Upcoming Black Shark 2 Patch Change Log

Wags

What do you think the chances of that argument flying with E.A.Sprorts are, if I get in touch and say my 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit' from 2011 has ugly textures & I'd like them fixed... For Free...

If Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit from 2011 was still being sold for $50 (like the shark), then yes I would expect the bugs fixed. Imagine if you just bought it today? You'd expect that $50 investment to at least be functioning right? Do what you will with textures, but bugs gotta be fixed if your your still supporting/selling it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
If Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit from 2011 was still being sold for $50 (like the shark), then yes I would expect the bugs fixed. Imagine if you just bought it today? You'd expect that $50 investment to at least be functioning right? Do what you will with textures, but bugs gotta be fixed if your your still supporting/selling it.

Frankly, because of the business model and the way it is marketed to us, they need to maintain BS2 even if they discontinue sales.

Otherwise they are saying there is a timer on every module, and when it runs out, you wont be able to fly them anymore (without maintaining an old computer running an old version of DCS:World - and even then this would compromise the feature of having different modules fly together)

Whether or not they are *obligated* to do this is another matter, it all comes down to resource.

If they are going to get more benefit from assigning staff to a new module, or working on DCS:World environment, rather than updating an old omodule, I wouldnt expect it to ever happen, regardless of how peeved we are about our purchases.

TBH Ka-50 needs a marketing push as well as a quality pass, it is still the most advanced combat-heli sim available, even now. I cant believe there isnt a fresh generation of interested individuals who would be keen to pick it up.

A few of us over at 229th B Coy have just started re-exploring the depths of the Ka-50. I used to fly it when it first came out in single-player, but mostly just shooting stuff using Vikhrs, etc. BS2 upgrade was installed, flew it some more SP. Then along came the Mi-8 and a new passion was ignited, and I have pursued that ever since, first at Black Shark Den, and now at 229th B Coy. A gang of us have achieved very high levels in the Mi-8.

Now, in multiplayer, the Ka-50 has really started to come alive. The modelling of the navigation systems is extraordinary, especially for such an old piece of software. In VR, the cockpit is accessible and cleverly designed, and typically Soviet in style. Our Ka-50 group is just getting warmed up, starting with a back-to-basics training schedule, and it is really fantastic fun to use all the systems it has to offer.

Still love it!

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

I'm sure there is a market for a Black Shark 3 after DCS World 2 is released. New Textures, new sounds and maybe a new version of the Shark...one may dream, right? :D

I won't be buying a black shark 3. I've already payed TWICE for the Shark. You want to sell another Shark, it better be the Ka-52. Otherwise, FIX THE SHARK.

• 4 weeks later...

since ED announced an update for the black shark, i thought i'll just throw in my 2c.

my wishlist (beside the facelift, which apparently is already on ED's list) in order of priority:

- proper INU alignment during cold start procedures (timer, quality indication)

- fix fuel gauge indicating without electrical power (i.e. when fuel qty switch set to off)

- working volt meter/amp meter (rear panel)

- functional CBs

please ED, this bird needs some love! : )

- fix fuel gauge indicating without electrical power (i.e. when fuel qty switch set to off)

It is actually the way it works apparently in the real Ka50. In BS1 and the first versions of BS2, fuel gauge was working only when energized. They changed that and told the community that it was the way it should be.

HILOK, i confirm Badcrc, all the ka-50 pits i have seen that are powered off have fuel gauges showing correct levels

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

... and reserve a little surprise for you if you fly during 1h+ without powering it on...

working as intended, and my car works the same ;-)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• 1 month later...
thanks for the info, badcrc. my bad! still wondering what the fuel qty switch is for though, but ok...

HILOK, i confirm Badcrc, all the ka-50 pits i have seen that are powered off have fuel gauges showing correct levels

It's not that the gauges show correct levels when not energized. It's just that the needles don't move unless they're energized.

So if you turn the FUEL QTY switch off, the needles stop moving. They don't go to zero when off, they just stay put at the last position they were when they were energized.

If you fly for a while, refuel etc. with the switch off and turn it back on, you'll see the needles moving to the actual correct levels.

Damn, everytime this thread shows up with new post my heart misses a few beats, stop talking about tank gauges and leave this thread for real news :D :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

It's not that the gauges show correct levels when not energized. It's just that the needles don't move unless they're energized.

So if you turn the FUEL QTY switch off, the needles stop moving. They don't go to zero when off, they just stay put at the last position they were when they were energized.

If you fly for a while, refuel etc. with the switch off and turn it back on, you'll see the needles moving to the actual correct levels.

thanks for clarification! I also noticed that the fuel check buttons won't work with fuel qty set to off.

• 1 month later...
Does ur ka50 show the autopilot buttons light?

I bought mine one week ago and the buttons don t lit up.

Same for the nav system. When I press waypoint let s say a blue light should turn on..but it doesn t happen :(

The cockpit lighting is supposed to be addressed at some future patch, so yeah, for the time being there are issues with the SAS buttons lighting up properly. I've found them easier to read in Ricardo's cockpits, which can be found here:

Blue:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1766778/

Black:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602834/

Just a quick heads up though, I don't know if you do any night flying, but it seems like the lighting for the gauges on the front instrument panel aren't working so well. Hope this helps, and hope we get an official ED fix for the Shark cockpit before too long.

Does ur ka50 show the autopilot buttons light?

I bought mine one week ago and the buttons don t lit up.

Same for the nav system. When I press waypoint let s say a blue light should turn on..but it doesn t happen :(

No, they don't work since visual effect shaders are broken. They get fixed when KA-50 update comes, possibly this year.

There are many unimplemented features like:

• Missile warning system
  • Vikhr fragmentation sleeve
  • Vikhr delayed fuze
  • A-A missiles (R-73 / IGLA)
  • Heating system
  • Shkval wipers and rain effects
  • Shkval locking on anything based contrast

Some others that I don't now recall that cockpit labels state "not implemented" or manual states so.

Problem is as well that our KA-50 is very specific prototype model, that has different features since ED got access to it or what the others had. So they either stick to prototype that doesn't exist anymore as is or they can do what KA-50 is to be in operational condition as designed.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The cockpit lighting is supposed to be addressed at some future patch, so yeah, for the time being there are issues with the SAS buttons lighting up properly. I've found them easier to read in Ricardo's cockpits, which can be found here:

Blue:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1766778/

Black:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602834/

Just a quick heads up though, I don't know if you do any night flying, but it seems like the lighting for the gauges on the front instrument panel aren't working so well. Hope this helps, and hope we get an official ED fix for the Shark cockpit before too long.

thank u so much! But how come all the utube videos have light! It is a very old module, i doubt that they will update it

thank u so much! But how come all the utube videos have light! It is a very old module, i doubt that they will update it

The graphics Will be updated to Better match new 2.5 engine even if It Is an old module, ED announced the update for 2019. We do not know exactly when and newer modules have priority, but ka-50 Will be updated and lights Will be operative again, this Is for sure.

Yeah, one major upgrade will be that one can operate switches with better usability as the switches background will get modeled.

There was good comparison between A-10C current and updated cockpit mesh.

Half of the KA-50 capabilities are still packing because limited Vikhr and Shkval modeling, so hopefully those will get included when possible by DCS engine.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.