Simultaneous control from both cockpits?

MMalkavian

I don't know if that's what that means. The four options are based on upon requesting control and if the other pilot needs to approve manually before control is transferred.

Setting: Pilot must approve giving up control / Pilot2 must approve giving up control

Instructor priority: NO / YES

Student priority: YES / NO

Always ask: YES / YES

Equally responsible: NO / NO (?)

I would be very surprised if equally responsible had simultaneous control.

Remember its not a real aircraft. There is no feedback between cockpits so you cant have 2 people in control at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Remember its not a real aircraft. There is no feedback between cockpits so you cant have 2 people in control at the same time.

Except if both player have FFB

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Sure you can. The side stick in Airbus aircraft aren't mechanically linked either. If both pilots move their stick without either pressing their priority button then their inputs are added together.

Whether the L-39 works this way I've not tested, but it would be an option.

I guess what I am trying to say is without feedback through the controls you dont learn anything more. Just causes confusion like the Airbus system has done in some incidents. The second problem is lag through the network.

Honestly if someone is training you from the back seat they can pretty much see what you are doing. The only thing dual controls gives you is being able to follow your instructor through so you can feel the control inputs. Not really practical in DCS.

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I tried "equally responsible" on Sunday with my buddy and I can say in 1.5 it did not work for us. I do not know about 2, since I do not have that yet.

I was able to get him to have full control however by setting it to pilot and me in the back seat. I also retained control when the aircraft was set to instructor, and he was still in the front seat.

On the "always ask" option, we could not find any keyboard shortcut for that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

It's in the last tab of L-39 properties in mission editor.

Tnx. I tried at options menu at first.

EDIT: It doesn't work, whatever option I set.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

The FFB is only synchronized from host to client not client to host.

My understanding of your statement is that if the HOST is sitting in the back seat and is currently the one in control, when he moves his stick then if the CLIENT (sitting in the front seat) has an FFB stick he will feel the force to the direction of the stick movement?

i.e. the implementation is like the changing of the centering when you adjust the trim with a FFB stick?

S!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Tnx. I tried at options menu at first.

EDIT: It doesn't work, whatever option I set.

Strictly offliner here - I don't know how to make it work correctly online, sorry!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Bel and others:

You're looking for "request aircraft control" in the options menu for the L-39; it is not bound on the keyboard by default (I use "C" as this is not currently used elsewhere)

Equally responsible means whomever requested control last will have it; instructor/student priority means the player in that seat has to hand over control to the other pilot (pressing Request Aircraft Control when you already have it will turn control over to the other pilot)

Edited by feefifofum