buttons of multifunction displays in the Harrier

bestwishes

Hi Folks,

anyone could tell me this one: how could I (not turn) but move or benk my head to left or right without a vr headset ? Because if I don,t, many of the buttons of the multifunction displays in the Harrier can not be seen, can not be used, are covered by elements of cockpit.......when the pilots head is in central position..

many thanks....

B

Hi Folks,

anyone could tell me this one: how could I (not turn) but move or benk my head to left or right without a vr headset ? Because if I don,t, many of the buttons of the multifunction displays in the Harrier can not be seen, can not be used, are covered by elements of cockpit.......when the pilots head is in central position..

many thanks....

B

Hi

I think TrackIR is what your looking for.

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/

If you hold down Right Control + Right Shift at the same time and then press Numpad 4 or 6 you can slide the camera left or right which will expose the hidden buttons. Just press Numpad 5 to reset view again.

If you don't have a TrackIR, then I recommend to get one, as it is currently better than VR when it comes to learning aircraft and operate the aircraft.

But if you don't have a TrackIR (you can buy a old one) then next best thing for a price is to sit in a cockpit in ground, move your camera around with numpad so you get all the important panels visible, and then save those to numpad numbers. Then you can bind those same view positions to example joystick hat and you have far faster way to look and operate the cockpit when flying. It is not so immersive, but it is very effective if you dare to spend example hat Left, Down, Right and Left+Down and Down+Right positions to different panels. Then you can place a "Up" as upward camera and up+right and up+left to look a side. Add a shift/multiplier and you can separate the main outside view angles and best cockpit management views.

So you might want to place it so that when you push hat to left, your camera moves so you see a HUD and left MFCD. When you push to right, you see HUD and right MFCD. WHen you push down then you see both MFCD but mainly the bottom panels like weapons panels, cauges and throttle etc.

That way it is super easy to operate the cockpit without TrackIR or VR.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You can define new (snap) views and bind them to a key. So use the available options to shift your view so you can see one MFD properly with the appropiate zoom level. Then save that view to a key. Same for the other MFD.

This way you can change your view instantly.

I use Track-ir, but use these instant views quite a bit as well.