476 vFG Flight Info Pubs

Snoopy

It'll probably be close to the end of the month.

Standing up the 510th (our Hornet Squadron) and some real life items have kept me from being able to put the time into the PG FLIP like I liked. I'm also awaiting some information on a couple airbases (real world stuff) to move forward.

• 1 month later...
Hello Snoopy,

Did you find some time to progress on those PG charts? Thanks for your hard work for the community!

Yup been working on them the last few days but no anticipated release date. I am going to separate it into two documents. UAE and Oman in one and Iran in the other. UAE and Oman will be the first one done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What airfield? If you’re talking Al Dhafra my chart is based on the real information, what is in DCS is not.

Well, if it is the real information needed, there should be a way to get our hands on the Jeppesen (assuming they have those airports).

What is needed regarding PG docs is what is actually in game, not IRL.

Well, if it is the real information needed, there should be a way to get our hands on the Jeppesen (assuming they have those airports).

What is needed regarding PG docs is what is actually in game, not IRL.

That’s your opinion, if you feel that way don’t use the charts that I make specifically for the 476 vFG but share with the community. Create your own, no one is forcing you to use our stuff.

Edited by Snoopy

Sorry Snoopy. I didn't want to offend you. I appreciate you are sharing your hard work with the community. It is quite remarkable.

Let me just explain my point in a less offensive way. :)

I understand the quest for realism, but there is, in DCS maps, some amount of discrepancy with IRL that you can't avoid. It is quite strong for Caucasus, not as much for PG though. But still, it exists.

So say I am using IRL docs to find my way on an airport or direct my flight to the active runway. I am looking at my taxiway chart and I can see that I have to go through Hotel then Charlie and hold short Alpha. Next move for me and the others will be to follow the signs in game. Problem, ED got the Taxiway names wrong like what mwd2 highlighted, and they have no intention to correct this. This kinda kills the immersion, don't you think?

Same for QFU. In Caucasus, they are completely wrong wrt IRL. So yes, IRL QFU for a given runway might be 07, but what's painted on the DCS runway is actually 06. Isn't it better to ask for a 06 clearance then?

I assume PG QFUs are pretty accurate (didn't check actually) but if, in the coming years, they have to change numbers due to magnetic declination changes, I am pretty sure that ED will not bother at all about that. Will you change your doc to reflect IRL despite that?

Sorry Snoopy. I didn't want to offend you. I appreciate you are sharing your hard work with the community. It is quite remarkable.

Let me just explain my point in a less offensive way. :)

I understand the quest for realism, but there is, in DCS maps, some amount of discrepancy with IRL that you can't avoid. It is quite strong for Caucasus, not as much for PG though. But still, it exists.

So say I am using IRL docs to find my way on an airport or direct my flight to the active runway. I am looking at my taxiway chart and I can see that I have to go through Hotel then Charlie and hold short Alpha. Next move for me and the others will be to follow the signs in game. Problem, ED got the Taxiway names wrong like what mwd2 highlighted, and they have no intention to correct this. This kinda kills the immersion, don't you think?

Same for QFU. In Caucasus, they are completely wrong wrt IRL. So yes, IRL QFU for a given runway might be 07, but what's painted on the DCS runway is actually 06. Isn't it better to ask for a 06 clearance then?

I assume PG QFUs are pretty accurate (didn't check actually) but if, in the coming years, they have to change numbers due to magnetic declination changes, I am pretty sure that ED will not bother at all about that. Will you change your doc to reflect IRL despite that?

I see what you're saying but we'll agree to disagree. As I've already said, no one is forcing you to use the 476th FLIPS.

I don't have to share this work with the community but the 476th vFG has always been about sharing 99% of what we develop (IE range objects, A-10C3.3, Stuka's NTTR mission, etc).

ED hasn't labeled the majority of Al Dhafra taxiways so even if I did label them to match in game the airport diagram would be mostly empty and useless based on your reasoning anyways. I'm creating them with the hope that ED will use the information I provided them and make Al Dhafra information correct.

Edited by Snoopy

That's cool man. I think the delta between PG and IRL will not be a huge immersion killer as it is much smaller than with Caucasus. And as you said, PG is not finished yet so there are opportunities to have some convergence at the end of the day, and use IRL doc without noticing any discrepancies.

and use IRL doc without noticing any discrepancies.

I can' tell you without a doubt you can't just use real world documents for any map created by ED. Every FLIP we've made (Russia, Georgia, Nevada, PG) all required extensive updating from what real world documents show. Same reason the charts for Nevada ED included aren't accurate to the sim.

• 1 month later...

A category is Stall speed times 1,3 https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/category+of+aircraft+classification

or her https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_approach_category

There is a mistake in the Approach first you can not descend lower than 6000 it's underline the line above is the max altitude in MSL and then its 5300 MSL.

In this case, I read 6000 descend to 5100 then climb back to 5300 and this makes not really logic.

I rewrite all this with notes and correctet the altitudes, there are few mistakes in the outer approach charts as well. The approach

charts not bad.

Her you have some usfull information about Approach Charts https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/aero_guide/media/editions/cug-tpp-edition.pdf

How an approach build with all clearance segmenst and math calculations.

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/FAA_Order_8260.3C.pdf

Example, you can not have IF and IAF on the same position her explaine it why http://aviation_dictionary.enacademic.com/3873/intermediate_approach_segment

At all are not bad charts

Some good information from real procedures, if you have a bad weather and allows only an ILS approach and the winds come from the outer side where is no ILS you can fly the ILS until you see the Runway at you V for Visual Approach and Circle to the outer Runway in the specified category.

You fly the approach with Category B and circling at altitude 2500 MSL with the visibility of 2 1/2 Miles.

But you can forget this type of approaches the ILS works only in DCS World where the wind comes from.

CIRCLING APPROACH

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

Edited by Thomas Loeffelmann

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Snoopy,

may I use your maps in my aInstruments app ?

If yes, what are the terms/conditions ?

Is it enough to mention your names/website in my app or to give you some free promo codes for app ?

Thanx

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Hi Snoopy,

may I use your maps in my aInstruments app ?

If yes, what are the terms/conditions ?

Is it enough to mention your names/website in my app or to give you some free promo codes for app ?

Thanx

colo

As long as we’re given credit feel free to use however you’d like.

• 1 month later...
As long as we’re given credit feel free to use however you’d like.

Hi,

sorry for late answer,

Thank you for permission,

I will implement maps and I will credit you in App and also on my website.

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments