I'm too sensitive

bofhlusr

Newbie here.

When I zoom-in in the Mission Editor, the map zooms to the max. How do I adjust zoom in slow increments?

When I turn in FC3 in my A-10, my axis joystick is supersensitive at the beginning and the end of a turn. How do I adjust my joystick sensitivity?

When I taxi down from a rampway, my throttles jumps up and I end up going superfast while taxing on the ground. How do I adjust the sensitivity of my throttle so that I can keep my speed down to 8-12 mph?

Thanks!

Edited by bofhlusr

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

Use the middle mouse wheel button. Each click changes the zoom level so you can walk the zoom to what you want.

To adjust the joystick sensitivity, Under Options, Controls, select Axis Commands, select the axis you want to adjust then select Axis Tune. You can adjust the curves as you see fit.

Likewise for the throttles. Select Axis Tune and then adjust the curves as you see fit.

Post further questions. There are lots of good folks willing to help you answer them.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Got lots of questions. First I have a Microsoft mouse. What I want to do first is zoom in and out in the Mission Editor in small increaments instead of going like 10x or -10x for each click of my mouse wheel.

I selected the Camera Zoom View, Mouse Z:

There are four possible variables, Deadzone, Saturation X and Y, and Curvature. I played around with them awhile without success. It's more difficult than guessing a password or pin number.

What values can you suggest for each of the four variables?

Thanks.

Edited by bofhlusr
Grammar

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

@vicx, thanks for the reply. I took a look at the file. I'm sure it would be very helpful to someone who knows lua, which I unfortunately don't (the only thing I know is the '--' comment characters).

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the values going up then?

• 2 weeks later...

Before messing with any LUA settings, I would really ensure that you are not having other issues. For instance, make sure that all settings are default for your axis and sensitivities. I say again " Default ". Also ensure that on the windows driver side of things that they are set to default including your mouse settings.

No offense, but this sim has a very user friendly and expansive interface, figure that out first before you mess with config files.

I have been using this sim for years with all manner of hardware and have never experienced the problems you are describing. 99% of the adjustments you will ever need can be made without ever messing with LUA settings.

I am not trying to downplay your issue. Usually there are simple solutions to try prior to exhorting to config changes that can sometimes only make things worse.

Edited by mjolner