UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

Will see if I can get away from family responsibilities and household chores for a while this evening to run some tests. Will report back.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sgt_Baker! I was wondering if with ultramfcd i would be able to run it on my touchscreen lap top, separate from my computer that is running DCS. Is there any way this is possible?

That's the next big development that we have scheduled. Believe it or not, it was one of the earliest technological hurdles we crossed back in 2014, yet demand is such that other things needed to be completed ahead of network functionality, particularly due to uncertainty regarding DCS 1.5+ DirectX11 rendering etc.

Obviously I want to measure twice and cut once regarding this feature, so the net code will work with Windows, Android and IOS.

--Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

That's the next big development that we have scheduled. Believe it or not, it was one of the earliest technological hurdles we crossed back in 2014, yet demand is such that other things needed to be completed ahead of network functionality, particularly due to uncertainty regarding DCS 1.5+ DirectX11 rendering etc.

Obviously I want to measure twice and cut once regarding this feature, so the net code will work with Windows, Android and IOS.

--Baker

I love it! But for real this is amazing. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Fly
Added Quote

I was not sure did this "bug" said before but I tested today and seems that UFMCD displays are not shown if you start new fly...at first fly all was working well but no displays at second fly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I was not sure did this "bug" said before but I tested today and seems that UFMCD displays are not shown if you start new fly...at first fly all was working well but no displays at second fly.

Yep, that one is already patched in internal builds on this end. As it so happens I am, right at this moment, in the middle of getting rid of the double-touch issue for all displays.

Ha I was just about to post the same thing. works fine on initial flight then any other flight not working until you restart both UMFCD and DCS.

When it works though its fantastic. looking forward to the fix.

SD

There's also another face to this particular problem: Multiplayer. DCS does things sufficiently differently that the whole quit/start procedure requires special attention.

Attention it is getting as we speak.

:)

When can we expect UltraMFCD be available on tablet/android devices?

I can't give you an exact answer to that. It's kinda a big deal, so need particular care and attention.

That and the fact that things that work on one tablet will break on another, so you have to have a variety of devices knocking around, which I don't.

This statement:

"Will I be able to use uMFCD on my phone or tablet?

This feature is definitely a part of our development roadmap. We've already trialled such functionality at the R&D level, with the high standard of results you would expect from UltraMFCD."

standing on your FAQ site section. That's why I asked. :)

Of course, it is your decision whether you have interest to develop this application. For me personally would be useful to be able to put on my tablet CDU or Shkval for example, or GPS device when it develop by ED.

What would differentiate setting say two tablets of say 2-3 monitor?

In the end it is your decision and good luck in your future work. For now I can find my way just fine with snapviews. Bye! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

What would differentiate setting say two tablets of say 2-3 monitor?

The differences are huge. Those 2-3 monitors are connected directly to a huge computing powerhouse of a graphics card by many-gigabit communication systems (HDMI, DisplayPort etc). The tablet/phone/whatever else isn't. Thus, one has to perform a lot of code gymnastics to compress and transmit display imagery (mostly thinking of TGPs and Shkvals here) in real-time. Nobody wants a second of lag between the sim and their tablet export.

These requirements preclude all the "standard" methods for transmitting video to portable devices, so you end up having to roll your own highly-efficient solution - and remember that Apple will refuse to list your app on their store if they think it uses too much battery.

So, in conclusion, they are two different worlds.

:)

--Baker

Development update: So after lots and lots of man-hours, tonnes of code and five failed attempts to elegantly unify how uMFCD deals with the differences between single-player and multi-player...

The solution that works all the time is... five lines of code. Five. And took minutes to implement.

Stupid computers. Stupid Baker. Stupid app.

:lol:

--snippage--

= awesome app! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Knowing the feeling...it's almost daily for me....sometimes answers are so easy that you feel stupid after realizing it..:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit