No LODs

hazzer

Hi, I've noticed when flying with my vr setup if more than one yak is in my field of view my fps drops below 30 and the game goes to a stutter. Whereas I can have up to 10 other aircraft in view and my fps will stay locked, is anyone else having the same problem? Thanks.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Same here. while the engine is off everything is fine, when the engine is turned on and the propellers are in motion the fps fall. VR Mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

Ok, Found the problem ... everything seems to be related to the

propeller type 2-Bladed only..

If you choose 3-bladed in the mission editor, everything works correctly, stable fps and everything very smooth

:pilotfly:

Edited by E61-v1T1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

• ED Team
Ok, Found the problem ... everything seems to be related to the

propeller type 2-Bladed only..

If you choose 3-bladed in the mission editor, everything works correctly, stable fps and everything very smooth

:pilotfly:

Nice catch, I can see a 30fps difference between them, reporting now.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think is better with 2-bladed in openBeta version 2.5.2.20601 Update 9, BUT in Fly Solo only. With others Yak-52s 2-bladed in parking or taxi engine on, still very bad performance like before, no change.

3-bladed still keeping a solid performance.

Edited by E61-v1T1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Hi, it appears the yak external model drops my fps when flying, I noticed this when I was in multiplayer and any yak is in view. This bug has existed since the yak came out.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...

[REPORTED] No LODs

Hey Guys.

The Yak-52 currently still has no LOD models. Making it all but impossible to fly formation with in VR. If I have another Yak-52 on screen apart from my own cockpit my FPS is down in the low 20s, which is nauseating in VR. Can we at least get some idea if they are being worked on by somebody? Heck give me access and I'll make the damn things! lol

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It's an issue that could be made worse by using vr. I could have 10 p-51 In my screen view and get no fps drop but as soon as a yak shows up the fps vanish making the sim unplayable.

Yeah it’s an issue that is mainly a problem with VR as most VR users have a lot less performance overhead. Also one of the way VR gets its performance is by swapping to lower detail LOD models earlier than in normal 2D mode.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

In Yaks. In VR.

Glad it works for you! Doesn’t for me or anybody I fly with. What are your FPS? What are your settings?

Proud owner of:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has this had any progress, it appears either this or another issue is causing very low fps when multiple yaks are around

+1

I've only got a GTX1060 card and have been flying the Yak to an obsessive level :pilotfly: so on going back to other modules I've noticed the FPS hit with the Yak when there's a few others around.

Hope this gets looked into as I don't want to be "that guy" in MP sessions who slows everyone else's FPS down. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1

+1

I've only got a GTX1060 card and have been flying the Yak to an obsessive level :pilotfly: so on going back to other modules I've noticed the FPS hit with the Yak when there's a few others around.

Hope this gets looked into as I don't want to be "that guy" in MP sessions who slows everyone else's FPS down. :cry:

I had to leave the aerobatics server earlier, couldn't deal with the low fps because two yaks were flying around in the distance, I could fly at a carrier full of people with no problem but not the yaks hahah