Forrestal Progress

fl0w

The DCS: Supercarrier is an upgraded Nimitz with better textures and a slightly more accurate 3D model. (AI one is inaccurate because of some dimension distortion) AFAIK ED plans on making multiple carriers for us

The Supercarrier module has all Theodore roosevelt subclass (71-75), different to the 70 Nimitz class on weapons and systems. You missing the Carrier Crew, Pilotable LSO and CAG, Briefing cabin and some other funtionality as accurated ATC and deck operations.

The Forrestal will be free to use for everyone, not just owners of the Tomcat. So if you put it in a mission, your friends who own the hornet but not the Tomcat will be able to land on it (read: use it) the same way.

As for what features of the ED carrier module will be available on the Forrestal we cannot say at this point, this will depend on which of these features ED will make available to us.

As for priorities A version and Forrestal share a similar priority but due to the amount of work needed, it is likely that the Forrestal will come first. However, please take this with a huge grain of salt, as we cannot say exactly at this moment when for either of them and as always in development: we might run into issues that will push one ahead of the other or vice versa. As always with Heatblur: quality will get top priority above anything else.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Do we know how many parking spots the Forrestal will have? As in, how many jets can be assigned to it without any spawning on top of each other and exploding?

Not yet.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Sounds great! Personally I'd love to see the A model first. Just curious as to why it's such a HUGE amount of work for the A? I'd imagine it is mostly tweaking engine performance and flight model/sounds that require the work. All the systems should be pretty much the same as the B (minus the RWR).

I know my priorities are off but I really wish the little cosmetic things that Heatblur have already proved they cared about A LOT were sorted out first, e.g.: tire morphing or proper differential wheel spinning..

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Forrestal will launch this year- not sure which month exactly yet.

As for priorities A version and Forrestal share a similar priority but due to the amount of work needed, it is likely that the Forrestal will come first. However, please take this with a huge grain of salt, as we cannot say exactly at this moment when for either of them and as always in development: we might run into issues that will push one ahead of the other or vice versa. As always with Heatblur: quality will get top priority above anything else.

It's OK, i don't mean to sound pushy, i just want to know how much time i have to work on my throttle and AoA discipline! The B has made me quite lazy in that department. Right now i only worry about adding lateral stick during hard maneuvers and even that is less and less often occurrence. :thumbup:

So A, probably next year, that gives me enough time:pilotfly:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

CV-59, USS Forrestal? Cool! Would that include being able to select it as CV-60, 61 & 62 in ME? (Saratoga, Ranger and Independence) Or are there differences enough that it won't work. They are all 4 the same class. I would think any differences would be minor. If it were like $20 for the Forrestal, I'd buy it. If HB making a little more money can mean more products faster, I'll pay. :) But I'll gladly take free!!

Would really like to see, and fly, the A-6A (or E) Intruder at the detail level of the F-14B!! The AI names can be: "Morg" for the Bombardier/Navigator and "Jake" or "Graf" for the Pilot (character names from the "Flight of the Intruder" novel). Also, if you could, the A-7E Corsair II. These would complete the set of primary combat aircraft aboard supercarriers from about 1975 to 1995 -- F-14, F-18, A6 & A-7...all using the launch bar system for cat launches.

CV-59, USS Forrestal? Cool! Would that include being able to select it as CV-60, 61 & 62 in ME? (Saratoga, Ranger and Independence) Or are there differences enough that it won't work. They are all 4 the same class. I would think any differences would be minor. If it were like $20 for the Forrestal, I'd buy it. If HB making a little more money can mean more products faster, I'll pay. :) But I'll gladly take free!!

Would really like to see, and fly, the A-6A (or E) Intruder at the detail level of the F-14B!! The AI names can be: "Morg" for the Bombardier/Navigator and "Jake" or "Graf" for the Pilot (character names from the "Flight of the Intruder" novel). Also, if you could, the A-7E Corsair II. These would complete the set of primary combat aircraft aboard supercarriers from about 1975 to 1995 -- F-14, F-18, A6 & A-7...all using the launch bar system for cat launches.

Although not in the time frame above, it would be awesome to fly the Community A-4E from this carrier as well.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

• 3 weeks later...

Is there work being done on the Forrestal Carrier or something, or is it just being held up? Does anyone know what the functionalities will be?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Well, as a free DCS asset...

Is there work being done on the Forrestal Carrier or something, or is it just being held up? Does anyone know what the functionalities will be?

It will float and sail I guess. Other useful functionality I would expect would be working catapults.

Wires! Must be able to use them, no?

It is free to all DCS players, can't expect more than that.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If you don't release it on December 11th then you're missing the trick.... :smilewink:

:lol::lol::thumbup:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

If you don't release it on December 11th then you're missing the trick.... :smilewink:

:lol::lol::thumbup:

Oh jeeze, not this I still have "release date" PTSD from the original release.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

She was launched on 11th December 1954

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know... And IIRC there was the great wailing and gnashing of teeth about the 22nd of Dec last year because the tomcat made its first flight or something and the DCS release date pigeon entrail readers had a field day with it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just a small bump.

I would like to bring back up on how we are all very looking forward to the F-14 Tomcat being complete. I think we all want that as badly as HB do themselves. However, we have not seen much in terms of "new content" in the OpenBeta changelogs besides constant bug squashing. Getting rid of bugs is always appreciated and very welcome as to the new model that other particular examples show, but we don't want it paused on the rails forever.

I really wouldn't want to sound like a prick, but do we currently have any officialized or concrete-set roadmap for the F-14 by Heatblur? I.E. Dynamic Cockpit, Campaign content, F-14A, Forrestal, A-6E/KA-6, JA-35, and etc.

We do, we should have a general developer update soon for you guys again, where we explain everything a bit more. But, we are still committed to releasing it this year.

Heatblur Simulations

We do, we should have a general developer update soon for you guys again, where we explain everything a bit more. But, we are still committed to releasing it this year.

Very much looking forward to that update!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

• 2 months later...
Hi guys, just got around to answer this. All these things are currently work in progress, the A version, the Forrestal, the Viggen Campaign, the Draken AI, but atm we still prioritize bug fixing. Our apologies that we cannot give any estimates or dates yet.

While new content is of course exciting and much awaited, and we understand that, we also want to give you a solid foundation to use it on. I hope that makes sense. :)

thats the kind of answers i like to hear.

fix actual stuff.

ED should learn from you guys. good job.

Three weeks left...

I wonder if we will get a nice preview video like we just saw from ED, or if it will just all of a sudden be included in one of the next Open Betas.

Only time will tell but they've been awfully quiet

That was some of the best flying I've seen to date...right up to the part where you got killed