MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

Different opinion. I am a complete scripting neophyte and I found that using Sven's recommended LDT setup to be quite helpful for developing LUA scripts. The Intellisense provides a ready, context-relevant reference to MOOSE framework and the MOOSE example scripts and missions are a click away.

You really don't need the LDT setup if you just want to use the framework and have fun. Download the base MOOSE lua (there's one that someone pared down to minimum size for faster loading), download the script examples and download Notepad++ to edit .lua files, enjoy yourself. Sven and his compatriots have a hell of a tool there but Sven's "setup" is geared more towards experienced developers.

Ya, but that Intellisense thing is pretty dang helpful when you're an idiot.:pilotfly:

quick question... has anyone succeeded in getting detection to work within the AI Balancer? My AI spawned units do not seem to detect any Opfor and I cannot seem to get the detection to work'

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

quick question... has anyone succeeded in getting detection to work within the AI Balancer? My AI spawned units do not seem to detect any Opfor and I cannot seem to get the detection to work'

Doom, you probably saw my response on Discord about this right? If you use something like AI_CAP along with AI_BALANCER the detection should work just fine. AI_BALANCER on its own with AI_PATROL I don't think does much of anything for detection and attacking the enemy.

Ya, but that Intellisense thing is pretty dang helpful when you're an idiot.:pilotfly:

You don't have to be a beginner to benefit from it.

Being in technology, I was capable without it using only notepad++.

Once I set the environment up as recommended, my productivity increased easily fivefold.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

With MOOSE i can set a TACAN Ch. to an air unit - but why not to a ground unit?
Because Ground units in DCS don't support TACAN. You can't address things through MOOSE that are not accessable in the DCS script engine.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello,

I am following the instructions to setup the LDT, but I keep on getting the following error when I add the Moose_Framework project.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

attachment.php?attachmentid=178990&stc=1&d=1518476201

2071799288_LDTError.png.1de5fa10e9c728d8ff87e00a4eae1c7a.png

i7-6700K || 64 GB DDR4 || GTX TITAN X 12 GB || TM Warthog HOTAS ||

TheAwesomePedals || OpenTrack-Custom clip || Logitech G13 and G35

F-14 | F/A-18C | A10-C | AV-8B NA | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | Ka50 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | FC3 | CA

Caucasus | Nevada NTTR | Persian Gulf

If you can build it why not!!!

Hello,

I am following the instructions to setup the LDT, but I keep on getting the following error when I add the Moose_Framework project.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

I vaguely remember that issue. I had it too.

Are you sure you are using the 32-bit or the 64-bit versions of JAVA RTM and Eclipse?

Because when you mix them, I think you get this issue.

FC

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Which version of DCS and which version of MOOSE?

[/TABLE]

Hi FlightControl,

I have both Java 32 and 64 installed. And using the 64 bit LDT.

I'll uninstall them and only reinstall the 32 bit, hopefully that'll fix the problem

Regards

F-14 | F/A-18C | A10-C | AV-8B NA | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | Ka50 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | FC3 | CA

Well I couldn't download the 32bit LDT, so I tried to reinstall the 64bit but still getting the same problem. but this time only 2 errors appeared

EDIT:

I managed to get Java and LDT 32 bit installed

Even though the errors appear, the InteliSense in LDT is working correctly.

I think this is something that can be ignored

TIME TO SCRIPT IN MOOSE, looking forward to making great missions

Thank you FC

Edited by AwesomestMaximusTheFifth

Hi, first of all thanks for this awesome tool

Im a totaly rookie with lua, but i've been able to do great things with moose!

I could make a group or groups, repeat his own route over and over again to simulate a patrol.

I've used these lines:

Patrol1 = GROUP:FindbyName ( "GroupName" )
Patrol1:PatrolRoute()

And works!

and if i want to make more thant one groups just repeat this lanes changing Patrol1 for Patrol2,3,4....etc

And my cuestion is if its possible using FilterPrefixes make Moose understand that all Group Names started by "Patrol" do PatrolRoute(). I mean put 50 diferents groups and they repeat his own routes just naming them Patrol #001,Patrol #002,#003.......#050....

I tried using Moose Prefixes

Patrol =SET_GROUP:New()
Patrol:FilterPrefixes( { "Patrol" } )
Patrol:FilterStart()

But i cant make it work.

