VSN flyable aircraft mods

please uninstall all mods and reinstall the VSN mods.

My airplanes work offline and online.

@daemon1808

Didn't you see the su-27?

change the following lods files with Notepad++

VSN_TornVSN_Tornado\Shape\Cockpit_VSN_TornadoGR4.lods

and

VSN_TornVSN_Tornado\Shape\Cockpit_VSN_TornadoIDS.lods

{"Cockpit_SU-27.edm",20000.000000},

too

{"Cockpit_SU-33.edm",20000.000000},

o ive never "installed them " as such all ive ever done is simply place the folder of each vsn plane into the aircraft folder inside mods folder c/user/saved games/dcs/MODS/aircraft

so i removed them and changed the tornado file as mentioned i then put the planes back into yh aircrafts folder now they work offline but online game just hangs as before

so either your installing them differently than i am or im missing something

would appreciate enlightenment as to how yours are working plz

thx in advance

please uninstall all mods and reinstall the VSN mods.

My airplanes work offline and online.

@daemon1808

Didn't you see the su-27?

change the following lods files with Notepad++

VSN_TornVSN_Tornado\Shape\Cockpit_VSN_TornadoGR4.lods

and

VSN_TornVSN_Tornado\Shape\Cockpit_VSN_TornadoIDS.lods

{"Cockpit_SU-27.edm",20000.000000},

too

{"Cockpit_SU-33.edm",20000.000000},

First of all, thank you for your support @cdpkobra. Really appreciate!

Nop, I never purchased the Su-27 (only a-10a, f-15 and su-33), but in fack before the DCS upgrade I had changed the .lods files to the cockpit SU-33.. and it worked then.

Now after the DCS upgrade It doesn't work anymore. Even I tried to use the a-10a cockpit (throught the "(z optional) A-10A-Avionik.cmd" file) and fails to get the plane flyable.

And, as @JFCshloss said, I haven't installed them. Just decompresed manually the files into the c:/user/savedgames/.... folder. (but this worked in the past)

Just to be sure: this is the direct link to the last version of the mod? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z38jlgy34by4o9v/AABEjT1crgtzInnTlKuM9dQta?dl=0&preview=VSN_Tornado+v2.5.5.01.zip

o ive never "installed them " as such all ive ever done is simply place the folder of each vsn plane into the aircraft folder inside mods folder c/user/saved games/dcs/MODS/aircraft

so i removed them and changed the tornado file as mentioned i then put the planes back into yh aircrafts folder now they work offline but online game just hangs as before

you have FC3, you don't have to adjust any files.

unzip zip file in aircraft folder

the folder structure must look like this

anleitung01e1jli.jpg

Example F-14B

anleitung02qhjko.jpg

Nop, I never purchased the Su-27 (only a-10a, f-15 and su-33), but in fack before the DCS upgrade I had changed the .lods files to the cockpit SU-33.. and it worked then.

:thumbup:

give it a try

Delete all mods and just "VSN_Tornado"

copy the following files

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-15C\bin

(F-15C folder can also be named differently)

into the Tornado/bin folder.

:thumbup:

give it a try

Delete all mods and just "VSN_Tornado"

copy the following files

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-15C\bin

(F-15C folder can also be named differently)

into the Tornado/bin folder.

Nothing again. Same issue as before: I can add the aircraft in the mission editor, I can select player pilot, but when I jump into the mission, it is not flyable.

Maybe this behavior only happens in Steam version.

Maybe I am wrong but... I was expecting *.dll files in the f-15c bin folder (I think I have access this folder before and found standard dlls) and I have found F15.dll.crypt. What a weird extension!... maybe this has been changed?

Nevertheless I have change the extension for the copy/paste files, but same problem.

