Building UFC and CDU

A10Yoda

As the title states, I am currently building a UFC and CDU for the A10.

I purchased the panels from pcflights.com which they also sell individual tactile buttons.

Has anyone have any experience which is better, individual buttons or a custom made board that fits the panel molds?

Just trying to get feedback of what is cheaper versus maybe better quality..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I built my ufc from scratch with tactile buttons. Fiddly assembly and mediocre quality but it worked fine and is easy to repair or upgrade. A premade pcb would be great for quality but very likely considerably more costly. Likely comes down to if your budget permits or if the money would be. Etter soend elsewhere.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I should have looked at those panels before posting. Impresive. Individual switches will work well provided you get something you can mount properly. I wouldnt try to get a board to match. Checkout digikey or mouser for a deep selection of buttons.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I should have looked at those panels before posting. Impresive. Individual switches will work well provided you get something you can mount properly. I wouldnt try to get a board to match. Checkout digikey or mouser for a deep selection of buttons.
They (pcflights) offers 6x6mm tactile which are nice but I was hoping to get a custom built one so I can mix tactile and a couple rocker switches for the toggles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edited by A10Yoda