C-101 update

Vibora

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. Every once in a while I fire up this bird, taxi out, and take off. Then remember that it flies on rails and put it back in hangar. Ready for a good update.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

On rails? I know it's sfm but I managed to put it into a spin and recover it that didn't feel scripted.
The underlying issue is, if I learn the plane now, I need to re-learn it with the EFM... So the EFM release (which is a bit overdue) is the major blocking point.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

At least the module is in better shape than the Hawk. We'll give them that. :music_whistling: :D
Might be like comparing apples and oranges. I think a lot of the Hawk's problems are due to the EFM, aren't they? I hope AvioDev doesn't run into the same issues. That's why I don't mind too much if they take their time with it.

Might be like comparing apples and oranges. I think a lot of the Hawk's problems are due to the EFM, aren't they? I hope AvioDev doesn't run into the same issues.

...and at least the Hawk has an EFM and ASM, modeling a very detailed hydraulics system etc. it's a pity they ran into so much problems.

I had initially hoped for both trainers to get into a "release" state a couple years ago, and after the L-39C brought MP Dual Cockpit I was like "what a game changer".

I still hope for both the C-101 and Hawk to see the day where everything is in place and only minor bugs remain.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Is there a problem with the Brakes in C-101? I keyed them to my pedals (Axis) and they don't seem to work. Is there a setting somewhere I need to address?

Bonz

They don't have an EFM, yet. As far as I know one of the disadvantages of the SFM is you can't have break axis, only buttons assigned.

Shagrat

They don't have an EFM, yet. As far as I know one of the disadvantages of the SFM is you can't have break axis, only buttons assigned.

Negative. C-101 uses SFM for now, but you can assign brakes to axes and have differential braking.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Cool. Gonna stop taxiing with the rudder / nosewheel now. :)

Wait. Nosewheel steering is still controlled just by rudder, that means it will skid when using differential braking, but yes, you will be able to taxi just with brakes. With AFM (or EFM as you want to call it, or rather according to ED standards), C-101 nosewheel will, of course, turn once you apply differential braking as it's a castering wheel.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Wait. Nosewheel steering is still controlled just by rudder, that means it will skid when using differential braking, but yes, you will be able to taxi just with brakes. With AFM (or EFM as you want to call it, or rather according to ED standards), C-101 nosewheel will, of course, turn once you apply differential braking as it's a castering wheel.
roger that

OK... I have my brakes set up via Axis. They don't work to any noticeable extent. I have two rigs one uses CH Product Rudders and the other uses TM Warthog rudders... both barely make the brakes function. no noticeable effect.

Bonz...

Negative. C-101 uses SFM for now, but you can assign brakes to axes and have differential braking.
That is a nice advance. Need to check that.

Btw. a common "issue" with brake axis in general is the direction of the axis.

Depending on the hardware you may test to invert the axis, set it as a slider first and if you have jittery potentiometers it helps to define a small deadzone at the brake released end of the axis.

Shagrat

Hmm, if it is a caster and differential brakes (left and right) like with the Hawk you won't have any effect when using the rudder. If it is a single brake-axis where the rudder adjusts the pressure distribution to the cylinders (like in the L-39C or MiG-21) you need the rudder and the brake-axis in parallel for changing direction.

Shagrat