Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Maybe this question is not new. I hope so but I couldnt find an answer.

I just cant open the "kneeboard settings" in "options". No matter what I do, its always grey and not selectable.

Because of my MFCDs I have a giant kneeboard over 2 monitors, so the kneeboard is not usable until I changed its size and position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Maybe this question is not new. I hope so but I couldnt find an answer.

I just cant open the "kneeboard settings" in "options". No matter what I do, its always grey and not selectable.

Because of my MFCDs I have a giant kneeboard over 2 monitors, so the kneeboard is not usable until I changed its size and position.

The button is disabled if one or both of these two files are missing or unavailable:

Standard Install:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua

Beta Install:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua

Alpha Install:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

...\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\options.lua

Check to see if the viewporthandling.lua and options.lua are accessible with read/write permissions for the DCS installation you are trying to use.

The button is disabled if one or both of these two files are missing or unavailable:

Standard Install:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua

Beta Install:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua

Alpha Install:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

...\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\options.lua

Check to see if the viewporthandling.lua and options.lua are accessible with read/write permissions for the DCS installation you are trying to use.

Everything is availabe and nothing is write protected. I even started the builder as admin. No changes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Hello AlaskanGrizzly

Thank you for your super work, facilitated much. A question for the Mirage 2000C, I have the problem that the kneeboard is displayed in the cockpit, but I can not find the settings in the Kneeboardsettings / Set ???

Is not implemented yet?

thank you

Challenger444

71886028_Screenshot(19).thumb.png.cd98d05b48cb3ed4d3ed21052678045b.png

585006269_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.f4af57878067f8f092419d2ba159b61f.png

Edited by Challenger444

Version 1.6.7.6 Released

Version 1.6.7.6 is now available.

Changelog

- Added missing cockpit background images for Gazelle and Mirage in Kneeboard Settings

- Fixed cockpit background images not appearing in background image selection dialog

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to a file system change implemented in DCS World versions 1.5.3 and 2.0.1, this version of Kneeboard Builder may not modify the default kneeboards correctly for prior versions of DCS World.

• 2 weeks later...

I seems that there is not possibility to make the option "kneeboard settings" availabole for me. Is there any way to change the size and position of the kneeboard manually in some LUAs? If yes, pls tell me which file and which line I have to change.

I searched it already but always got back here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I seems that there is not possibility to make the option "kneeboard settings" availabole for me. Is there any way to change the size and position of the kneeboard manually in some LUAs? If yes, pls tell me which file and which line I have to change.

I searched it already but always got back here.

Sorry for the delay.

Give this version of Kneeboard Builder that has the file restrictions removed a try:

Kneeboard Builder Dev Build 1.6.7.6

If that doesn't work you can use the attached ViewportHandling.lua to manually modify the size and position.

Change the values for the first four lines to the pixel size you need :

local kneeY = 800 (Kneeboard Height)

local kneeX = 550 (Kneeboard Width)

local kneePosY = 276 (Vertical position from the top left corner)

local kneePosX = 1365 (Horizontal position from the top left corner )

Replace the file at ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua with this one.

ViewportHandling.lua

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay.

Give this version of Kneeboard Builder that has the file restrictions removed a try:

Kneeboard Builder Dev Build 1.6.7.6

If that doesn't work you can use the attached ViewportHandling.lua to manually modify the size and position.

Change the values for the first four lines to the pixel size you need :

local kneeY = 800 (Kneeboard Height)

local kneeX = 550 (Kneeboard Width)

local kneePosY = 276 (Vertical position from the top left corner)

local kneePosX = 1365 (Horizontal position from the top left corner )

Replace the file at ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua with this one.

This version lets me into the kneeboard settings but crashes every time. But no problem - the manual way worked perfectly. Thx a lot :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This version lets me into the kneeboard settings but crashes every time. But no problem - the manual way worked perfectly. Thx a lot :)

That was what I was expecting. For some reason one or both of the files it needs are not accessible on your system. I am glad you are able to accomplish it manually.

I have a problem for some time with the dynamic kneeboard not showing at all... just the "replace batteries" sign :)

Any clue on this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have a problem for some time with the dynamic kneeboard not showing at all... just the "replace batteries" sign :)

Any clue on this?

That whole system is not working correctly since the DCS 2.0 and 1.5 transitions. ED changed the way the missions are loaded and I haven't had the chance or motivation to really dig for the solution yet. I will try to look at it again once the 2.0 and 1.5 merge occurs.

Thanks for the answer. I hope 2.5 will not take long for the sake of many things. I for one, haven't started 2.0 for quite a while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

When I resize the kneeboard and change the position in the program it doesn't reflect the size changes or position of the kneeboard in DCS?

Edited by j0nx

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

I'm affraid , this mod will be removed or closed :( from here.

I sent PM for author.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

When I resize the kneeboard and change the position in the program it doesn't reflect the size changes or position of the kneeboard in DCS?

Whenever you change the height/width etc for a kneeboard profile make sure you save it and then select the profile using the task bar icon. That should update the necessary DCS files.

It is also important to remember that whenever you initially open Kneeboard Builder it will automatically select your default kneeboard profile and set the DCS files accordingly.

Let me know if you need clearer directions.

I'm affraid , this mod will be removed or closed :( from here.

I sent PM for author.

Why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why?

Perhaps he means he is going to uninstall.

Kneeboard Builder is a fine app, why would it close?

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Whenever you change the height/width etc for a kneeboard profile make sure you save it and then select the profile using the task bar icon. That should update the necessary DCS files.

It is also important to remember that whenever you initially open Kneeboard Builder it will automatically select your default kneeboard profile and set the DCS files accordingly.

Let me know if you need clearer directions.

I did save it but I don't think the move position or resize functionality works in 1.5 or 2.0. The knee board doesn't work in VR anyway for some reason which is what I needed it most for so I don't have to peak out under the headset to follow the startup procedures. That needs to be fixed ASAP but that's apparently a VR functionality issue.

• Like 1

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

I did save it but I don't think the move position or resize functionality works in 1.5 or 2.0. The knee board doesn't work in VR anyway for some reason which is what I needed it most for so I don't have to peak out under the headset to follow the startup procedures. That needs to be fixed ASAP but that's apparently a VR functionality issue.

Try updating the size and position manually by using the .lua file in this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2801926&postcount=483

Why?

He means author of the mod accepts donations, that might trigger mods the way they went over the board with Barthek. But I personally wouldn't worry, there are more mods accepting donations like (Aires for example) for a long time without any consequences, so it was probably just a single incindent with Barthek. Maybe they didn't like his mod for some reason LOL.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

Yeah, probably.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
This crashes constantly.

Mine works fine.

Did you try re-installing ?

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro