Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

Here is simple as well

Weighting (as with the LHA idea) to create some heavy choppers, like CH-53E Super Stallion, or the Chinook or Maybe the Puma (All under RAZBAM of course..hehe), keep in mind there is no time frame for this, just would like to know what´s your opinion on this subject, since we are very busy as it is with our current projects, but if there is a sparkling interest, we might explore our options

Yes, the CH-53 is my favorite heavy heli. :)

• Like 1

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO the LHA should be FREE if you buy the Harrier, if not, you would have to buy it separately. I would say no more than $19.99.

Agreed!

-----------

Prowler, how complex would the LHA be?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed!

-----------

Prowler, how complex would the LHA be?

The thing is, we can´t tie the Harrier release to a LHA release, it will simply slow things down and add more complexity to an already extremely complex module.

As for how complex it would be, i still can´t say, just scratching the surface here, but i think it should be practical rather than complex (if you catch my drift)

As for pricing, of course it would not be in the same figures as any aircraft

I consider these projects very risky, since there is little to no combat performed by these aircraft, they are basically heavy lifters

Prowler

PS : I forgot to mention the phrog!

Prowler,

I think more now then ever Heavy lift aircraft are needed for DCS, specially with Blue Flag and Open Conflict. The integration of the logistics part in Blue Flag just calls for a heavy lifter. I am a huge Heli fan and would love something else to fly. Maybe like a UH-60..... :smilewink::music_whistling:

• Like 1

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^ Man, a CH-53E would be so nice :)

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As soon as you are done with either an Apache or a Cobra with a co-op pit you can do whatever you want but not until either one of those are done! ;)

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

+1 on that airdog!

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

More than 75% of you guys would rather fly a cargo helicopter full of rubber dog$$$$ outta Hong Kong?

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Absolutely YES!:thumbup:

I've been hoping a developer would do a CH-53E Super Stallion for a long time. Any H-53 would be good though. I'd go for a Merlin HC3, CH-47 Chinook, Mi-26 Halo and CH-37 Mojave as well.

I'd also love to have an H-60 of any variant with a preference for the CSAR/SPECOPS variants but any one would do.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Chinook because awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

They are very low on my list of aircraft that I'd like to see in DCS, so I guess that's a "no".

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

With the current cadence opf new releases from ED, I can easily afford everything and my vote is skewed. So based on my observations of purchasing patterns from the people I've flown with over the years, I'd say a pure transport wouldn't be great uptake, around 50% of the people I know and they are pretty hardcore, unless ED did something to integrate scripting like Ciribob's CTLD into the game but properly with assets and visuals and logistics. However, the entire package being on a carrier...well, with the Carrier, the Harrier and relevant rotary assets, that makes a different story.

I'd like to fly choppers on the carrier and so the helicopters should really be a part of that vision, something consistent with the content and era. And in that way, I would say more people would be interested because you can leverage the carrier and it's assets as the centrepiece to the mission. I'd humbly argue the CH-46 would garner the most interest, it can also be used in scenarios back to Vietnam and has a large following as well as being unique in many aspects. The CH-53 looks hellishly complex to do, although I can see amid air refuelling being of interest!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

a heavy lifter has appropriate if the cargo and infantry deployments on dcs world has better improvement and follow to a next steep into DCS: World (at leveo similar of ARMA), but that is black spot.

Meanwhile, a rotund Yes (and I add not only heavy lifters / transport helos, add to the list all the naval ASW/AsUW helos)

FWIW Razbam I was a Flight Engineer in CH-47Ds, and should be able to share a lot of info and materials on the chopper should Razbam ever decide to move forward. The CH-47D (Not F) is prettymuch totally declassified and would fit very well with the other available technology in DCS. It can be armed with 3 gunners (M240H, M-134A, M2 .50) and has a useful hook load of about 26,000 lbs, so you would need to expand on the sling loading in the sim to actually being able to life something like a Humvee to be able to fully realize the Chinhooks capability. I think a cargo chopper in DCS could be a lot of fun if the cargo functions were expanded, such as expanded troop transport systems.

If you ever did do a CH-47, including the ACH-47A, also know as the Guns-a-go-go Chinooks would be incredible. Those choppers are legendary in the Chinook community. They were four armored and very heavily armed Chinook Gunships that served in Vietnam. While making only those variety as a module might be a little too oddball, including them in the CH-47 module would be EPIC!

If you ever have any interest in this I would be glad to help out however possible- just shoot me a PM!

Edited by Hook47

a few weeks ago i had to pack away all my stuff for flightsimming (throttle, joystick, trackir etc.) beacuse my wife didn't like it and said i spent to much time on my computer....

if there comes a ch-53 for dcs i will pack her away 100 % sure

As much I would love to see the CH-53 or UH-60, EC725/H225M (but not so much CH-47 or any other successor of Piasecki's flying banana) the question is what would be their application in DCS.

Today missions are designed in away that Mi-8 capability to lift higher weights and take more soldiers on board does not matter compared to Huey. To justify the heavy lifters, first there should be a content and backbone in DCS that would allow to benefit from their increased size and provide applications which would bring more tasks than only flying the module.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all