PAK-FA Project

Adding more detail to my Work, Also coming on next build will be the Animation of our Su-57 After PArking, i have started creating a ladder from scratch and i will also include engine intake covers and tires Shoes ex, all Parked 3d models will be made from scratch, i no longer have to fear to try and model stuff lol.:D

That is awesome. :D Something every DCS plane needs. :D

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I have Started Working Back on the Cockpit now that i undestand Textures Better,here is what is been Added.

Ejection Handle Textures.

Stick.

Throttle

Seat.

Backboard.

Sideframe.

Next is going to be to finish the animation for the Stick and the rest of the Textures.

Edited by cubanace

IMPROVEMENTS

SU-57 PAK FA PROJECT IMPROVEMENTS PREVIEW FOR NEXT BUILD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/16/2017 PROJECT UPDATE NEWS.

coming in the Next build..........

New Animations

PArking Animations.

Added Canopy Animation After Parking.

Added Aircraft Tires Shoes After parking.

Added Aircraft Ladder After Parking.

Ejecting Animations

Added Canopy Animation( At the moment canopy only slides backwards it does not Eject(i m working on a fix).

Added The Pilot To not Show up after Ejecting.

Added Correct Russian Pilot to show up on ground after Ejecting.

New 3d Models i made

Aircraft Nose Section

Cockpit Parts and Textures.

Ladder and Tire Shoes

"New SKIN"

New Paint Scheme based on Port #509 "80% Complete"..

New Art/Theme/Icon.

Been Worked on."60% Complete"

Best Regards Cubanace!.

Edited by cubanace
  • Like 1

SU-57 PAK FA PROJECT Version 1.5.07 BUILD Download LInk and Whats Included.

8/17/2017 NEW PROJECT BUILD VERSION 1.5.07

New Animations

PArking Animations (AI) Mostly.

Added Canopy Animation After Parking.

Added Aircraft Tires Shoes After parking.

Added Aircraft Ladder After Parking.

Modeled the LAdder Lot Thinner Like the real one.

Ejecting Animations

Added Canopy Animation( At the moment canopy only slides backwards it does not Eject(i m working on a fix).

Added The Pilot To not Show up after Ejecting.

Added Correct Russian Pilot to show up on ground after Ejecting.

New 3d Models i made

Aircraft Nose Section

Cockpit Parts and Textures.

Ladder and Tire Shoes.

remodeled Both Intakes and Intake Covers.

"New SKIN"

New Paint Scheme based on Port #509 "80% Complete" But included...

New Art/Theme/Icon.

Made A new Icon and Renamed the MOD to SU-57 PAK FA Project.

Bugs Fixed

Fixed the bugWhere the AI PAK FA would Drop out of the Sky all the Sudden.

Disabled Left and Right Animation to the Stick! Due to a bug in the HElmet mounted Display that somehow seems to be linked to stick movements,i am working on a fix.

DownLoad Link

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2539621/

Best Regards Cubanace!.

Edited by cubanace

Wow outstanding module!! :thumbup:

The information on the left MFD (particulary the AI, HSI...) is still flawed, but I know it´s WIP. The cockpit color seems to be the right one, but I don´t know whether there are any differences between test- and operational aircraft.

The Left MFD will get a complete overhaul and i will get the Digital Information working like its ment to work, i been looking for a similar MFD to that of the Su-35.

Edited by cubanace

Sounds interesting :) ... but how dit you get the average fuel consumption of 0.4895 ? I´ve picked up some information from an interview of the chief test-pilot of Sukhoi Sergej Bogdan:

. On minute 2:30 he says that compared to the Su-27, the Su-35 has almost the same fuel consumption (and due to a higher fuel capacity, a greater range).

So since the Su-57 has interim engines of the Su-35 (not exactly the same, but nearly) it should have a comparable consumption.

Obviously you coded the PAK FA with the second stage engines, as I conclude from the powerplant data. But one of the goals is to create the new engines with better fuel efficacy, so they will consume not as much as the older ones.

ED coded the average consuption of the Su-27 with 0.268. So why there is such a big differece between both?

Sounds interesting :) ... but how dit you get the average fuel consumption of 0.4895 ? I´ve picked up some information from an interview of the chief test-pilot of Sukhoi Sergej Bogdan:
. On minute 2:30 he says that compared to the Su-27, the Su-35 has almost the same fuel consumption (and due to a higher fuel capacity, a greater range).

So since the Su-57 has interim engines of the Su-35 (not exactly the same, but nearly) it should have a comparable consumption.

Obviously you coded the PAK FA with the second stage engines, as I conclude from the powerplant data. But one of the goals is to create the new engines with better fuel efficacy, so they will consume not as much as the older ones.

ED coded the average consuption of the Su-27 with 0.268. So why there is such a big differece between both?

Could be bad coding from my part i used a Simulation from nasa to get the numbers of the fuel usage, i used the new engines as an example for the code if i lower the code equations then the Pak Fa eats even more gas and does not even last an average trip in dcs world caucasus map in supercruise, i coded the engine table in a way that it could supercruise at 35.000 feet and below but that makes the fuel usage Alot!! is like having the Afterburner on without it been On,dont know IF is because i am using the SFM MOdel, and also the engine table is not even Complete in anyway Specially at above MAch 1.5 it still Rockets i have to look into that more and Improve it,Everytime i work on the engine table i also have to recode the fuel usage.

These are the links i have used to help me code and understand somewhat what i am trying to do with the supercruise and Afterburner.

Nasa

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/BGP/Devon/range_fuel_act.htm

MOstly this one been recoding (Thrust)

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/K-12/airplane/sfc.html

And this one to make the Supercruise.

