Supercarrier Mini Updates? progress?

Legendofdino

Software is hard, incredibly hard. Having big teams working on the same thing is not as efficient in terms of man hours for value as smaller teams working on specific isolated things.

So things take time and so far the super carrier early access release and pace of updates is consistent with other DCS releases.

Personally id rather have the super carrier as it is now with some bugs and missing functionality then not have it now and be waiting for it to be more complete before release. If anyone would rather the other way around then they have the option of not using it yet or waiting until full release until buying it.

Software is hard, incredibly hard. Having big teams working on the same thing is not as efficient in terms of man hours for value as smaller teams working on specific isolated things.

So things take time and so far the super carrier early access release and pace of updates is consistent with other DCS releases.

Personally id rather have the super carrier as it is now with some bugs and missing functionality then not have it now and be waiting for it to be more complete before release. If anyone would rather the other way around then they have the option of not using it yet or waiting until full release until buying it.

And to me that's the beauty of it.... giving "choice".

We could always have the alternative - no early release and no choice. (or have the experience I've had with EA games - full release with bugs that never get fixed as they release their next game for another cash grab).

I understand the frustrations, I would love to hear some news as well but I'm glad we at least have choice in this matter. ED have been transparent and given us a choice and I'm grateful for that.

• ED Team

Early access takes a long time, for any module.

We use early access because it does give us room to develop and bring the modules to you sooner.

Your participation in early access development helps us not only financially but with your reports and feedback. If early access is not your thing we completely understand.

Some news,

the team have nearly finished the briefing room, hopefully we can share a preview of it soon.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Early access takes a long time, for any module.

We use early access because it does give us room to develop and bring the modules to you sooner.

Your participation in early access development helps us not only financially but with your reports and feedback. If early access is not your thing we completely understand.

Some news,

the team have nearly finished the briefing room, hopefully we can share a preview of it soon.

thanks

Thanks for the update BIGNEWY. The briefing room is a welcomed addition! Can you share some if the plannes features for the briefing room in the future? I guess it's not just a model of the room with no functionality.

Additionally, most of us would appreciate an update on the ATC more than anything else, especially in multiplayer.

Really don't care about the briefing room.

More important things to fix like night marshaling and performance...

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

More important things to fix like night marshaling and performance...

I'm in a virtual squadron and I think the briefing room is going to be a nice addition, but it's certainly secondary to the fixes you mention. The night experience is lacking quite a bit right now, both because of the lack of wands and because of bad perfromance and it needs to be prioritized.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Its very early EA guys, things will come.

Only thing i would ask for is that the carrier ball overlay that pops up in VR is a real deal breaker, to be honest i don't use the carrier because of it, actually obscures my view of the actual ball on the final turn.

Know it's been mentioned but if we could give one of the dev's a nudge to make this an option in the specials tab, greatly appreciated im sure by many. It was highlighted that it would be an option and i know its a simple LUA script change so please please can we push this easy win.

The overlay would have been useful back in the CV1 days but for some of us lucky ones hardware has moved on and its not needed.

Thanks BigNewy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

You are probably right - ahem ... I hope so - but it is much too slow ! And they give no news, no explanations to show us why they are taking so much time and why they are not even able to quickly fix some small bugs that would make the use of the module at least acceptable during the early Access period !

Only thing i would ask for is that the carrier ball overlay that pops up in VR is a real deal breaker, to be honest i don't use the carrier because of it, actually obscures my view of the actual ball on the final turn.

Know it's been mentioned but if we could give one of the dev's a nudge to make this an option in the specials tab, greatly appreciated im sure by many. It was highlighted that it would be an option and i know its a simple LUA script change so please please can we push this easy win.

The overlay would have been useful back in the CV1 days but for some of us lucky ones hardware has moved on and its not needed.

You can move this overlay out of your screen when it appears by using your mouse ... I know it's a poor workaround but apart from modifying some game files we don't have anything else !

Anyway, sadly, since many years, flying DCS simulator force you to a constant use of MANY workarounds to make the experience acceptable !!!

That is no more a satisfying and acceptable situation at all for the regular supporting customers we are since many years !! :mad:

And don't bother me with the use of the Stable Version instead of the OpenBeta to solve the problems (I have both of them installed) !

This doesn't change anything since the end of May !

The, so called, "Stable version" is full of blocking bugs on many modules and they definitely know it !

Since the release of the Supercarrier, to maximize sales, ED is pushing the "OpenBeta Version" towards the - so called - "Stable Version" very early in the process, with lots of bugs still uncorrected !

For the releases of the Supercarrier and the P-47, both in Early Access, the so called "debug process delay" between the release of a new product on the OpenBeta and it's availability on the "Stable" Version was around ONE WEEK ONLY !!!

Knowing the legendary and despairing slowness of ED to fix bugs ... you can easily imagine that one week looks like a "funny" delay to hope to fix the significative amount of bugs on those quite complex modules to a least make them usable in an acceptable way during the Early Access period ...

• ED Team
And don't bother me with the use of the Stable Version instead of the OpenBeta to solve the problems (I have both of them installed) !

This doesn't change anything since the end of May !

The, so called, "Stable version" is full of blocking bugs on many modules and they definitely know it !

Since the release of the Supercarrier, to maximize sales, ED is pushing the "OpenBeta Version" towards the - so called - "Stable Version" very early in the process, with lots of bugs still uncorrected !

For the releases of the Supercarrier and the P-47, both in Early Access, the so called "debug process delay" between the release of a new product on the OpenBeta and it's availability on the "Stable" Version was around ONE WEEK ONLY !!!

