ILS Question

DerekSpeare

Hello:

I am trying to make ILS landings. My VOR is tuned properly, but I cannot get the glide slope bar to show on the ADI properly. It just stays in the middle and doesn't move like it should - or at least I think it should.

I have tried pressing GS or Extended GS on the flight director, but it doesn't look right to me. If anyone can help me set these instruments to show localizer and GS bars on the ADI like they should, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

:pilotfly:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

^

I'm guessing that you're confusing your glide slope indicator with the flight director bars. The glide slope indicator is the small orange arrow on the far right of the ADI and the HSI and indicates if you are above or below glide slope. When it is centered, you are on glide slope. You don't need to have the flight director activated (i.e. can be on standby) for the glide slope indicator to work.

• Like 1

^

I'm guessing that you're confusing your glide slope indicator with the flight director bars. The glide slope indicator is the small orange arrow on the far right of the ADI and the HSI and indicates if you are above or below glide slope. When it is centered, you are on glide slope. You don't need to have the flight director activated (i.e. can be on standby) for the glide slope indicator to work.

Got it - thank you! :smartass: :thumbup:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE