Inverted Autopilot lights and INOP Auto Turn to tagrget etc. lights with 2.5.1

fjacobsen

As Title says...

The AP lights are inverted and the Auto turn to Target, Ground moving target etc.. lights are INOP.

Setting the AP lights opposite as expected (Those turned on are indicated dark, and those Off indicated as lit) makes the AP work.

Pressing the Auto turn to taret does work when pressed, but lights on the button does not lit.

Common....

Why all those one step forward and two step back.

Don´t wreck stuff that has worked and please re-assure that modules that has been working, still are working after each update...

Where are the beta testers, cause Early acces customers has time and time again been told that they are not beta testers !!

I really start to plan installing good old Blackshark 2 and A-10C standalone, just to get something that worked out of the box.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

It's been like this for awhile now. Something to do with deferred shading. I know other modules have had lighting problems as well, especially at night, so it might be part of a broader issue, thus why it isn't a quick fix. I feel your frustration though...I haven't flown the shark since this has been an issue which is painful with 2.5 now out.

They do know this is an issue. I've seen multiple other threads on this, so really there's nothing more to say. Just hope for a fix sooner rather than later.

A-10c and Ka-50 are the oldest DCS modules and so I understand it can be frustrating to have new bugs in newer releases, but IMHO what is the most important is that ED have not abandoned them, and we can fly a-10c and ka-50 side by side with f/a-18. Now ED is focused on the new plane, so I think we'll have to wait to have all 2.5 issues fixed. This is a completely new rendering engine, ED stated they plan a new cockpit for both, but I'll be happy just to have fixes. I think they will arrive with time… what is important is that we are flying a 10 years old module in a completely new environment and in VR too (10 years ago VR was not existent at all). So, let's be happy for what we have, and let's help to find bugs if we find some.

A-10c and Ka-50 are the oldest DCS modules and so I understand it can be frustrating to have new bugs in newer releases, but IMHO what is the most important is that ED have not abandoned them, and we can fly a-10c and ka-50 side by side with f/a-18. Now ED is focused on the new plane, so I think we'll have to wait to have all 2.5 issues fixed. This is a completely new rendering engine, ED stated they plan a new cockpit for both, but I'll be happy just to have fixes. I think they will arrive with time… what is important is that we are flying a 10 years old module in a completely new environment and in VR too (10 years ago VR was not existent at all). So, let's be happy for what we have, and let's help to find bugs if we find some.

I rather think they should have waited with Defered shading until all modules where ready.

Right now most of the more complex modules are more or less porked with 2.5.1OB, so I´m not very fnd of buying earley acces to the F/A-18 when fixes for the older modues comes so slow.

Until now I have been a happy supporter of DCS, having bought all modules as soon as they where released for early acces, but I think it has taken overhand with alpha, beta and EA in DCS. What I want is too see those modules I allready have come to a finished state as proof for ED and their 3rd party developers that they actually can deliver the promised products.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I'm playing OB but I have no intention to buy newer products until I'll see a significant improvement in older modules I already own. Nevertheless I understand that switching 10 yo modules on a newer rendering engine can give rise to new problems that need time to be solved. The will to keep all modules (newer and older) on the same platform is however commendable, and this must be said. It is clear that I can not be satisfied of an a-10c new marketing video to show this will, but I think the real ingame adjustments will come.

Edited by nessuno0505

I rather think they should have waited with Defered shading until all modules where ready.

This!... imo the vast majority of the problems in DCS at the moment are caused by pushing the new tech and engine out premature, and we're really feeling the growing pains. Were they trying to appease those begging for 2.5 or "the merge" idk. There are certain things about the new engine and lighting that show great potential, but the bugs suggest it needed more time.

We'll have to see what happens after the Hornet is out. It seems to me like ED has been on a mission to fulfill some past commitments. ie: NTTR, merging the two versions, and now the Hornet (originally announced in 2011 I believe) If they start fixing these bugs with the freed up resources from the Hornet team then I'll start feeling like were headed back in the right direction. Not exactly the order I would have prioritized things, but that's not my call.

This!... imo the vast majority of the problems in DCS at the moment are caused by pushing the new tech and engine out premature, and we're really feeling the growing pains. Were they trying to appease those begging for 2.5 or "the merge" idk. There are certain things about the new engine and lighting that show great potential, but the bugs suggest it needed more time.

We'll have to see what happens after the Hornet is out. It seems to me like ED has been on a mission to fulfill some past commitments. ie: NTTR, merging the two versions, and now the Hornet (originally announced in 2011 I believe) If they start fixing these bugs with the freed up resources from the Hornet team then I'll start feeling like were headed back in the right direction. Not exactly the order I would have prioritized things, but that's not my call.

I´m just afraid that they will start on the next new module and still leave the old modules full of bugs. Maybe fix some easy bugs.

Sorry to say, but the last few years it seems there is much more focus on stuff that will bring payment, than stuff all ready paid for.

I know it sounds negative, but honestly most early acces modules goes into a kind of sleep mode a couple of month after early access release.

Regarding this threads headline, I have yet to hear feedback on whats going to happen with this from the developers or moderators.

well I'm afraid to say, but for me I feel the shark for one seems like its been abandoned, the oldest full module and it doesn't really work one way or another, always a problem or 2...or more.

I know there must come a time when maybe older modules just don't work anymore with updated code, but as this is a sim for those, or all the modules, they should have a re code process, I know it takes time, but the amount of things for example only with the shark that are wrong it deff needs some love, and I think would show a commitment to keep all there hard work in tip top order for us to enjoy and look good for prospective buyers/onlookers of other modules, feeling that they will be looked after.

it seems at the moment its a just a push for new this and that and it does not matter about the old stuff as we have all this new stuff coming we want you to spend money on.

I don't want to sound bitter,im not, I love DCS and will continue to play, but I also love my shark/A10c etc and want them to work well at the same time.

DS may have had its option on off to make it easier for coding purposes, and I understand/hope all modules will be made to work with it, but it seems to be going a bit too quick and needs to slow down....

I dunno just my thoughts :)

I think we must split the problem in two: for what the lighting is concerned, this is a 2.5 / DS problem and affects more or less all the modules, even 3rd party ones, so I tkink we need a 2.5 update to have button lights work again in ka-50. As it is now, it can make a little more difficult to operate the copter, but it's a problem I can afford. Surely I hope for an update, but not high priority. On the other side, we have for example a datalink malfunction, that is ka-50 specific, and makes some operations impossible to fulfill. This kind of bugs is what I want to see fixed with super-high priority, cause this was a well implemented functionality that has failed with 2.5 and makes the ka-50 less complete than how it was in 1.5.8.