SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

So, i tried the files Andre uploaded and it still doesn't seem to have an effect. I even boosted them in Audacity a bit more and nothing. I am using Aura bass shaker, maybe this frequency cannot be made with them. I suppose I can copy another file and replace it with another frequency...

I am the one who made those posts on the speedbrake files. I also have two 50 watt Aura bass shakers ( as I mentioned in my posts), and I can now feel the speedbrakes with the custom files that Andre provided. I am using a Dayton Audio 200 watt bass shaker stereo amp.

Do you have your amp turned up high enough? Also, have you increased the speedbrake "Effects" to 100% in SSA?

So, i tried the files Andre uploaded and it still doesn't seem to have an effect. I even boosted them in Audacity a bit more and nothing. I am using Aura bass shaker, maybe this frequency cannot be made with them. I suppose I can copy another file and replace it with another frequency...

May I see a good quality screenshot of your SimShaker Sound Module settings?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am using Aura bass shaker, maybe this frequency cannot be made with them.

The files I uploaded were for 2 channels setup. I you use only 1 bass-shaker you need to convert them into 1 channel (mono) files and put them into Customized\1 folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May I see a good quality screenshot of your SimShaker Sound Module settings?

See attached file. I tried changing my regular sound output to the shaker, and playing the file directly and it does seem to work (I can feel it). Not sure why it's not working in game. I will try using the debug window and see if anything interesting comes up.

Untitled.thumb.png.61e4da98b78ab4670fb66195e30c7092.png

Thank you. But I can see neither SSA settings for Speed Brake effect nor any customized files in SimShaker Sound Module for that. Are we still talking about Speed Brake effect missing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please send me your actual activation string from the SimShaker Sound Module registration tab as text so I could generate the key for you.

Failed what? Failed to copy?

Hi Andre, have emailed it to you. it failed to activate.

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

OK! I replaced the speed brake and gear turbulence sound with the high RPM engine sound, and the effect is perfect! Not sure why, but this feels very natural with my setup. Very happy! Wow! This is such an amazing mod. Probably the most fun thing I have done so far with DCS once it is all dialed in. Thanks for your help!

So it looks like it is the flaps doing weird things when the plane starts up. Also, there are some large jolts everytime I start a mission, hot or cold, any plane. Is it possible to have everything suppressed for the first 10 seconds of mission start? Is this a feature request for SSA?

Would it be possible to add a short, but big shake sample on the Catapult Shoot (FA-18, etc..) before the current hp_10_0_B.wav sample. So you get a big shake and then the hp_10_0_B.wav?

I see no way for me to customize this myself since the hp_10_0_B.wav seems to just repeat for the entire launch sequence.

A big shake like the p_2_7_8_N.wav (Landing Gear - Nose) would be perfect IMO. I don't now how you program the Cat Shoot. Maybe you can make 1 new sample by merging p_2_7_8_N.wav + hp_10_0_B.wav?

I have been away from DCS for a few months, so I don't know if the Carrier Trap effect would benefit from this also?

Thanks!

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Also, I have been testing the 'Ground Roll' and Ground Bumps with the FA-18c, and the Ground Roll produces no effect. I turned everything else off(unchecked). And set Ground Roll to 100, but still no vibration.

I believe the file it uses is hp_4_0_4.wav(Runway/Taxiway Rolling file), and when I test that I do get the effect very well at 50%. So that is strange.. :dunno:

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Also, I have been testing the 'Ground Roll' and Ground Bumps with the FA-18c, and the Ground Roll produces no effect. I turned everything else off(unchecked). And set Ground Roll to 100, but still no vibration.

I believe the file it uses is hp_4_0_4.wav(Runway/Taxiway Rolling file), and when I test that I do get the effect very well at 50%. So that is strange.. :dunno:

Thanks!

Looks like it's not being called out from SSA. What you can see in the log?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm... wel I just tested it again with all other effects off and it worked. I don't know why it wouldn't work yesterday.

I have had some strange problems with SSA since I got it. One is that sometimes, the ground roll/bumps continue after takeoff. And another is when I pause the game, or even exit the game, one or more effects continue to shake. That happens about 1/4 of the time. And yesterday, After I had exited DCS and SSA closed all it's windows, it did stop shaking. But 10 minutes later I noticed my CPU was running at 100%. When I looked, I found that it was Simshaker. I exited SS and the cpu dropped back down to 10%.

