know that works). The full manual didn't provide a wealth of knowledge beyond those requirements unfortunately, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it is indeed bugged. In which case I would love to see this fixed as this adds a unique depth to my enjoyment of the F-5E.

Edit: Screenshot included :)

Well, is your wingman actually transmitting? Contact him to make him broadcast a reply.

You seem to be right.

The left AIM-9 will always trigger the tone when the GUNS/MISSILE and CAMERA switch is on regardless whether the missile is selcted or not.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Don't know if it has been mentioned or not but when doing the instant action cold start, prior to engine start up, in most aircraft I turn on the interior lights. When I turn on the Engine Instruments rotary in the F-5 it seems to turn on the interior flood light instead.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.