The Rookie Thread

I'm trying to get good at locking targets, and maneuvering close to the ground. I bought a Saitek x52 pro that was defective, but the throttle handle worked. Got to try a little of this last night and it was a lot better than in this vid because of the hat switch I could control the Shkval a lot better. In this vid I was just using a thrustmaster 16000 stick by itself. Trying to master those low alt high speed braking turns. Don't know what they are actually called.

But this chopper is freaking amazing. Only thing is in campaign I get shot down so easy by small arms, I'm just forced to auto hover from a far distance and snipe targets.

Liking these sims though, they all feel great so far and the details and cockpit functionality with all the switches ect, make this fun and challenging. I actually have to study up on these aircraft just like the real thing. Spent 2 days just watching tutorials and operations manuals. I wonder how close to the real thing this is.

You will discover that a lot more than just small arms will shoot you down if you get that close to it like you do with those harmless trucks. :o)

But it is a great way to get a good feeling for the helo and it's capabilities in terms of maneuverability.

About how close to the real thing this sim is - common believe here is that it is pretty close, like 90% or so. But you have to keep in mind that the Ka-50 is more of a prototype of which only one or two hand full actually exist in reality. And there are not two that are exactly the same. But what is simulated should be really spot on - only a few systems are not modelled (i.e. IFF).

More flying on the deck. This is fun :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4oPWzI5vmc

I was thinking about getting the huey but I wanna master this bird first. The heads up display +center seated, is better to orient with for me. And this thing turns on a dime. Can follow windy roads at high speeds. and brake 180 turns quick.

edit fixed. cant put freaking music in you tube vids.

Edited by Baasar

More flying on the deck. This is fun :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4oPWzI5vmc

I was thinking about getting the huey but I wanna master this bird first. The heads up display +center seated, is better to orient with for me. And this thing turns on a dime. Can follow windy roads at high speeds. and brake 180 turns quick.

edit fixed. cant put freaking music in you tube vids.

:thumbup:

The other perspective:

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know if the illumination rockets currently work ?

They are parachute flares right ? Tried firing it up into the air and into the ground.... no joy on the lights.

Is there anything I missed ?

Maybe you mixed up smoke with illum rockets? :o)

Fire S-8OM into the air and they will activated after ... 6?...10? seconds - about 5-6? km ahead of you. They burn for, iirc, only 30 seconds, though.

I decided to record my first attempt in the Ka50, going in cold without having read or watched any instruction.

You can skip the last few minutes as that's just me trying to find out how to turn off the engines by looking over the cockpit with the mouse. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

The best angle to launch anything for highest range that will end up in a ballistic flight path is 45°, right in the middle between 0° and 90°.

Beat Newton if you still fail :smartass:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

So TO MANAGE the ka-50 I have to handle the collective?

Where to put it in my X-52 pro?

I started the ka-50 yesterday.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Hello,

So TO MANAGE the ka-50 I have to handle the collective?

Where to put it in my X-52 pro?

I started the ka-50 yesterday.

Do you see this big throttle like thing which is connected to your X-52 Pro stick with a cable and looks like this.

ThrottleWeb_1170385497.jpg

THAT!!!! is your Collective :)

If you are now Confused where to put the Throttle. You dont need the Throttle. Picture Up/Picture down Keys are the throttle and it has 4 Positions.

1 Idle

2 Running

3 Flying

4 Emergency

so after the engines are running in idle you have to press Picture Up twice for flying.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I see what u are saying thank you. :)

Now i have to deal with collective when in air its hard!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

• 1 month later...

I just bought BS2 on sale on Steam today, and while I knew it was going to

be someone complicated with a learning curve, Its so much more than I have

ever imagined.

I can start it up and get it up in the air, but its going to take a long time

to learn the systems. Im grateful for the training interactive videos

and other help.

Thank You for starting this forum, I know I will be back !