F-16C HUD

13WELT_JankeS

Watching the recording of the dogfight on the HUD F-16 I noticed that TD BOX always has the highest priority, everything behind it is erased so that it does not obstruct anything. Will such important details be reproduced in the DCS module?

Here is an example from a real F-16

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Not sure If I am seeing what your seeing. On the video you posted, when the Enhance Envelope Gunsight (EEGS) disappear is because the pilot is holding down the trigger.

Additionally, not knowing what version of the F-16 this is from and not knowing what Operational Flight Program (OFP) or System Capability Upgrade (SCU, for F-16 without an MMC) it is being used, will be impossible to know if this is relevant or not.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Not sure If I am seeing what your seeing. On the video you posted, when the Enhance Envelope Gunsight (EEGS) disappear is because the pilot is holding down the trigger.

Additionally, not knowing what version of the F-16 this is from and not knowing what Operational Flight Program (OFP) or System Capability Upgrade (SCU, for F-16 without an MMC) it is being used, will be impossible to know if this is relevant or not.

Look at the altitude and airspeed indicators. The TD box draws over them, it's not superimposed through them.

Also, I agree with you saying that we don't know the version etc, but why would the EEGS disappear when the pilot fires, what's the point of that?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Look at the altitude and airspeed indicators. The TD box draws over them, it's not superimposed through them.

Also, I agree with you saying that we don't know the version etc, but why would the EEGS disappear when the pilot fires, what's the point of that?

Depending on the version of the software, on this case, it appears when the pilot hold down the trigger, EEGS turn into Firing Evolution Display Set (FEDS). The FEDS provides scoring in level 2 only. The symbol consists of a series of dot pairs that are used to estimate whether the bullets at target range are falling behind the target (dots wider than wingspan), ahead of the target (dots narrower than wingspan), or hitting the target (dots equal to wingspan).

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I meant that when the locked target was in the place where the altimeter was displayed (for example), this indication was not displayed so as not to overlap on the target plane. I saw a similar situation on HUD A-10C while aiming from a cannon to a ground target, it had priority over FPM (the crosshair symbol is always on top). There is no such thing at all in the F / A-18C module and sometimes it actually disturbed aiming - especially in VR.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

I meant that when the locked target was in the place where the altimeter was displayed (for example), this indication was not displayed so as not to overlap on the target plane. I saw a similar situation on HUD A-10C while aiming from a cannon to a ground target, it had priority over FPM (the crosshair symbol is always on top). There is no such thing at all in the F / A-18C module and sometimes it actually disturbed aiming - especially in VR.

We would need to find out what versions of the F-16 software is used in the video to determine if it applies to DCS F-16.

To whom it may concern,

We would need to find out what versions of the F-16 software is used in the video to determine if it applies to DCS F-16.

In this particular example, this may be a problem, but Wags is in contact with F-16 pilots and will probably be able to verify such details :)

That's a good old Block 30. Video is from the 90s.

ΑΙΕΝ ΥΨΙΚΡΑΤΕΙΝ