MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali

I'm having a lot of fun flying this while I save up for a study level module.

One question, is there any way to get a target reticle for the rockets/bombs? Or totally eyeballing it?

There are 4 reticle mode, two for air combat and two for bomb/rocket, use LShift+T to toggle them.

And if you look at the throttle you will see the round part turn left/right, it's the selector animation.

Why2ET.jpg

Edited by PONY3_Aracno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just finished flying this a bit more; I think that it will be perfect for my total flight sim newbie friend to start in, I can sit in the back seat in VR and help instruct him, though sadly I cant take the controls. I do have some feedback:

1. The jet is VERY touchy about your AOA when landing and taking off. If you pull the stick back even slightly too much you will...well, explode. It seems like this is a consequence of the SFM and I hope this is resolved with the EFM.

2. Some of the switch locations dont exactly line up with where they appear to be. This is especially difficult in VR.

3. I know this has been touched on, but surely there is a way in the future we may get communications? It would really be nice, especially so I don't have to fuss with loadouts in the mission editor. If this is an SDK issue with no way around it, fair enough.

Lastly, I want to just commend the work you all of done; of all the aircraft mods, this is the only one I see as a viable aircraft I would actually want to bother downloading and flying, until the community A-4 skyhawk comes along. I for one would love to see the group of you get to work together with a 3rd party dev in the future for a new, fully featured payed MB 339 module, or some other unique Italian trainer aircraft perhaps. Either way, thank you so much and keep up the great work, I am glad I get to enjoy this unique aircraft!

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

First of all thank you for the compliments, as parents we are happy when people like our baby ...

1) AOA :we can not say "its a consequence of sfm", the true is that we did not investigated enought the problem because we hope to solve all this things with the efm and we dont want our coders spend time on something different than EFM ...

After all you only need 10/20 knots more in take off and landing and to be gentle pulling the stick.

2) I dont understand what you mean, are you talking about clickable? Because we all use VR and we dont have problem with clickable, but maybe we have learn where to click flying the mod everyday in the last two years.

3) I believe we need sdk for communications, but i'm not a coder, need to ask ..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congratualation with this plane, this is in my own opinion the best non 3rd party mod.

I have noticed some bugs:

-There is a big problem with the altimeter.

It's not possible to set the altimeter correctly.

An increase in the setting lead to a decrease of the altitude. This should be in the other way. In reality if you increase the setting the altitude increase as well.

Furthermore the step between 2 hectopascal should be 27 feet, but it's closer to 15 feet in your plane.

-I managed to use the GPS and when you select a waypoint, the needle on the HSI doesn't point toward the waypoint but the distance seems correct.

I hope this will help ;)

First of all thank you for the compliments, as parents we are happy when people like our baby ...

1) AOA :we can not say "its a consequence of sfm", the true is that we did not investigated enought the problem because we hope to solve all this things with the efm and we dont want our coders spend time on something different than EFM ...

After all you only need 10/20 knots more in take off and landing and to be gentle pulling the stick.

2) I dont understand what you mean, are you talking about clickable? Because we all use VR and we dont have problem with clickable, but maybe we have learn where to click flying the mod everyday in the last two years.

3) I believe we need sdk for communications, but i'm not a coder, need to ask ..

Thanks for responding! I agree on your first point, it is best to just push forward to the EFM, at the end of the day that is probably the best outcome

For point 2, what I am referring to is the "click zones" where the cursor switches to indicate that the switch can be clicked. Most of these are spot on, but there are a couple of switches (cant verify which specific ones at the moment) where the zone that you can click is not exactly where the switch is. Not a big deal, and certainly not worth dev time over other higher priority fixes.

And for point 3, thank you for investigating, anything that can make this aircraft even more enjoyable is a great thing!

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

Congratualation with this plane, this is in my own opinion the best non 3rd party mod.

I have noticed some bugs:

-There is a big problem with the altimeter.

It's not possible to set the altimeter correctly.

An increase in the setting lead to a decrease of the altitude. This should be in the other way. In reality if you increase the setting the altitude increase as well.

Furthermore the step between 2 hectopascal should be 27 feet, but it's closer to 15 feet in your plane.

-I managed to use the GPS and when you select a waypoint, the needle on the HSI doesn't point toward the waypoint but the distance seems correct.

I hope this will help ;)

Thank you very much for the segnalation of the altimeter bug, I don't understand how we did not saw a so big mistake ..

We will "repair" the altimeter and check the HSI ASAP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still been having fun flying this plane, it's been my go-to plane for the past week!

I fly 100% VR, so on phantomknight's point on the click zones, I can confirm that several of them are off, a little higher than anticipated. I've already compensated, but for several controls it's left me wondering if it was clickable or not, moving the cursor all around the object to ensure it was or wasn't. (Oculus CV1)

Been having fun doing some A2G work with rockets, and just flying around. Thank you so much for releasing this!

You do need sdk for communications according to the A-4 Skyhawk team (which is why they also won't include it).

Just found your mod yesterday, when it was mentioned on the "Community A-4E" thread. I installed it an I must say: "Wow, you guys did a great job!" :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's fun flying the MB-339. The cockpit is looking good an the exterior model is great. I'm also impressed by the variety of weapons you have added to your mod.

At the moment it feels a little like flying on rails, but I'm sure it will be a lot better, when you roll out the EFM. Considering this is a free mod, I'm really happy with it. Can't wait for the English version of the manual. :book:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Just found your mod yesterday, when it was mentioned on the "Community A-4E" thread. I installed it an I must say: "Wow, you guys did a great job!"

It's fun flying the MB-339. The cockpit is looking good an the exterior model is great. I'm also impressed by the variety of weapons you have added to your mod.

At the moment it feels a little like flying on rails, but I'm sure it will be a lot better, when you roll out the EFM. Considering this is a free mod, I'm really happy with it. Can't wait for the English version of the manual. :book:

Thank you!:)

Unfortunately you are experiencing the limitations of the SFM model but now we are trying to develop an EFM by using the public ED FM template wich permits to overcome a lot of FM limitations.We are going to start the tuning phase of our EFM during the next weeks but this is long process that doesn't allow the EFM publication soon, but we will keep you all update step by step as usual :)

Regarding the manual: our priority is the EFM and as I am the guy who wrote the manual, I can say that the English version will be not included with the next update... I would like to translate it as soon as possible, butthe time is so few to do everything.But never say never... maybe we will give you a Christmas gift so you can read something of different during your holidays :)

Edited by 6S.Duke

Sorry, I don't know what's happened, I've just noticed that my message above was translated in italian.

Now it is in English...

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

No problem. I had already translated it with "Google Translator". :smartass:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

How do I use the manual reticle depression? Do you have a table that relates altitude, speed and pitch-angle to a number I have to select in the gyro gunsight?

The gunsight at the moment is a very simple animation and we are going to work on it in the future, but setting the reticle depression is not going to be a simple task that need accurate planification before the flight and at least we should create two different tables, "the bomb ballistick tables" and the "angle of attack tables" to determinate the correct reticle depression, and its not an easy task ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK. No problem, if it's still work in progress. I thougt it would be modelled already, so I asked about the tables. I can wait. :)