Will the two helicopter modules include simulation of lose of tail rotor effectivenes

Eagle0110

Since both Gazelle and BO-105 are both light helicopters, I assume they both can get into loss of tail rotor effectiveness in certain situations.

Please enlighten me if Gazelle's ducked fan tail roter can mostly or even completely prevent LTE from happening

Otherwise, at least for BO-105, is LTE planned to be implemented in the module's official release, or at least very shortly after the release? If not, is it planned to be implemented in the future as a goal to be eventually accomplished?

Sent from my SM-N9002 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

A read of this discussion may be of interest http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-20002.html

The Gazelle is mentioned several times with context....

I hope we can simulate this on our Gazelle.:D

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

So if I am reading the pprune forum correctly, fenestron stall is a myth and you can never run out of torque with a fenestron to recover from a spin at any rate?

My understanding of what I read would be different, but then I have no RL experfience to link to.

Semantics are at play in many reports...

I would balance this

they visited Aerospatiale and carried out some extreme flight tests in the hover …….all captured on video and all VERY ALARMING to watch. The aircraft was put in a spot turn to the left and then allowed to continue to turn …… the rotation was allowed to accelerate and at a point where the rotation was becoming almost disorientating the opposite (RH) pedal was applied using FULL deflection. It caused a massive sustained overtorque but the aircraft rotation stopped (as I recall)
with this (Note the reference to strong wind...

I have to admit, I had over two thousand hours in the Gazelle before I realised there was such a term as Fenestron Stall, I had never heard of it, and didn't know I didn't know.

I was sitting in the back of a Gazelle during a short flight on my QHI course when the HP very clumsily tried a lookout turn to the left. The strong wind caught the big tailfin and whipped us even faster to the left, his reaction was full-right pedal, and off we jollywell went. After about 3 revolutions, I thought the shaft had failed, I could see he had full right pedal applied and nothing was happening. He instinctively raised the collective to get away from the ground but this made things worse so he decided to land very heavily whilst in the spot turn.

On further investigation of the twisted Gazelle, there was nothing wrong with the anti-torque system. If you apply too much pitch to an aerofoil, eventually it will stall, he had applied the maximum possible pitch, very quickly, and I would say the fenestron had stalled.

The French TP's answer was to apply full left pedal to unstall then re-apply right pedal gently. I have no doubt that would work, but try doing it when you are spinning at 360 deg in 3 seconds and out of control with your ar$e biting the buttons off the seat cushion.

Call it what you like, I would say the fenestron had stalled.

and then from another post initiated by a pilot who had got 'bit' and crashed... [http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-69405.html]

Firstly, as with all the other mails, it's good to see that your okay.

I have also flown the Gazelle and came very close to the phenonmenm (?) know at the time as 'Fenestron Stall'. This was investigated by sending aircraft to Eurocopter in France where the Test pilots span them round in small circles for a couple of days.

The huge amount of data they collected boiled down to the fact that the Fenestron was not 'Stalled' but had reversed airflow around the tips in spite of the shroud containing the blades. These conditions were most likely to be reached during:

1. A rapid or sudden demand for a left turn.

2. Wind from the right.

The onset is rapid and indeed very scary! Especially for a Gazelle beginner. Subsequently I have flown a large variety of helos and can say that the Gazelle rates up there as No.2 for fun factor!

Flying is a risky business and it is only through work, and the disemmination of information and experience that we can continue to make it safer.

Good luck and have many more hours fun flying the Gazelle.

Whatever, there is load of RF 'stuff' out there however I am sure Polychop will include if it is indeed able to be modelled.

SIGBLOCK.png