Unrealistic slew is even less usable than realistic slew

As everyone should know, the Hornet comes with an option that allows the player to toggle between two different modes of slewing imaging seeker Maverick missiles. AFAIK the mode has been added because of deficiencies in slew sticks in various HOTAS products. However, simultaneously slewing and pressing the TDC hat is difficult even with the famous Delta Sim slew mod.

I feel that the unrealistic setting actually makes slewing harder than it already is in realistic mode. The basic problem is that even after setting large enough deadzones it is too easy to accidentally bump the TDC stick, and I don't have any motor impairments. Normally with the radar and SA formats this is not an issue, as small inputs have a negligible impact on the cursor.

The main problem is that Mavericks ground stabilize the moment the cursor is slewed, and I constantly find myself having to mash the cage key to recenter the seeker. Even then, recentering often stops halfway because of new inputs to the stick. How do you cope with it? Should a single TDC depression be required to uncage & ground stabilize the seeker before any slew inputs are accepted?

As everyone should know, the Hornet comes with an option that allows the player to toggle between two different modes of slewing imaging seeker Maverick missiles. AFAIK the mode has been added because of deficiencies in slew sticks in various HOTAS products. However, simultaneously slewing and pressing the TDC hat is difficult even with the famous Delta Sim slew mod.

I feel that the unrealistic setting actually makes slewing harder than it already is in realistic mode. The basic problem is that even after setting large enough deadzones it is too easy to accidentally bump the TDC stick, and I don't have any motor impairments. Normally with the radar and SA formats this is not an issue, as small inputs have a negligible impact on the cursor.

The main problem is that Mavericks ground stabilize the moment the cursor is slewed, and I constantly find myself having to mash the cage key to recenter the seeker. Even then, recentering often stops halfway because of new inputs to the stick. How do you cope with it? Should a single TDC depression be required to uncage & ground stabilize the seeker before any slew inputs are accepted?

Bigger dead zone and when you don’t want to actively aim the maverick then make the HUD sensor of choice by pressing sensor select switch forward.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I find the Delta Sim mod easy to use.

In addition to Deano87's good suggestions I also straighten my finger slightly so it is off the slew control - no touch = no movement

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I find the Delta Sim mod easy to use.

In addition to Deano87's good suggestions I also straighten my finger slightly so it is off the slew control - no touch = no movement

...so the solution to this is we must extend our middle finger. Works great for all sorts of scenarios.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Indeed, but far too polite to consider some other uses;)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal