WIP MiG-15 8k skin template

OverStratos

Our MiG-21Bis can't be the only 8K module! :D

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Our MiG-21Bis can't be the only 8K module! :D

To be honest I was inspired by you.:D

I also did some work in the MiG-21 template as well.:music_whistling:

This MiG-15 one is almost finished, need to tweak the spec maps a bit more.

Edited by OverStratos
orthography correction

This is so cool. I can't wait to get my hands on the new templates for the Mig-15bis and Mig-21bis. The Mig-15 and Mig-21 are my absolute favorite rides in DCS, without question. I highly recommend both of these rides and both teams. I am extremely pleased with Leatherneck Studios and Belsimtek. I think it is very fitting that the Mig-15 and Mig-21 are among the first rides to have 8k templates, since they are both great add-ons from exceptional teams. :thumbup: MJ

That's really impressive, excellent work!

I flew the MiG-15 a lot over the weekend, I agree that it's one of the best DCS modules currently available. We really need a Korea Map!

I look forward to seeing more, perhaps you will also create a few liveries with your template. :music_whistling:

-Nick

I flew the MiG-15 a lot over the weekend, I agree that it's one of the best DCS modules currently available. We really need a Korea Map!

I look forward to seeing more, perhaps you will also create a few liveries with your template. :music_whistling:

-Nick

+1 Yep! I love the Mig-15bis. Do you have the DCS Mig-21bis, also? I would highly recommend the Mig-21bis. The only downside of the Mig-21bis is that it raises your expectations for what a DCS add-on ought to be to absurdly high high levels. The Mig-21bis is a real work of art and I am not really into Delta wing planes, being that I am really interested in the Transonic jets, such as the Mig-15bis, F-86F, Hunter Hawker, and Mig-17F, myself. Belsimtek and Leatherneck Studios really deliver fantastic DCS add-ons. I hope that one day Belsimtek or Leatherneck Studios make my dream DCS add-on ride, the Mig-17F. I just know that Belsimtek or Leatherneck Studios would absolutely deliver the super high quality Mig-17F Fresco DCS add-on of my dreams. :thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

Is such big skin even used by the game engine?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

+1 Yep! I love the Mig-15bis. Do you have the DCS Mig-21bis, also? I would highly recommend the Mig-21bis. The only downside of the Mig-21bis is that it raises your expectations for what a DCS add-on ought to be to absurdly high high levels. The Mig-21bis is a real work of art and I am not really into Delta wing planes, being that I am really interested in the Transonic jets, such as the Mig-15bis, F-86F, Hunter Hawker, and Mig-17F, myself. Belsimtek and Leatherneck Studios really deliver fantastic DCS add-ons. I hope that one day Belsimtek or Leatherneck Studios make my dream DCS add-on ride, the Mig-17F. I just know that Belsimtek or Leatherneck Studios would absolutely deliver the super high quality Mig-17F Fresco DCS add-on of my dreams. :thumbup: MJ

Yes, the MiG-21Bis is my favorite module and I spend about 75% of my DCS time flying it. It is VERY well done.

Part of what impressed me about the MiG-15 was it's ability to pry me out of the MiG-21 for a weekend. ;)

The Belsimtek modules also really impress me and I own all them...even though I'm a dreadful helo pilot...need to practice more! I can't wait for the F-5E and would love to see a MiG-17 or MiG-19 in the future. I think VEAO might be planning a Hawker Hunter and they have several early jets (not transonic) in development as well.

Still, I'm amazed at how many excellent modules I have at this point. The MiG-15 and F-86 are a lot of fun to fly and I love the diversity of experience offered thus far.

I hope things continue to expand instead of changing direction. :)

-Nick

-Nick

Thank you, I think it is nothing out of the ordinary. :)

I look forward to seeing more, perhaps you will also create a few liveries with your template. music_whistling.gif

Well, you can request one and let´s see what I can do.

Thank you, I think it is nothing out of the ordinary. :)

Well, you can request one and let´s see what I can do.

Beautiful work! While it may be ordinary it's pretty extraordinary to me! I can barely get Photoshop to do what I want most of the time lol! The Mig-15 is one of my favorite modules, despite being trouble with her. Nice to see her getting some love!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Is such big skin even used by the game engine?

On the MiG-21, yes.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Wow! fantastic work!:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Sorry guys, the skin is finished, but real life is kicking in.

I haven´t found any time to upload the template.

Don´t worry, this will be uploaded soon and the moment it happen you will know.

OverStratos, No problem. I apologize if I came off impatient. I couldn't possibly justify a criticism of your amazing efforts. You are improving upon one of my favorite DCS rides and I am just very enthusiastic about your work. Thank you for the update. I really appreciate your effort. The Mig-15bis is going to look incredible, like her big sister, the Mig-21bis. :thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Maybe the author has extremely slow internet and the upload is taking most of a year? LOL.

Wow, you're really a cruel person. :D

I'm really sorry guys :(, a big project just got in the way and I sttoped working on the template. If we are lucky you may hear about it.

I really don't want to upload an unfinished work. But, I promise I will finish the 8k skins and some paintings.

Cheers.:)

• Like 1