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/K-12/airplane/fuelfl.html

Edited by cubanace

Hi! thanks for this model !

I've just tried it in 1.5.7 (in 2.1.1 the AC just doesn't appear in AC list) it's already really nice. In videos running on a screen the cockpit looks very spartan / bare, but in VR it's very beautifull.

The gun sound (supposed to be Gsh30_1) sounds very low rate of fire just like Gun2A42 sound. The original DCS sound Gsh301 seems more appropriate.

Superb work.

Hi! thanks for this model !

I've just tried it in 1.5.7 (in 2.1.1 the AC just doesn't appear in AC list) it's already really nice. In videos running on a screen the cockpit looks very spartan / bare, but in VR it's very beautifull.

The gun sound (supposed to be Gsh30_1) sounds very low rate of fire just like Gun2A42 sound. The original DCS sound Gsh301 seems more appropriate.

Superb work.

Hmm i will look into the Cannon Sounds,thanks for pointing that out.

NEW CODE AND COLLISION SHELL MODEL PREVIEW, LANDING WHILE IN HIGH ALPHA NOW POSSIBLE AS SEEN IN THIS VIDEO.

I AM Still Testing it and making sure it works on all places like runways and Carriers just to make sure,if all goes as planned then you guys will have the next update around the corner.:D:D:joystick::smartass:

No more dam tail strikes and engine damage on landings and Takeoff.

Preview of the tighter turning radius while taxy and High Alpha Landing.

Could be bad coding from my part i used a Simulation from nasa to get the numbers of the fuel usage, i used the new engines as an example for the code if i lower the code equations then the Pak Fa eats even more gas and does not even last an average trip in dcs world caucasus map in supercruise, i coded the engine table in a way that it could supercruise at 35.000 feet and below but that makes the fuel usage Alot!! is like having the Afterburner on without it been On,dont know IF is because i am using the SFM MOdel, and also the engine table is not even Complete in anyway Specially at above MAch 1.5 it still Rockets i have to look into that more and Improve it,Everytime i work on the engine table i also have to recode the fuel usage.

Well, I finally found time to do several testflights:

It seems quite normal that the consumption is doubled, if you fly with Mach 1.5 (or slightly above) compared to Mach 1.1 with RPM = 95% (not the indication in the cockpit). With the Flanker I had the same issue, which is a PFM model. But even at Mach 1.3 the fuel consumption is about 53% higher compared to Mach 1.1!

With RPM = 85% your consumption raises from Mach 1.1 to 1.3 and 1.5 not that much, BUT it´s not the most efficient power setting to achieve max range with supercruise!

Wiki says that maximum range with supersonic speed without afterburners is about 1500 Km (in russian Wiki up to 2000 Km and with 11100 Kg internal fuel, but that´s with the older engines). So with this extra fuel I got a maximum range of 2080 Km with RPM= 95%, on an "optimal" altitude of 15 Km, IAS= 760 Km/h, TAS= 1980 Km/h, Mach= 1,1, flight duration: 63 minutes.

So the power setting of 95 % and Mach-number 1.1 are most efficient when it comes to range with supercruise. And I compared the RPM-settings of 85%, 87%, 90%, 95% and 100%. (I decided to put Mach 1.1 as the minimum supersonic speed).

I also modified the fuel equation in the lua-file, but the actual consumtion in flight never changed, neither with speed, nor with altitude (on Su-57 and Su-27 as well).

• 1 month later...
SU-57 PAK FA PROJECT Version 1.5.07 BUILD Download LInk and Whats Included.

8/17/2017 NEW PROJECT BUILD VERSION 1.5.07

DownLoad Link

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2539621/

Help me please!

Remember in order to use the new R-37 Missile you most drop the R-33 and R-37 folders into DCS WORLD/MODS/TECH.

THe missile folders are found in my Pak Fa Mod just get those and drop them into dcs world/mod/tech and you are done,happy hunting.

When Arming the aircraft you will find the NEw Missiles at PYlons 11,9,4,2

Pak fa works. But I don't have r-37. I have only one r-33 at pylon 2. No Caucasus map when pressing the M key. Three other users have this situation :helpsmilie:

Edited by Siluan

Help me please!

Pak fa works. But I don't have r-37. I have only one r-33 at pylon 2. No Caucasus map when pressing the M key. Three other users have this situation :helpsmilie:

Look into documents section of the mod folder it has instruction on how to install the R-37 long range Missiles .

But it's simple ,grab the R-37 folder included in the Pak fa mod folder and drop it into DCS/Mods/Tech Folder and your done.

This is a Work in Progress Project and it will continue to be Updated but as this moment I am without PC so I can't upload my latest work that I had on the Pak fa project that included ,

Collision Shells and important code for the weels,frame,whole body ex.

Edited by cubanace
  • Like 1

Look into documents section of the mod folder it has instruction on how to install the R-37 long range Missiles .

But it's simple ,grab the R-37 folder included in the Pak fa mod folder and drop it into DCS/Mods/Tech Folder and your done.

This is a Work in Progress Project and it will continue to be Updated but as this moment I am without PC so I can't upload my latest work that I had on the Pak fa project that included ,

Collision Shells and important code for the weels,frame,whole body ex.

We did everything in accordance with the instructions of the forum and the documents folder :плач: The folder "R-33 and R-37" we've placed into DCS WORLD/MODS/TECH

Edited by Siluan
  • Like 1

We did everything in accordance with the instructions of the forum and the documents folder :плач: The folder "R-33 and R-37" we've placed into DCS WORLD/MODS/TECH

What version of the game are you guys running ? The Pak fa mod was made for 1.5.7 and below, I don't have 2.0 or above so I can't work on it but I will in the near future.