DCS 2nd free map

ebabil

A free map is coming but i guess it is just in an idea state

From the latest newsletter:

With 2018 we saw the release of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna be pretty boring if its all water, wow lovely scenery, look another wave :)

lol yeah. i hope it won't be the case.

we already have enough mad max sceneries and no need a water world

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

we already have enough mad max sceneries and no need a water world

A free water world is good for some people, I'm indifferent to it as long as it doesn't require much resources from other projects. I don't think a clean water world does. Otherwise I totally agree with you.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

New maps speculation

"For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year."

What are we thinking these maps are gonna be?

Speculation is half the fun :thumbup:

I'm guessing the WWII maps will be set late war, possibly one on the eastern front (Russian warbirds to follow?) and one for the Ardennes for Bodenplatte. (P-47 and 190 A-8 are coming soon™)

As for the free map... I'm hoping MiG Alley. Maybe some mainly ocean map around an island (Wake Island, or Oahu perhaps?) for the hornet and tomcat? But honestly I'm stumped as to what it could be and I'm excited for it! :pilotfly:

I don't remember exactly in what way Leatherneck/Heatblur talked about the Swedish/Scandinavian map they planned for the Viggen, if they saw it as a free asset to it or a payed standalone. Maybe never gave any hints in any direction? Would be stupid business vice in my opinion to give it away for free.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I'd be happy with an open water map, but then I've asked for that before. Would be great for carrier based aircraft, and I'm sure that includes helicopters.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

isn't heatblur putting something together - to support the tomcat??

wasn't that going to be free??

if it is, i'm hoping it will be something that lends itself to fleet defense / outer air defense (ie.. countering mass raids of incoming bear and backfire bombers)

: )

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe it sounds weird to many users, but I hope it isn't a full scale map like Caucasus or PG, because ED has to earn money, to pay their people so they can develop more stuff for us to buy.

If ED gives away to much for free, why buying modules then?

A blue water map with an island or two maybe ok.

I somehow don't care much about the WWII maps at the moment. Have the Normandy since release and all the warbirds, but haven't even fired it up in the ME a single time yet. Might change when those planes get a DM though. As for the other one, I secretly hope for the comeback of the Crimea, ideally directly attached to the Caucasus so it's just a bigger map instead of another one... just because I miss it and Wags once told they're going to have Syria, eventually even Kuwait/Iraq and in long term they want to connect these with the Caucasus and PG maps. So why not add the Crimea as well? dealwithit.png

Lil' OT: Love your planes wishlist... it just lacks the 104 rainbowdashwink.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg