[DCSW: BS2] KA-50 Dirty Windows Mod

Hi...

After Diveplane's (KA-50) and Necroscope's (UH-1H) window mods and their inspirations, I made similar window mod. The resolution of original file is 1024x512. I increased it to 4096x2048 for better view. But of course it has a cost; Original file is 0.5Mb and mine is 11Mb. :music_whistling:

In my system, there's no FPS hit. I didn't count or observe, but theoretically there must be loading time delay for 1 or 1½ secs... May be... :)

By the way; There may be some very minor points/ideas to do or fix. And, with your critique and suggestion I'll update it.

XOXOXO < - Link deleted! Let's come this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284242

I hope you like it.

Thanks.

Devrim. (Update: 08.11.2013)

Edited by Devrim
Update

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks so much guys.

As I stated above, if you have any suggestion or recommendation while using this mod, I'll work on it to get it better.

Best wishes. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Hello dear Devrim,

Oops I'm a real noob, a really stupid because I have missed your Mod...

So there's few minutes I've installed your "Dirty Windows Mod" and I can tell you that with my G-Blue cockpit everything is perfect.

A great again for your talent and this sharing.... best regards, Skull.

Thank you very much Skulleader. :)

Evet, teşekkürler. :)

I really dont like the cockpit reflection of the windows, i think its too much, so i just removed it, the helicopter looks much more lively now, great job.

Great mod, one question though. What is the mod that adds the green tint on the targeting pods display screen called in picture #2?

Thanks. If you mean the color of Shkval TV screen, I think (if I'm not wrong) it was [Mod] Migo's Shkval Mod.

I really dont like the cockpit reflection of the windows, i think its too much, so i just removed it, the helicopter looks much more lively now, great job.
Thank you. Ah, I didn't try it. Good idea. :)
  • Like 2

Hello,

Devrim, the two links for dowloaded the Mod "Migo's Shkval" are broken, anybody have this Mod in his HDD ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

Hello,

Devrim, the two links for dowloaded the Mod "Migo's Shkval" are broken, anybody have this Mod in his HDD ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

This seems to be working :thumbup:

on last page

All links are down anyone got a working link?

EDIT

HERE'S A WORKING LINK

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/download/1387-dcs-bs-shkval-mod/

Intel Core i5-2500K@4GHz | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 | Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB(4x4)@2133Hz | Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB(GV-N760OC-2GD) | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB & WD Blue 500GB @7200 RPM | Creative Audigy 4 (SB0610) Sound Card | BenQ G2420HDB | PSU InWin Commander 850W | Win7 64bit | TiR5+TrackClip PRO |

I forgot to add the link :doh:

:lol::lol::lol::thumbup:

Thats not the same mod.

O'RLY?

Shkval Mod by Migo from http://www.amvi.it/download/dcs/cockpit/files.html

and from http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/download/1387-dcs-bs-shkval-mod/

are identically

Edited by KLiM

Intel Core i5-2500K@4GHz | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 | Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB(4x4)@2133Hz | Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB(GV-N760OC-2GD) | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB & WD Blue 500GB @7200 RPM | Creative Audigy 4 (SB0610) Sound Card | BenQ G2420HDB | PSU InWin Commander 850W | Win7 64bit | TiR5+TrackClip PRO |

Hello dear friends,

Oops I'm very stupid, I'm so sorry...

Thanks for the link everything is OK.

Once again a great for your assistance, have a good day.

Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Hi. Today, I tried it as you do. It's nice, OK. But at night flights, it would be better to see reflections. May be we can reduce the amount of reflection. :)

Thanks Devrim, I fly with a mod like this in the Huey just makes things feel a little more real to me.
Thanks Timekilla. You're right.

Hi. Today, I tried it as you do. It's nice, OK. But at night flights, it would be better to see reflections. May be we can reduce the amount of reflection. :)

well id call my self as being completely terrible at image manipulation, because i just painted the reflection parts completely black :)

i thought of putting a gradient so the top or bottom are more visible, but i dont exactly know what im doing or what would look goodish, and im a lazy bum.

Hello,

I've downloaded the Mod's "ShkvalMigo" and I've drag & drop this file "INTERLEAVE" in the path: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\TempTextures but this Mod don't work.

My Shkval is still grey and not green, please anybody can tell me where is my error ?

The link that I used for downmload this Mod:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php...bs-shkval-mod/

EDIT:

After many tests if I want that this Mod "ShkvalMigo" work fine I must "Drag & Drop" the file "INTERLEAVE" in this other path: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures

And rename my file "INTERLEAVE" as "SHKVAL_MASK"...

Is it NORMAL or NOT ?

Please can you give me your method ?

Once again a great thanks for all. Skull

Edited by Skulleader

Probably Migo's mod was compatibility with prior versions of DCS. He must have updated it. Now, What you did is right way, dear Skulleader. :)

Probably Migo's mod was compatibility with prior versions of DCS. He must have updated it. Now, What you did is right way, dear Skulleader.

Hello Devrim,

I would like to thank you for your explanation ^^

Best regards. Skull