Controlling ships as Game Master

We have set 2 AI ships as controllable on our server and I've set 2 waypoints and speed and they start to move but then stop before reaching them and when i set a land base target for them to attack but they shoot at the Russian fleet their shadowing instead. The Combined arms manual doesn't really tell you how to do anything with ships.There some you tube videos on but they don't explain much, any advise on this?

[sIGPIC]vMa1Dvw.jpg[/url][/sIG][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Because by general rule, any AI will target first the dangerous enemy, second the main target for her designation itself (in this case a ship main designation is attacking or defending enemy ship) and after she solve the main threat for her designation she will do your order.

Also you can solve your issue setting a multitask ship. This is the only way you can task long range ground targets and at the same time defending the ship itself. For that the most advanced ship is Ticonderoga class cruise.

In case Ticonderoga class doesn’t work. Could be a limitation IRL for use Harpoon and tomahawk missiles at the same time. Not sure of that. They have plan for a more capable Arleigh Burke-class destroyer

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx, maybe we have too many tangos in our map and it can't figure out who to target, but it still doesn't tell me way the ships suddenly stop after i set waypoints and speed, some of the videos i've see show the ships engages landbase targets with guns and sea wiz

Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Hi USNVA; the ships are likely stopping due to an obstruction; check their route along the map and be sure there aren't any objects in their path, particularly small islands if you're setting something up in the Persian Gulf map. Generally try to keep them a couple of miles offshore.

If you wish to prevent the BLUFOR naval vessels from attacking REDFOR ships, you can add an advanced waypoint action with add->perform command->invisible then check the box to enable the option. Keep in mind, though, this will prevent any other AI from "seeing" the units as well until you turn the option back off via another advanced waypoint action, or a triggered action and AI TASK PUSH.

Ships will engage land or other small naval units that are visible to them with main guns and CIWS as appropriate or can be triggered to do so with a FIRE AT POINT action.

Edited by feefifofum

the ship is in open water on the Caucasus map, and within gun range and still won't engage targets, i'm also in game master mode . all targets set to visible and can "see each other, ship will still not move after setting waypoints and speed

How close are the ships to each other? Are they part of the same group? If not, do their paths intersect? Are they being asked to make any complex turns?

If the enemy naval group is invisible, will they attack the desired targets? I don't really have much else to offer without seeing the .miz; lots of possibilities for user error, known issues with the sim, etc.

Click "Go Advanced" and attach the file if you'd like an eyeball on it.

Also - I thought this was happening to you in single player but it merits repetition in case you're on a server somewhere : there is a known issue right now where you cannot control naval units through the CA interface as a multiplayer client. Last I checked it was still working in single player and as the host of a multiplayer session.