LEAVU development phase, coding MPCD graphics

RvEYoda

What is LEAVU2?

Lockon External Avionics Upgrade 2.0 is a mod being developed for Fc2

LEAVU2 is a software package written in JAVA designed to be used for displaying

interactive cockpit flight instruments and ingame data on external screens.

OpenGL is used to render LEAVU2 2D and 3D instruments, and keyboard

and mouse input is captured to allow for interactive user input.

Touch screens are also fully supported, as is running the software on multiple

separate computers connecting to the same game computer.

( Thank you Schizwiz for making the video! )

p1.png

LEAVU2 aims to provide a high performance and low cpu usage solution for displaying

these instruments realtime, at high enough framerates such that they will be

performance wise indistinguishable from ingame instruments when playing.

Data is sent from lockon to LEAVU2 over maintained tcp connections at high update

rates, and there is support for multiple display computers connecting to the same

game computer. If a connection is lost at any time, LEAVU2 will automatically try

to repair that connection. One example is for example when restarting missions.

There are also thoughts for supporting data input into the sim from LEAVU2

through lua commands directly to lockon, but that is currently not implemented.

LEAVU2 has support for any touch screen or normal screens.

Cockpit instruments can be drawn both with a GUI ( buttons etc ) and window frame, or

if preferred, as a pure OpenGL display. Each display and instrument can also optionally

support mouse and/or keyboard input directly, which can allow you to build a physical

cockpit setup around them.

Development

Development of LEAVU is open source and source code is available at: http://kenai.com/projects/leavu2

Right now I'm looking for help in drawing 3d models for cockpit gauges and texturing these models.

If you want to contribute to the leavu project we would appreciate all help, remember this project is fully open

for anyone to view or contribute to, and it doesnt cost anything.

Installation and download links

Current version Leavu 2.2010.03.25 available at http://yoda.reservoirselite.com/YoPack/

Currently only manual installation available. An installer program might be created later if there is a lot of interest.

Operating systems supported

I have confirmed full functionality on these OSes :

WinXp32

Win7 pro 32

Win7 pro 64

currently keyboard input is not supported under linux.

Current projects

* LEAVU steam gauges and other analogue instruments ( on pause ).

At this point only has one working instrument, one half finished ADI and

waiting to find people who want to model more.

* LEAVU F-1x MFD project. By Yoda, GrayGhost, Moa and Hannibal

This project aims to provide a mix of F-16/F-15 style MFD for the lockon

F-15. Given the F-15 MPCD being very classified, and we only have a few

pictures of its navigation, weapons and datalink pages, we use the F-16

MLU as a reference. This means we will get a little less powerful MFD/datalink,

but this is sufficient for our purposes.

We currently have the following interactive MFD pages : HSD, SMS, FCR and RWR

* LEAVU datalink, provides data for the MFD project above

* LEAVU threat specific TEWS/RWR sounds. Think Falcon4 how it has specific threat sounds

depending on what threat type it sees. Leavu2 has this same capability, to replace the ingame

RWR sounds with a much wider and realistic variety of threat sounds. You will need to provide

the audio files yourself however.

If you want to contribute with your own LEAVU module.

Then please do so! make it happen :)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 7

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me really wonders sometimes...

*he has to much time on his hands?

*his brain bubbles full of funky ideas? :huh:

*he got soo pissed about blowmac that it turned into a revenge coding conspiracy?

*he watched to much Starwars back in days as i did? :megalol:

(everyone knows you dont mess with a wookie)

*infact his vision of the world resembles the matrix code :matrix:

ooh boy...join F.O or DCS ..do something usefull ..LOL :inv:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yoda, have you considered using OpenGL rather than Direct3D?

OpenGL is much more stable than Direct3D (programming interface changes much more slowly and predictably than Direct3D). Old OpenGL programs still work but old Direct3D programs do not.

Also, OpenGL works on plenty of other platforms as well. For example, you could control your MFD from your iPhone (or Mac OS X, or Linux).

Incidentally, there are implementations of OpenGL certified for use in avionic displays (that is, real glass-cockpit displays are done using OpenGL not DirectX).

Netbeans is a free tool, works with Java and C/C++ and has a plugin for doing OpenGL (and even OpenGL shaders).

Just a suggestion.

Edited by Moa

nobody didn't explain to me what does this utility do. in usual words, as for a begginer. does it create new functional cockpits for lock-on?

I`m not sure about the rest of the cockpit but Master Yoda (bow down before his power :) ) will be able to modify the MFD (multi functional display) in F-15. New modes/info that were not implemented in the game could be added. So that it is not used just for weapons status display but could provide other useful info - like navigation/radar contacts/etc. like it is in reality.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me really wonders sometimes...

*he has to much time on his hands?

*his brain bubbles full of funky ideas? :huh:

*he got soo pissed about blowmac that it turned into a revenge coding conspiracy?

*he watched to much Starwars back in days as i did? :megalol:

(everyone knows you dont mess with a wookie)

*infact his vision of the world resembles the matrix code :matrix:

ooh boy...join F.O or DCS ..do something usefull ..LOL :inv:

I noticed, some read this post wrong !!

Yoda and me, we know eachother...that humor or joke post i made here is appreciating his talent (first LRM now this) and has to be understood in that way and meaning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ye, ye, ye ... but yoda...let me try some humor too... i'm not sure if to appreciate you or not ... explain to me if what you discovered means in fact adding a new functional cockpit in lock on or just editing old ones.. the second idea will not be appreciated and all the enthusiasm of this thread shall be destroyed!! muhahaha

yoda are you blind? dont' you see the questin a asked for 2-3 times?

I am not a computer programmer, this technical data you give here is not for people like me.

the question i ask is simple : is this program able to create the functions for future new cockpits? like a functional mig 21 cockpit?

Say yes or not.it's damn simple

• Like 1

I think that is a NO, john_x. As i can see this its more of an external interface that can be linked together with different simulators/planes/systems. Which makes game play more realistic, especially if you have a touch screen.

Rätta mig om jag har fel Yoda. Själv kan jag inte mycket om sånt här men det ser ut som att du gör ett super jobb :), en bättre beskrivining för alla oss okunniga om vad det här handlar om hade nog varit uppskattat. Det ser grymt ut och jag är mycket intresserad utav detta.

BW

Shaggy

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Ok the first one is some nav mode? Also, are these going to replace the in game MFD? I mean how exactly is this done - this program directly changes the info in the in game MFD or creates its own MFD. If it is the second one how would it look like when finished and how are we going to use it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure you can.

you can still use the mouse to click the buttons or probably

at some point I will add keyboard support as well.

It still displays info, you can always pick your settings before

launching the game also.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'