Please Help! Connection Timed Out

Hi everyone! I am in need of some desperate help. Every time I try to play DCS for a long period of time, I get disconnected with a "connection timed out" message. However, at the same time, my Chrome websites get disconnected as well, giving me a "Connection was interrupted" message with the ERR_NETWORK_CHANGE code. I have called my ISP, and they have replaced my router, worked on the modem, and I have updated the drivers to my Ethernet adapter and LAN ports. I've also flushed my DNS, reset my connections, set my default connection to 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4, I've looked online, everything. I hate starting my F-14 and flying for an hour then getting disconnected every time. If anyone can help me, I'd be unbelievably grateful. This only happens on my PC, my roommate is also connected straight to the router and he doesnt have this issue, indicating its something on my end. :helpsmilie:

when you ping 8.8.8.8 for a couple hours, does it happen then too ?

command is: ping 8.8.8.8 /t

make sure you do not run any power savings plan on the system. It shouldnt engage while you are gaming but who knows.

Set your LAN to a static IP instead of DHCP. Some routers have very short lease times and maybe your room mate is on static...

other than that...not easy to locate I guess

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hi everyone! I am in need of some desperate help. Every time I try to play DCS for a long period of time, I get disconnected with a "connection timed out" message. However, at the same time, my Chrome websites get disconnected as well, giving me a "Connection was interrupted" message with the ERR_NETWORK_CHANGE code. I have called my ISP, and they have replaced my router, worked on the modem, and I have updated the drivers to my Ethernet adapter and LAN ports. I've also flushed my DNS, reset my connections, set my default connection to 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4, I've looked online, everything. I hate starting my F-14 and flying for an hour then getting disconnected every time. If anyone can help me, I'd be unbelievably grateful. This only happens on my PC, my roommate is also connected straight to the router and he doesnt have this issue, indicating its something on my end. :helpsmilie:

maybe post some of the DCS logs somewhere somebody can have a look? I would try running a traceroute to the server you fly on.. are you behind 2 routers?? which OS are you running?

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

maybe post some of the DCS logs somewhere somebody can have a look? I would try running a traceroute to the server you fly on.. are you behind 2 routers?? which OS are you running?

Ill try to get some logs next time it happens, I only have one router, and OS is Windows 10

Ill try to get some logs next time it happens, I only have one router, and OS is Windows 10

Does your Roomate Hog the bandwidth with a Torrent Program or such??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2