:cry:

just to clarify when i run the game in online mode and select ay stock or bought plane and th emod a4c the game is using aorund 3,400,000 kbs

+ _ 1-300 and can fly them no wories but whe i select a vsn plane like tornado for example the game hangs so i hit alt del ctrl and compare game useage its at 4,230,000 and climbing steadily till game hasd to be shut down via task manager

maybe try:

.delete the bin folder from the tornado

.copy the whole bin folder from the F-15

.and paste it in folder from the Tornado

Nothing again. It is a pity but it seems that, at one point, one particular dcs release has broken all the vsn (at least for me)

Some of them are not flyable, others are flyable but F2 view does't work and the cockpit is invisible (but the hud symbols remains)

Have you ever considered, that it might be a DCS bug and not the mod? If it works in singleplayer, and does not in multiplayer, and you've tried every possible solution, there is no other way around. Just get over it.

I know it may sound a bit harsh, but this is software. Through all these years I've learned to accept that sometimes, something might not work as intended or at all. For your own health, I advise to do the same.

BTW, it hang up indeed, but when I alt tabbed and came back I was able to proceed, click "Fly" and I was in the plane. Tested in singleplayer and multiplayer. I have full FC3 package, not single planes.

=OPS=Slider1709, i would agree with you mate except for one thing, someone above several posts states his is working both on and offline this is why im persisting in trying to find a fix lol

yer i got fc3 also

but i havent tried the alt tab thing and come back so ill give that a go

nahh didnt work

so set up multiplayer selected plane did alt tab hit briefing and it doesnt even get to the fly tab just hangs and ctrl alt del to get task manager up its starting at 3mil of k of useage and after a ferw ins is up at 4 mil and steadily climbing

cpu at 3% virtual memory at 91%

I did it this way. 1st I selected a plane AND hit "Briefiing" right after that, THEN alt tabbed. While I was alt tabbed I was writing my previous post, and meanwhile I noticed that something on my screen flashed, I believe it was my mouse cursor, so I went back to DCS (alt tabbed back in) and I was able to click "Fly" because it loaded. And it didn't take long, really, like 10-15 seconds when I was alt tabbed.

Tbh, I doubt it would make any difference, but I guess you don't have any better option…

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends,

we always used the VSN Tornado mod till last DCS 2.5.5 Open Beta update.

With last DCS update we load the new VSN Tornado 2.5.5.01 as usual but we have two different situation for two users.

The first user have the FC3 module installed and the VSN Tornado 2.5.5.01 work fine.

The second user have the F-15C, SU-27, SU-33 and A-10A single modules installed, but with the new VSN Tornado 2.5.5.01 aren't able to see the cockpit, so the aircraft are not flyable.

Before the last DCS update he could used the old VSN Tornado mods that work fine.

Please someone could you help use to understand which are the difference between the new VSN Tornado 2.5.5.01 and the previous mod version?

We try to check some .lua sintax to find if there are any particular path referred to the FC3 module instead of the single aircraft used by mod, but we aren't confident with the lua.

@JFCshloss for your info, the new mod work fine both in single and multiplayer session. This could be check only by me that I have the FC3 module installed. Please check if the server have the same VSN module instaled.

Thank you very much in advance for everyone can help us about above.

Thank you very much

Francesco

Edited by FRECCIA01
update info

by chance would the f35 and SU47 be getting updated.

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 4.8 GHz |32 GB RAM 3000 MHz C15 | 1080ti | H150i | Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB m2.NVMe | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1 TB

Rift CV1| Rift S| TM Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind pedals | NLR v3 motion platform

Vaicom Pro https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

SimShaker for Aviators https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028&highlight=Simshaker

Point CTRL https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New versions for the DCS World OpenBeta 2.5.5

VSN_F15E+AA v2.5.5.01

VSN_M2000 v2.5.5.01

VSN_Tornado v2.5.5.01

VSN_UFO v2.5.5.01

The following mods do not work anymore in version 2.5.5, the models have to be adapted.

VSN_F35B

VSN_Harrier

VSN_Su47

All other mods still work.

please download the latest mods

Can you resuppy the link please, it's not easy to find. And those I do find seem to be broken.

Thanks