Introducing the new Logitech X56 HOTAS

LOGIRich

Seem to be a good news. I was desperately looking for a first HOTAS to start with DCS and this update comes at the right moment. I will wait for the first reviews to see the differences with the previous model.

I also hope that Logitech will consider selling the throttle separately. VKB and VPC are going to release their throttle but it will be expensive (300-350 plus) and there are people want to mix a x56 thottle with a better stick.

Mine is the old blue one. Glad you guys are fixing it. I have ghost button presses pretty much constantly. I really like the layout but quality was severely lacking.

I solved my problem of ghost buttons presses by getting me a separate, powered USB hub. And plugging my X-56 joystick (throttle and stick) only in that hub. The moment I plugged any other USB device (e.g. USB G-35 headphones) in the same hub the ghost buttons presses reoccurred.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If a FFB stick is made again I really hope that Logi LEARN from the farce that was the G940. Cheap pots that they tried to mask with software and wires too short in the throttle arms.

From a Logitech fangurl I have brought Logitech stuff for years [my old blu G15 stll works grat from bran new after all these years] but the G940 was a vry big disappointment... the rudder pedals have lasted the longest so far.

So make some great high end pedals :pilotfly:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Logitech has a long way to go to regain any trust in them from me after the G940 and the total lack of support after it turned out to be a lemon. These baby steps are a little encouraging, however I will wait to see if they can follow through with real support for their products.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Still zero word about sensors , x-55 Throttle was ruined because cheap pots :/

I bet that continue using the same pot's of previous model, only X and Y axes (of X-55, X-56) use HALL sensor. AFAIK the same Melexis 3D 90333 used in T.1600M and Warthog.

Pot's cost too cheap for joystick industry for they think in stop use, VKB say that in batch joy pot cost less than $ 0.10 (each). :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

+1 for selling the stick/throttle separately (I use the X55 throttle and like it). If this was an entry level HOTAS I'd understand, but at US$250 it's not and therefore makes little sense not having the option to buy the pieces individually. With the possible exception of the warthog, the odds of the same manufacturer making an individuals favorite stick and favorite throttle are low, so you're losing sales because a lot of customers (particularly the ones on this forum) won't pay for both knowing one of the two components would end up either gathering dust or having to go through the hassle of eBaying it (where I got mine). When my current X55 throttle dies I'd like the opportunity to replace it with a new one, only.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

@tom_vn The text on the site is actually referring to the fact that they also feature a press-down button but yes, you can use the software to band the axes and then program those bands with keystrokes.

Thanks for all the other responses in this thread. If anything happens regarding a separate throttle and stick then I'll let you know, but it's unlikely to be in the short term.

@tom_vn The text on the site is actually referring to the fact that they also feature a press-down button but yes, you can use the software to band the axes and then program those bands with keystrokes.

Thanks for all the other responses in this thread. If anything happens regarding a separate throttle and stick then I'll let you know, but it's unlikely to be in the short term.

Before you go, please tell us about sensors in Throttle .. are there potentiometers or hall sensors ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, and thank you for being here. I'm very glad for this honestly.

I have Saitek products all the time, and unlike some friends, I've always been pleased about them. No failure, no break.

But, I have X-55 currently and I realize that if I leave throttle in mid-front position, throttle moves forward to the end, very very but very slowly! If I'm in a helicopter, aircraft loose height. If I'm in a jet, I find my A/C's engine RPM is increasing!

With new X-56, is this problem fixed in anyway? Do you observe this issue on your new throttles?

Last thing: Do you have any plan about making an extension pipe between base and stick? Sorry if asked before. :)

Thanks.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I have Saitek products all the time, and unlike some friends, I've always been pleased about them. No failure, no break.

But, I have X-55 currently and I realize that if I leave throttle in mid-front position, throttle moves forward to the end, very very but very slowly! If I'm in a helicopter, aircraft loose height. If I'm in a jet, I find my A/C's engine RPM is increasing!

With new X-56, is this problem fixed in anyway? Do you observe this issue on your new throttles?

Last thing: Do you have any plan about making an extension pipe between base and stick? Sorry if asked before. :)

Thanks.

There is still (cheap) pots in Throttle axis so it will turn to crap sooner or later. Cant avoid it with pots :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks.

If you leave the throttle in that position and use something like DXTweak 2 to look at the throttle axis, do you see the values changing? If so then the pot could probably do with a clean. Pots are a lot more reliable than people might believe but eventually they can get to a point where they need some maintenance - some contact cleaner will clear that up usually.

For the extension pipe that's probably unlikely I'm afraid, due to the extra forces that it would apply to the gimbal - something the current mechanism was not designed for.

What to do? What to do? All three of my G940s failed. The last just recently. In fact I gave away the stick and throttle new-in-box to a friend just recently who is more skilled than me at keeping these things going. I’ve gone through two Saitek Pro Peddals in three years. My cheap Thrustmaster T-Flight peddals were trash within a month as were TM’s replacement. My ancient CH HOTAS gave her last in December. I now have a very expensive set of pedals shipping from Europe soon. But still no stick or throttle. Should I roll the dice as I have so often regretted? What to do? What to do?