Knowing the legendary and despairing slowness of ED to fix bugs ... you can easily imagine that one week looks like a "funny" delay to hope to fix the significative amount of bugs on those quite complex modules to a least make them usable in an acceptable way during the Early Access period ...

Sorry you are unhappy,

It does not change that this is early access. Early acees means we can bring you a product earlier while we continue development. If early access isn't your thing we totally understand.

Regarding stable version and open beta, the stable build is just a more stable version of open beta which is a public test version. We test all patches in the open beta to try and prevent stopping issues, it does not mean it will be bug free.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BigNewy

I believe there is a keybind to hide/show it, but unsure what it is

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe there is a keybind to hide/show it, but unsure what it is
No unfortunately ... not !

We are asking for that small modification since 4 months ... but it is still not there !! :(

Is it too complicated ...? I dunno ... :music_whistling:

So if you want to get rid of this unreallistic display tool, to try to keep the experience as real as possible,

... as usual with DCS, you'll have to use an unofficial workaround found by ED's customers themselves, and modify directly some .lua files in the Sim's core or module filesystem ! :huh::(

Edited by RaiderOne

Really want to see:

Different tower frequency.

Capability for player control of Tower and LSO (and maybe bubble) at least in MP.

Bridge control of helm would rock.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I'd just like to see an update?

The last was months ago!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I would like to hear if they are planning to fix the problems everyone is having with tanker orbits and rescue helos not following the carrier, if they have plans on doing new tasks in the ME that solves these problems.

Its not because I need them right now primarily, Im creating a campaign for the Persian Gulf map and Im holding off on finishing it because this is something that will be the same in all the missions.

I would like to hear if they are planning to fix the problems everyone is having with tanker orbits and rescue helos not following the carrier, if they have plans on doing new tasks in the ME that solves these problems.

Its not because I need them right now primarily, Im creating a campaign for the Persian Gulf map and Im holding off on finishing it because this is something that will be the same in all the missions.

MOOSE has all of those covered, if you are willing to give it a try.

I have tried but could not get it to work, a guy here on the forum even sent a example mission and posted the script but that did not help. Thought I could use it as a temporary solution, I still hope ED will implement this into the core, its a pretty central thing in carrier aviation and I cant think they will settle with people needing to use MOOSE in the long run to make the carrier aviation experience in DCS Supercarrier complete.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

I do care about the briefing room, that and the hangar deck were some of the big draws for me.
OK but what for ?? ... right now, at this stage of SuperCarrier's module completion ?? :huh:

At the end of the SuperCarrier project, maybe ... to add a bit of Eye Candy things, to change a bit the general atmosphere before taking a plane for a long mission ... ok, why not !?

But come on, those are really secondary fonctionnalities !!

Just now, as the module is barely usable during MultiPlayer proper&complete missions, and still full of bugs & missing parts in the recovery plane's management even in SinglePlayer, etc ...

... your best wish, what you really claim is :

- to "be able to park your plane in the Hangar"

and

- to "be able to see the map & change your loadout from a new room instead of from your cockpit" ?!?

Really ?? :shocking:

It doesn't seem weird to you ...?? :(

Sorry ... I absolutely cannot understand this sense of priority management and sadly ED seems to think like you !

... we are definitely not using the same Combat Flight Simulator ... !!! :cry:

Edited by RaiderOne

OK but what for ?? ... right now, at this stage of SuperCarrier's module completion ?? :huh:

At the end of the SuperCarrier project, maybe ... to add a bit of Eye Candy things, to change a bit the general atmosphere before taking a plane for a long mission ... ok, why not !?

But come on, those are really secondary fonctionnalities !!

Just now, as the module is barely usable during MultiPlayer proper&complete missions, and still full of bugs & missing parts in the recovery plane's management even in SinglePlayer, etc ...

... your best wish, what you really claim is :

- to "be able to park your plane in the Hangar"

and

- to "be able to see the map & change your loadout from a new room instead of from your cockpit" ?!?

Really ?? :shocking:

It doesn't seem weird to you ...?? :(

Sorry ... I absolutely cannot understand this sense of priority management and sadly ED seems to think like you !

... we are definitely not using the same Combat Flight Simulator ... !!! :cry:

When it's done.

Supercarrier has build as a "block construction" and milestone as first module to build naval modules into DCS. And has the first module with ED make additional cockpits, LSO post has one of them and missing yet click able bottons and functionality. The briefing room, the CAG AirBoss has another.

Actually don't expected other "load out" UI. That has outside supercarrier, that is part of the core, and a pilot don't descend vyour airplane to reload under deck to the hangar, that is make on deck, up the ammunition and fuel by armored elevators and fuel lines. You only move the aircraft under deck to store, repair, maintenance or make room on deck to operations decks.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

One of (if not the main) selling point of this module was the ATC. I'd like to hear some news about future plans to support multiplayer better, and assign different entities (tower, lso and so on) to different frequencies.

The eye candy doesn't really matter, if at the end of the day the ATC doesn't work.

No unfortunately ... not !

We are asking for that small modification since 4 months ... but it is still not there !! :(

Is it too complicated ...? I dunno ... :music_whistling:

So if you want to get rid of this unreallistic display tool, to try to keep the experience as real as possible,

... as usual with DCS, you'll have to use an unofficial workaround found by ED's customers themselves, and modify directly some .lua files in the Sim's core or module filesystem ! :huh::(

As some have said it does sound like Early Access might not be a good choice for you. We need to be aware of EA means. As for the IFOLS it is easy to disable in Lua. We have a large group and I believe all of our guys are using a OVGME enable file that turns of the artificial IFOLS. That file is pretty easy to find and modify.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord