Question on this 2080 Ti

Why? Are you looking for data points to see if you want to upgrade? Or are you looking for bragging right? Or are you tired of trying to get SLI to work and are thinking about going with a single GPU?

Yes, I want to upgrade, I need objective data

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5000MZ

GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID

Kingston KHX2666C16 32Gb

Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1Tb

Kraken CPU cooler

ViewSonic 4K

Yes, I want to upgrade, I need objective data

Gotcha. I wish I could help, but I never fly DCS in monitors anymore. So I'm afraid I won't be able to provide any data for you. But I'm sure others can.

PS: I posed my question because I thought you were after data, but the original post could have been taken as a pointless challenge. Thought I'd clear it up.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

FYI guys,

SLI works just fine in DCS. I don't have a VR visor so never tried but it works fine with a flat panel or monitor. But it's not officially supported. You have to turn it on manually in the driver with Nvidia Inspector. Given all the players that have performance and stuttering issues I doubt the developers want to deal with the headache of official support. It's too small a use case.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3793658#post3793658

Just follow the method step by step if you don't understand what you are doing. All the graphics settings and hexadecimal codes can be a little overwhelming for the average user.

I also have shadows set to Ultra (numerical value 5) in the options.lua and it looks gorgeous at 4096x2160. You don't see the pixely edges on shadows. There is also an option for SSAO and cockpit reflections. Not sure if they were working or not. I was just playing around with them a few nights ago. I would definitely put these into the "Advanced User" category though. Don't bother trying unless you have DCS running well and you like to tinker and troubleshoot.

Based on my tests, 2 1080 Ti's in sli should beat a single 2080 ti given a fast CPU test bench. Don't have 2 1080 Ti's to test it to confirm. Curious what kind of performance you'd get from 2 1070's in SLI. That might actually be worth it for people. 1070's are still available new and used. You could get 2 of those for a reasonable cost if you had the slots. 1070's don't even draw that much power so most people could probably run 2 off their current power supply.

With my rig and the cards in SLI I can run some single player missions at 4096x2160 with 4x MSAA at 60fps. I've seen 70% utilization on each card simultaneously. Everything maxed except I keep depth of field and motion blur off. You can load up a mission at sunrise with some fog a clouds and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Best graphics I've seen on a flight simulator ever ever. You can spend hours just flying around sight seeing.I had a little flickering, turned the OC down on my GPU's and it cleared right up.

I just got 1 of my MSI RTX 2080 ti seahawk eks (Washington snow delays delivery of #2) and they're replacing 2 GTX 1080s. With 1 card I am ahead of where I was with the 2 1080s so I would do it if you aren't having to starve the family to do it...