NOOB Question!

Wolf359

Working in the mission editor and have something simple set up for the F-18. Tried to edit and save as for each of my aircraft. The A-10C works fine, but the rest don't load the mission; they merely open the map as my primary view. The only changes I made were the aircraft and where they start parked. Then just saved as new title. One more thing: I was setting up nighttime versions for each, set the time to 23:30. But doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the help!

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

When you switched aircraft it probably changed skill level from Player controlled to "average" which would be AI controlled. Change start time by clicking on weather or mission briefing icon.

No, that didn't change.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Hi Wolf333,

A good way to setup one mission with all the aircraft you have, is to put them all in the same mission. Set them all to skill level (client)

This way you can chose which one to fly all in the one mission at the start. The others will not spawn in. You can change to a different aircraft whenever you want. By hitting escape and chose a different slot/aircraft.

You can even put as many of the same aircraft in the mission. One air start, one hot start, one cold start etc.

Quick video

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Cthulhu has it. I'd bet money that you changed the "start time" of aircraft at their first waypoint?

This changes when the aircraft become available, not the mission start time. So if your mission starts at 10AM, and your jet starts at 10PM, you have to wait 12 in-game hours before the aircraft becomes available.

In the briefing section of the editor you can change the mission start time. This will affect all aircraft. There is no need to adjust individual aircraft start times unless you're trying to do something to stagger launches (even then, there are often better ways.)

Hi Wolf333,

A good way to setup one mission with all the aircraft you have, is to put them all in the same mission. Set them all to skill level (client)

This way you can chose which one to fly all in the one mission at the start. The others will not spawn in. You can change to a different aircraft whenever you want. By hitting escape and chose a different slot/aircraft.

You can even put as many of the same aircraft in the mission. One air start, one hot start, one cold start etc.

Quick video

I love this idea, but am I able to "clone" the waypoints from the original aircraft, or do I have to set them up all over again for each plane?

If you tried changing the "time" on the navigation screen,where you add waypoints that changes when units are activated not the time of day when mission starts so that would cause both issues.

Absolutely right! Thank you!

I love this idea, but am I able to "clone" the waypoints from the original aircraft, or do I have to set them up all over again for each plane?

Nevermind that question. Copy/Paste!

Then once you have all the aircraft populated in the mission editor, and all your static objects set etc. save it as a static template. Then you can create a fresh mission later on the same map, and populate it with your basic set up by just loading your template.