ED Forums - View Single Post - Experienced BF-109 pilots - help needed - right roll level flight
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #47
LeCuvier

Default Flying the Bf-109 hands-free?

I said earlier that I can fly the Bf-109 hands-free. I need to add something to make that a fully true statement. Because today I tried some different ground trim settings and I could not fly hands-free. The problem was not rolling however: the beast kept raising its nose even with elevators trimmed fully nose-down. This was embarrassing because I had said I can fly hands-free.
And then I realized that I was flying with my native Mongoos T-50 stick, while earlier I had my TM WH grip in the T-50 base. So I quickly swapped grips again and flew with the TM WH grip in the T-50 base. And yes, I could fly hands-free again. This is because the TM WH grip is much heavier than the T-50 grip and makes the stick lean slightly forward (if the spring is not too tight), shifting the neutral position slightly forward. This makes it possible to trim the Bf-109 for level flight.
Even if some people criticise me for an unrealistic set-up - I love it!
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote