Toggling Snap Views

pwrmx24

I'm having trouble getting my snap view commands the way I want.

As it stands now if I want to input data on a control panel using snap view, I have to RCTRL+NUM0 then NUMn. I'd like to eliminate the RCTRL+NUM0 step somehow.

I'd like to be able to press NUMn (where n=1-9) and go to a snap view...and STAY there until I select another view. Pressing RCTR+NUM0 does get the toggle initially but once you leave that view the toggle goes off....so that the next time you press a snap view it's only momentary.

Could I do set it up to do something like this:

Press NUMn (n=1-9): A snap view that's not toggled..e.g. once you release the NUMn key it goes back to the previous view.

Press LWin+NUMn (n=1-9): a snap view that stays there to do panel clicks, then press some button...maybe NUM5 or NUM0 to get back to regular/previous view.

Thanks.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

It just seems to me that you have to get into Cockpit view mode (Toggle Cockpit View - Default is by pressing Ctrl+NUM0) then you can select the cockpit view you want. Then you have to exit (toggle out of) cockpit view. If I clear RCTL+Num and put in say NUM2 for the toggle....then all NUM2 will do is toggle to cockpit view, which is centered looking forward. Then I can't use Num2 for selecting another view.

It just seems like the only way to get in and out of a frozen view of a cockpit panel is by pressing doing three actions.

• Like 1

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

BuzzU

When you clear off RCtrl+Num and put the Num it doesn't change the fact that when you press the Num key it goes to the snap view only as long as you have the key depressed. I trying to get it so I can press one key, it goes to the view and stays there. even if i release the key.

There's a LUA file to modify changing snap view behavior, don't remember well, seems "stop use snap view", so they became fixed views.

There's a penalty, you can't change back for previous view when select one snap view, the workaround I find for this was use other snap view looking front to "reset".

I have posted this in other forum, but the place are "kaput" now.

If your "control panel" use ON-OFF (latch) switch, assign that switch for this snap view, the button remain pressed until you move the switch for OFF.

Or use a external key map with function "toggle ON/OFF" for momentary (press) buttons e.g. Joy2Key. Then press the button once for change for that snap view, press again for change back.