I have not seen others post these types of issues, so I tend to think it's my pc? IDK

Hi f4l0,

I tried the soundmodule with my external USB soundcard. In the ASIO4ALL panel the USB card is highlighted. If I start the Sound Module however, I get a notification saying: 'NaudioPlaybackEngine: please check if required ASIO driver is presented' Closing and restarting the ASIO4ALL panel (with the Sound Module window still open) the USB card in the ASIO window gets crossed out.

In that case ASIO recommends you to check if the soundcard is not used by another program (which I think is not the case) and disable 'Microsoft GS-Wavetable (I did). Still the same message in the Sound Module however.

I also tried deleting and reinstalling ASIO (2.13) with the Sound Module still running. However, hitting the reinstall button (to version 2.14 of ASIO4ALL) I get an error saying "error opening file for

writing: Program Files (x86)\ASIO4ALL v2\asio4all.dll. Closing the Sound Module and retrying the installation then works. Same thing when watching a youtube clip. Switching the sound from my realtek speakers to the USB card and amp.

with the Sound Module still open, I get an error message on the youtube window. So it appears that the Sound Module is using the asio4all.dll driver afterall.

Maybe I should buy another internal (this time) soundcard, that ASUS Xonar? Ext. USB one I have now is a startech one.

I have no idea what's wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi guys, hoping you can help.

I am running into a problem I have never seen before. Usually Simshaker opens automatically when my computer starts. Now I am getting this error and it won't open. "Cannot Start Application. Application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assitance."

I attached the details log it generated.

I don't know if a windows update jammed this up or what. It was working flawlessly during my last session.

Thanks, Jason

K130ZZ0X.log

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Hi f4l0,

I tried the soundmodule with my external USB soundcard. In the ASIO4ALL panel the USB card is highlighted. If I start the Sound Module however, I get a notification saying: 'NaudioPlaybackEngine: please check if required ASIO driver is presented' Closing and restarting the ASIO4ALL panel (with the Sound Module window still open) the USB card in the ASIO window gets crossed out.

In that case ASIO recommends you to check if the soundcard is not used by another program (which I think is not the case) and disable 'Microsoft GS-Wavetable (I did). Still the same message in the Sound Module however.

I also tried deleting and reinstalling ASIO (2.13) with the Sound Module still running. However, hitting the reinstall button (to version 2.14 of ASIO4ALL) I get an error saying "error opening file for

writing: Program Files (x86)\ASIO4ALL v2\asio4all.dll. Closing the Sound Module and retrying the installation then works. Same thing when watching a youtube clip. Switching the sound from my realtek speakers to the USB card and amp.

with the Sound Module still open, I get an error message on the youtube window. So it appears that the Sound Module is using the asio4all.dll driver afterall.

Maybe I should buy another internal (this time) soundcard, that ASUS Xonar? Ext. USB one I have now is a startech one.

I have no idea what's wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm not the developer of the SoundModule, Andre is. Maybe he has an idea...

Hi guys, hoping you can help.

I am running into a problem I have never seen before. Usually Simshaker opens automatically when my computer starts. Now I am getting this error and it won't open. "Cannot Start Application. Application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assitance."

I attached the details log it generated.

I don't know if a windows update jammed this up or what. It was working flawlessly during my last session.

Thanks, Jason

Hmm, looks something is really wrong. But on a first glance, I've no idea :-(

You could try the new beta which uses a classic installer an see if it works:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc

For unknown reasons, I now get this error message everytime I start SimSkaker for Aviators. No vibration effects anymore.

The error message relates to the SimShaker Sound Module. Up to now every thing has been working fine.

Using an external dedicated USB sound module with 2 Aurasound bass shakers.

Any suggestions?

961887524_SSSMErrorMessage.jpg.05b86ca173dbd3ce300fe577e496df28.jpg

Edited by Bob1943

Thanks f4IO...that fixed it

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

For unknown reasons, I now get this error message everytime I start SimSkaker for Aviators. No vibration effects anymore.

The error message relates to the SimShaker Sound Module. Up to now every thing has been working fine.

Using an external dedicated USB sound module with 2 Aurasound bass shakers.

Any suggestions?

Looks like an issue with you .net installation. Which .net versions do have installed? Which Windows version do you use?