Smokin Hole I would suggest anything with metal internals. I have no issues with my TM setup but in the long run it will give out faster than a VKB or other. The problem I personally have is the TM setup is what I want cosmetically, the others are just plain ugly.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Rudder pedals have been my biggest frustration. Perhaps I am a little too rough? Or maybe my house takes occasional EMP hits that fry my electronics from time to time. My hopes are high for the Crosswind pedals that are inbound. The CH setup was the cheapest, most "plasticky" I have owned since the x52 and it performed well for three years until a couple of pots began to heavily spike (cleaning didn't help). The old x52 also performed well for about the same time period. The boutique sticks and throttles worry me. I don't question the quality of construction. I just fear the lack of future support. We have already seen long development delays and delivery schedules with at least one company going belly-up after taking orders. The same concerns apply to the pedals. But they are just three axes with no buttons and my mechanical aptitude is decent enough to keep them going through most failures that aren't structural.

Given my history with dozens of controllers, if a plastic rig works 100% on delivery and lasts three years with nothing more than occasional pot cleanings, I will be content. I guess I have answered my question.:)

There is still (cheap) pots in Throttle axis so it will turn to crap sooner or later. Cant avoid it with pots :)

If you leave the throttle in that position and use something like DXTweak 2 to look at the throttle axis, do you see the values changing? If so then the pot could probably do with a clean.

I presume that the OP was saying that the throttle handle is not staying in place, but is physically inching slowly forward due to its weight (something I can attest to with the X65, but its grip is metal so its rather heavy).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is considering this setup I have a couple of things to say:

1) After two weeks, I consider it to be the most precise and comfortable setup I have ever used. 2) I was ready to throw it out the window after two days.

Number 2 was because I kept getting random ghost button presses from the throttle. Every button that I was using would occasionally activate. This seems to have been resolved by using a powered USB hub.

From lack of response from logi_rich I’m assuming that it’s not possible to swap out an early model x-56 for the new model that they say is better.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

@BlacleyCole If there is an fault with the X56 that you have then support will attempt to address that. If they can't fix it then they would likely issue an RMA, in which case the replacement would be a new one.

If there's no fault then there's no reason to swap.

What if it’s out of warranty over a year old mine was a prerelease purchase that arrived on the release date if I recall correctly. With the aqusation of saitek by Logitech there was no way to send it. I will dig it out of dead controller zone and contact your tech support.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

LOGIRich - I am in the market for a new HOTAS. Can you tell everyone what the support and setup is like for running DCS Games? Do any prefered install procedures or settings from your labs exist for the X56. The G940 had all kinds of setup things to do in the DCS Game console.

Has the process improved? What is it like? Do you have information that would help a first timer or veteran setup the system for Black Shark? Flaming Cliffs? DCS World? This would include but not limited to Game profiles/ DCS Game Settings for each aircraft...ETC. There are some you tube videos about setting up the G940 to work right with different aircraft that was very time consuming and detailed. Its 2018...how has that process improved? Can you tell us or demonstrate it please. Thank you.

I've had the new Gray X-56 for 2 weeks now. I've flown airplanes & helis with it for app. 20hrs (AV8B, AJS37, A10C, M2K, F5, UH1, Mi8, Mig15, F86, FW190,). I got the stick coz I wanted the twist & the 2 thumb-rotary's, that was a must for me.

Here's my mini review:

Stick:

Pros: Very good precision in roll/pitch, no dead-zones needed. Twist re-centers Ok. + for the mini-stick with push-down button. 4 tension springs.

All buttons are reachable beside 2, without shifting position of my hand.

Cons: Stick ergonomics aren't perfect. Hard to reach the upmost 4-way hat & right side button (all other buttons are reachable). No 2 stage trigger. Twist for rudder is little to hard for heli flying.

Throttle:

Pros: Very good ergonomics, all buttons reachable. Big & sturdy, many buttons & sliders/knobs. Throttle hardness friction went away after a few days. Easy to split throttles. Good precision.

Cons: Lower thumb rotary is a little harder to move then the upper. The 2 4-way hats on the right side aren't ideally placed, should have been placed in front.

I'm very happy with my X-56 :thumbup:. It's no perfect HOTAS but it does it's job quite good. For that price-range it's worth it! You can fly the A10C, M2K, AV8B without any major issues;).

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

What if it’s out of warranty over a year old mine was a prerelease purchase that arrived on the release date if I recall correctly. With the aqusation of saitek by Logitech there was no way to send it. I will dig it out of dead controller zone and contact your tech support.

There's a 2 year warranty so provided you still have the proof of purchase you should be good. What's the fault, by the way?

LOGIRich - I am in the market for a new HOTAS. Can you tell everyone what the support and setup is like for running DCS Games? Do any prefered install procedures or settings from your labs exist for the X56. The G940 had all kinds of setup things to do in the DCS Game console.

There's no special requirement for setting the X56 up in DCS. Configure it in the control options of DCS and away you go.

How much time you spend subsequently going back in and tweaking assignments etc. is entirely up to you :thumbup: