MI-8 and Helios !!!

Hello all !

This week i was playing around width the posibilities of a MI-8 helios profile, and i reach at this point : Using the FC interface i manage to export everything from DCS to Helios... Switches, lamps, instruments! and for the first time i manage to syncronice everything !

In other words, if you click in the cockpit, Helios syncronice their switch and viceversa. The same features you get width the ka50 or a10C interfaces.

I show you the three panels i am working at the moment...Everything is working and syncronized.

Hope you like !

Ah, yes, i know, i need to finish the su27 one !

teA8E8s.jpg

main Pilot panel

EP9ubBH.jpg

Running a lamp test in the cockpit

giMbDRG.jpg

Starting engines from upper panel

UPDATED: New screenshots below!

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1

:worthy::worthy:

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Has the WCP and the RWR issues with your F15 profile ever been resolved so that they can be shown on your profile? Will you be syncing the F15?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Has the WCP and the RWR issues with your F15 profile ever been resolved so that they can be shown on your profile? Will you be syncing the F15?

Hello Sobe.

They were not implemented (WCP and RWR) when i did the profiles. I just made the holes to put external tool behind it.

Right now, and after working on the su27 , i got all the information i need to do the WCP very easy.

The RWR is another thing, I got all the data to create it, ( like de beryoza) but the representation is something i cant do in Helios, so is needed another tool to create it.

I know some people work on it, some time ago, but dont know if they finish it.

In my plans are redo all the old profiles width the new implementations, but need to finish somethings before.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

I little update on the MI-8 progress, Version 0.7:

Everything you see here is working!, instruments, lights, switches etc, syncronized in boths sides, from helios and from the cockpit.

All the panels are compacted so you can arrange later the position of each one, to adapt to diferent monitor configurations.

Hope you like it :

teA8E8s.jpg

crLFHFr.jpg

jxOT92I.jpg

rfaJ2hQ.jpg

3lRIeHY.jpg

RlWeGh5.jpg

M9z1lPK.jpg

UPz1wTT.jpg

Edited by Capt Zeen

Hi all,

I am rather new to DCS and I fly mainly the Mi-8.

Thank you for your work Capt Zeen.

If I understand well, HELIOS is an utility that allows the display of 2 cockpit views at the same time.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Hi all,

I am rather new to DCS and I fly mainly the Mi-8.

Thank you for your work Capt Zeen.

If I understand well, HELIOS is an utility that allows the display of 2 cockpit views at the same time.

Hi Simicro,

Helios is an app developed by Gadroc to port instruments, buttons switches etc from the clickable cockpit in DCS to a separate screen or screens, enabling you to have a fixed view of cockpit instruments. With a touch sensitive screen, the switches become switchable by touch. Its great! With a multi-screen set up, you can surround yourself with the relevant cockpit panels.

Combined with headtracker like Trackir and a Hotas system, it starts to get very immersive....

Yours

Molevitch

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Oh man, yet again I have to say how awesome you are Thanks for your continuing contributions to our community.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Molevitch,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

Very clear, I get it.

I don't have a second screen. I will see if HELIOS can run on an iPad.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 2 weeks later...

Captain,

Congrats on your latest project - absolutely friggin' awesome!

I am in total awe of your work. You have brought so much to so many of us - well done :)

I went straight over to ED and bought this module simply because you've made this profile available.

Edited by slicker55

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Yes! i got version 1.0 of the profile ! Everything is working, all switches, instruments and lamps (Thanks to [FSF]Ian for the help in UV26 digits and MyG for his help in the breakers switches)

Now the question:

Make sense wait a couple of days and implement all the new features promissed in the new beta 1.5, before publishing?

I got all the art and mechanics ready, only need the data from the new switches and instruments.

Edited by Capt Zeen

Capt Z

Are you waiting until DCS 1.5 to update the F15 and finish your SU-27 profile?

I am curios as to whether 1.5 (or even 2.0) will break Helios now that Gadroc is no longer updating Helios. If so, that is going to be a major pain.

Thanks for all of your work to date.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Capt Z,

Fantastic work on the MI-8 Helios Profile. It has revolutionised my enjoyment of this already good Heli sim. Now I have great controls of the weapons and everything else. Just brilliant!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

M

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Thank You Capt.Zeen for yet another wonderful profile! It works like a charm!

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.