AoA discrepancy between Tacview and cockpit gauge

blokovchan

Hello,

Is it a bug, or is something that I missed? There is discrepancy between angle of attack shown on cockpit gauge and Tacview analyzer. E.g.: at landing and flare I have on cockpit gauge AoA about 20°, but Taciew shows AoA from 4 to 6°....

edit:

DCS version: 2.5 stable...

Edited by blokovchan

What does the F2 view say about the AOA? Is it the same as in the cockpit or the same as in TacView?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's normal for the following three things to be different:

1. Angle of air flow around sensor (UUA-1)

2. Angle of air flow around airframe (F2)

3. Angle of motion relative to airframe (TacView)

Difference 1 compared to 2 & 3 may be large. Difference between 2 & 3 is small to nothing depending on wind. Remember TacView does not understand wind so it may have small difference compared to F2 which does understand wind. It is normal for UUA-1 to be showing 33° when F2 is showing 16° under certain conditions.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181282&d=1521499618

It's the same as in F2 view... Why you ask?

Same as in cockpit or same as in TacView?

I'm asking, because the F2 view shows the true values. But as Frederf explained, they all show slightly different things, so nvm :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It is possible to notice a difference between the cockpit AoA gauge and the AoA displayed in Tacview if the angle of incidence is not zero (the angle between the wings and the longitudinal axis).

This is something I am improving over time by exporting cockpit instruments instead of calculating by hand the AoA. But it takes time because each aircraft in DCS World is a special case…

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png