I tried

P1 = GROUP:FindbyName( "Patrol" )
P1:PatrolRoute()

and

P1 = GROUP:FindbyName( Patrol )
P1:PatrolRoute()

I used GROUP:FindByName, SET_GROUP:FindByName but didnt works for me. So if someone knows how to did works and can share the lines I'll be very greatful

Thanks and sorry if my english is too bad, not my native language

Edited by reise_caparzo

Message deleted in 3,2,1 ....:thumbup:

If the SPAWN method is the same for all these units then you want the OnSpawn() function http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/Spawn.html##(SPAWN).OnSpawnGroup

then tell them what to do as they pop in.

If you aren't spawning (then why not? :) ) you can iterate through the set with this: SET_BASE:ForEach(IteratorFunction, arg, Set, Function, FunctionArguments)

Demo missions in the repository for that here: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/blob/Release/SET%20-%20Data%20Sets/SET-101%20-%20Group%20Sets/SET-101%20-%20Group%20Sets.lua

Edited by Pikey
incomplete answers

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Wow! So now i got it!!! Really thanks man, i use ForEachGroup and then PatrolRoute().

I use

ContinuousPatrol = SET_GROUP:New():FilterPrefixes("PaCo"):FilterStart()

ContinuousPatrol:ForEachGroup(
function( GroupObject )
   GroupObject:E( { GroupObject:PatrolRoute()} )
 end )

Now all grups who names start by "PaCo" do continuos patrol!

Again THANKS!!!!

Message deleted in 3,2,1 ....:thumbup:

Having a heck of a time getting zones to work properly. Ultimately trying to get any of the Is(Completely, Partly or Not)InZone conditions to work. Tried following the tutorials, copied and pasted every snippet I could find from the test missions or this an other threads and even typed character-for-character from the YouTube tutorials, but nothing is working. Tried with Zones and Polygon Zones. Tried using groups found by name as well as group sets.

I know MOOSE and the mission files are loading because I am able to spawn objects and if I add RAT script to the mission file, it works. After a couple days of trial and error, I loaded up the test mission and when that didn't work, I knew something was wrong. Does MOOSE not work with 2.5? I'm testing on version v2.5.0.14304? I hit a wall. What am I missing here?

(my test begins at 1:57)

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Having a heck of a time getting zones to work properly. Ultimately trying to get any of the Is(Completely, Partly or Not)InZone conditions to work. Tried following the tutorials, copied and pasted every snippet I could find from the test missions or this an other threads and even typed character-for-character from the YouTube tutorials, but nothing is working. Tried with Zones and Polygon Zones. Tried using groups found by name as well as group sets.

I know MOOSE and the mission files are loading because I am able to spawn objects and if I add RAT script to the mission file, it works. After a couple days of trial and error, I loaded up the test mission and when that didn't work, I knew something was wrong. Does MOOSE not work with 2.5? I'm testing on version v2.5.0.14304? I hit a wall. What am I missing here?

(my test begins at 1:57)

Which demo mission are you having an issue with? Most everything works in Moose for 2.5 as far as we have discovered.

It's ZON-100 Normal Zone. I loaded the same one from the tutorial video

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

It's ZON-100 Normal Zone. I loaded the same one from the tutorial video

Looks like there is something wrong with the Smoke functionality. Likely something that ED changed in DCS. Always look at your dcs.log file as it will help to point out errors that are thrown.

If you can, try commenting out any of the smoke commands and see what happens. I don't have time to try that right now but I will be that the main functionality is working fine.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will enter it as a bug (OR DCS BUG) on the Moose issue tracker.

If you can, try commenting out any of the smoke commands and see what happens.

Will do. Thanks for taking a look.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Move of MOOSE documentation pages

Guys,

The documentation pages have moved to:

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/

So _DOCS is added to the URL!

There is an automatic redirect on the old utl to the new location, but any detailed pages won't be accessible anymore.

FC

[/TABLE]

You mean, for TASK_CARGO_TRANSPORT? Yes you can! Get onto discord and we can discuss!

[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

The main GITHUB web page readme section of the MOOSE repositories have been updated (and are still in revision).

Have a look as it may contain some new info for you. Mostly is done for the development optimization. Note that now the MOOSE framework is composed out of a number of repositories which are edited or generated. The generated ones contain artefacts.

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE

You can still download the latest version from the MOOSE release page.

kind regards,

Sven

[/TABLE]