Goodbye Asus

All my ASUS stuff hasn't missed a beat, touch wood....

Motherboard was last of it's gen, so it should be good I guess. Version 1 of anything has me a little worried, especially with cars. I don't usually buy Version 1.0 of anything.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I'm wondering if the Marketing Gimmicks on both deployments are equally bad.

There's your problem, Marketing. :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Only had one ASUS board im my life and that was over 20 years ago. The 'Socket 7' ASUS board always crashed with my Diamond Viper graphics card which was connected to a Diamond Monster 3D accelerator. After a few days of trying to solve the problem without having any success, I replaced the board with a vanilla board from HSINTECH. That one worked without any problems. Never again touched an ASUS board since those days, because I never felt the need to do so. There are many other manufacturers in the market.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I've always loved Asus' products. In fact I've not long taken delivery of an RT-AC86U router. My RT-AC87U was terrible and handling OpenVPN traffic due to the Broadcom CPU not supporting AES NI, but the RT-AC86U maxes out my VPN connection. Asus' firmware has always been good and Merlin"s iteration of the firmware is excellent. I ordered the router before I learnt of this twin 8 VRM BS. I don't take too kindly to any company ripping their customers off, so I'm asking myself if I would have bought another Asus product had I known whatI now know.

Is always been the way that when a company builds its reputation with good products once they've build a base of loyal customers they look to boost profits by finding ways to manufacture the products more cheaply. The fact Asus admitted it was a mistake to market their Hero boards as "twin 8 phase" VRM is admission they were trying to decieve their customers. People can dress it up all they want and post all the ridicule and criticism they like, but nothing can change a simple truth.

But hey, every cloud has a silver lining, and at least in the cold winter months those boards will keep the hardcore Asus fanboys nicely warm and toasty :D

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1