DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Wow, .diff.lua files in the input joystick directories of the modules :cry: My input profiles were highly optimized for my purposes and I spent a lot of time on it. Now they get overwritten by this :censored:.

What is the recommended procedure to disable these changes? Other than simply deleting the diff.lua files (if that works - did not try yet).

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1539180720-dcs-2018-10-10-16-10-39-26.png

it looks very white, like no AO textures were made for it when the light directly incides in the surfaces...also there is no detailed weathering in most parts for the materials making it look too perfect/unatural...at least it looks weird to me...

Looks much better than before

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

What is changed on updated Aim-9L/M? Is more leathal or weaknd?

Does this also effect the rb 74 on the viggen, since its an aim-9l.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Another OB update and on a Tuesday. Is this the equivalent of a hot fix?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

They said they were going to do that because of the joystick settings controversy.

OK Thanks. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Another OB update and on a Tuesday. Is this the equivalent of a hot fix?

I presume they'll release the MiG-29 support on Wednesday to the stable branch, hence a Tuesday release on OB branch, just to double check if there are any critical issues left (like e.g. the keyboard profiles problem).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I presume they'll release the MiG-29 support on Wednesday to the stable branch, hence a Tuesday release on OB branch, just to double check if there are any critical issues left (like e.g. the keyboard profiles problem).

That was one of the questions resonating in the back of my mind,but dared not to ask because....well you know how some of the community can react to such questions. :D

Yup, I think we are still on schedule for a stable release Wednesday, but stay tuned for news.

Sounds great! Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

And it's out:

DCS 2.5.3.22877

Introduced the new Professional FM of MiG-29.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3659538&postcount=9

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

No Hornet toys again... well, this was the last regular update this month

As mentioned in a recent newsletter, we are pushing hard for JHMCS with AIM-9X support, Maverick, FPAS page, and corrected A/A antenna logic after undesignated button lock release. All is looking good, but the AGM-65F and G versions will unfortunately not be ready until next month.

ME. Added C-130 and F-4E to Iran.

I wonder if they'll ever get the MiG-23... I think they actually don't have MLDs, but as a substitute it should be better than nothing.

I had to mess around with foreign coalitions to get some there, but it looks dull to have Georgian or Ukrainian assets based on Iran. And I've put the Russians to BLUE since the cold war is over.

At least I have some good reasons now to Viggen again dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Changes in last Tuesday’s patch:

• Fix to popup-point switching logic.
  • Rb15 group target fix.
  • U22 and U22/A is no longer turned on when starting cold.
  • Fix to U22/A listening even though it was turned off.
  • Suspension for main landing gear softened to allow earlier rotation.
  • Both brakes on same axis fixed.
  • Fix to target ring not displaying with sidewinders.
  • Reverted smoke-in-AB-fix because it turned off sound, not sure how to fix this.

Which aircraft is this refering to?

Did Iran ever use the MiG-23? Any version at all?

They have captured Iraqi Floggers. Just did a quick check on wiki.

12 Mig-23s flown over from Iraq in 1991 in storage.

So they're not in use, but they probably could use them if absolutely needed to. Iraq had BN, ML, MF, MS and UM according to wiki. 4 BN, 7 ML and 1 UM went to Iran according to that article. Sources given are:

Iraqi Perspectives Project Phase II. Um Al-Ma'arik (The Mother of All Battles): Operational and Strategic Insights from an Iraqi Perspective, Volume 1 (Revised May 2008)

Miguel Garcia (2018). Iraqi Mirages In Combat. p. 229.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3669278&postcount=165

Looks like they won't make the end of October afterall: "While new Hornet features and fixes like the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), FPAS page, laser Maverick, and corrected air-to-air radar B-sweep are still on track to be ready next week, we need to adhere to our Open Beta release schedule and have time for proper internal-testing of these complex items. As such, these will be released in the next, scheduled Open Beta release on 7 November 2018."

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo