Viper AGM-65 basics

Rapti

If that's true then only designating (HUD in VIS or FCR/TGP in PRE) which automatically moves SOI enables MLE. BORE doesn't have a postdesignate condition because there's no such thing as designating in BORE.

That's my impression of how it works from the F-16CJ-34 manual.

Since BORE does not create a designated point and will not move SPI, no sensors will be pointing in the correct area to offer ranging information. The -34 also mentions that in both PRE and VIS mode if the Maverick seeker is manually slewed away from the designated point, ranging will continue to use the designated point for the MLE.

For OB Only, no?

At first, yes. Just like every other new feature/function/module...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Does anybody know how many maverick will be carried under the inner pylon? 2 or 3? and how many pylons will carry mavericks?

Triplets can be carried on stations just outboard of the external tanks, singles on the pylons inboard of the wingtips.

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Triplets can be carried on stations just outboard of the external tanks, singles on the pylons inboard of the wingtips.

AGM-65 Mavericks (both LAU-88 Triple rack and the LAU-117 single launcher) can only be carrier on stations 3 and 7, not on the most inboard or most outboard wing pylons or on the wingtips

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]