Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

I have a suggestion. On weekdays its seems to pretty low amount of players on the server. I suggest that you promote the small maps like 5 points and phone booth, or even sail ahoy will work. Because if i see 3 players on a big map, i will not join and i think a lot players think the same way.

As I mentioned Alpenwolf... Statistics. Statistics will attract new players, they give some apparent goal to the present pilots. By the way, the game mode will change, because at the moment half of the players are starting to finish their fuel and simply Eject and they take new plane.

:pilotfly:

As I mentioned Alpenwolf... Statistics. Statistics will attract new players, they give some apparent goal to the present pilots. By the way, the game mode will change, because at the moment half of the players are starting to finish their fuel and simply Eject and they take new plane.

To me it was never about getting the numbers and constantly having a full server to be honest. And I've said that quite often actually on this forum here. So that's to begin with.

The mod including the statistics also includes kill, takeoff, spawn etc. messages. And that's what actually bothers me about it unless they've updated the mod and some features can be excluded? No idea.

The kill messages that are included in the statistics mod are the worst in my opinion. I hate treating this simulator as a game to just get the kills and show off. The chat window is quite clean on the server and you barely (or maybe never?) see two guys having a silly debate and insulting each other over some dogfight they had. Because for example if you're flying the Froggy and get a gunkill on Alpenwolf flying the F-5, immediately some players will start hailing you and taunting Alpenwolf. So Alpenwolf might get upset and start arguing about it. and maybe ends up calling you a cheater while others start acting all saintly telling everyone "it's just a game, guys, relax". I see that quite often on many servers. It gets dirty and admins start calming down everyone and sometimes kicking out a player or two.

Besides, kill messages? Really?! In my opinion that lowers the level of the simulator to that of an arcade game.

If the mod wouldn't include all these messages (especially the kill messages), then I wouldn't mind including it.

Hope you understand my point. You don't have to agree though :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

To me it was never about getting the numbers and constantly having a full server to be honest. And I've said that quite often actually on this forum here. So that's to begin with.

The mod including the statistics also includes kill, takeoff, spawn etc. messages. And that's what actually bothers me about it unless they've updated the mod and some features can be excluded? No idea.

The kill messages that are included in the statistics mod are the worst in my opinion. I hate treating this simulator as a game to just get the kills and show off. The chat window is quite clean on the server and you barely (or maybe never?) see two guys having a silly debate and insulting each other over some dogfight they had. Because for example if you're flying the Froggy and get a gunkill on Alpenwolf flying the F-5, immediately some players will start hailing you and taunting Alpenwolf. So Alpenwolf might get upset and start arguing about it. and maybe ends up calling you a cheater while others start acting all saintly telling everyone "it's just a game, guys, relax". I see that quite often on many servers. It gets dirty and admins start calming down everyone and sometimes kicking out a player or two.

Besides, kill messages? Really?! In my opinion that lowers the level of the simulator to that of an arcade game.

If the mod wouldn't include all these messages (especially the kill messages), then I wouldn't mind including it.

Hope you understand my point. You don't have to agree though :smilewink:

As far as I know, most notifications can be turned off. But calmly, this is not the most important thing. The most important that people are on the server. I often expect several hours to be able to have someone to fly with, because the server is empty, and this is the only server on which I really like to fly. My suggestion would only attract new pilots and give an apparent purpose to their actions. If someone really likes numbers, he can do it on a piece of paper. ;)

i won't go down the line for kill messages or kill statistics at all.

the only thing which i'd love to see is some sort of overview what objectives are still open, and which have been fullfilled.

This information would be available by intel before you even start the engines and load up weapons.

i don't really care for kills in a sim, as long as i bring my weaponry to the target and the plane safe home

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

the only thing which i'd love to see is some sort of overview what objectives are still open, and which have been fullfilled.

This information would be available by intel before you even start the engines and load up weapons.

i don't really care for kills in a sim, as long as i bring my weaponry to the target and the plane safe home

I know, the objectives thing is quite a thing on the server. Had been working on a script for it and unfortunately it didn't work. Looking for other solutions still.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Campaign or mission statistics would be even better than the statistics of a single pilot. Maybe a limited number of aircraft, weapons at airports, so that pilots would care more about them? These are just suggestions, but as a fan of aircraft from the Cold War era, and especially mig-21, I would like this server to be more lively and popular.

EDIT: Maybye I've gone a little bit to far, limited aircrafts < more players, but in the future?

Edited by Miro

Campaign or mission statistics would be even better than the statistics of a single pilot. Maybe a limited number of aircraft, weapons at airports, so that pilots would care more about them? These are just suggestions, but as a fan of aircraft from the Cold War era, and especially mig-21, I would like this server to be more lively and popular.

EDIT: Maybye I've gone a little bit to far, limited aircrafts < more players, but in the future?

The weapons are limited and the limitation will increase too. Limiting the planes is not a good idea, but limiting the lives as in BlueFlag will be added.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

guys, to start having fun into a basically dogfight based server you have to organize yourself with someone, you cant expect to have fun alone without communicating with others, like most pilot i've seen, and then start insulting if, for exemple, you get killed by a friendly calling raygun since 5 min in a hot zone, start using SRS everytime you're flying and you gonna have fun even if you're alone with a single mate on your side, the concept of this server is great, and most pilot aren't enjoying 100% of it's potential

guys, to start having fun into a basically dogfight based server you have to organize yourself with someone, you cant expect to have fun alone without communicating with others, like most pilot i've seen, and then start insulting if, for exemple, you get killed by a friendly calling raygun since 5 min in a hot zone, start using SRS everytime you're flying and you gonna have fun even if you're alone with a single mate on your side, the concept of this server is great, and most pilot aren't enjoying 100% of it's potential

This is why we need native radio functionality in DCS. SRS works well, but inevitably not everyone will have it.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Server News:

Currently, I'm working on the following:

- Better briefing texts (messages popping up on your screen once you spawn to tell you what's going on). Started working on this again last week. Reworking so to speak.

- Enforcing SRS!!! It's about time people got on comms! If you don't like using comms then what in God's name are you doing here in an aviation simulator where comms are critical!

- Limiting lives like in BlueFlag.

Note:

I'm going to be on vacation for the upcoming ten days, but I'll still have access to the server to make sure it stays online.

Once I'm back home, I'll get to work and make sure the mentioned plans above are DONE!

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Currently, I'm working on the following:

- Better briefing texts (messages popping up on your screen once you spawn to tell you what's going on). Started working on this again last week. Reworking so to speak.

- Enforcing SRS!!! It's about time people got on comms! If you don't like using comms then what in God's name are you doing here in an aviation simulator where comms are critical!

- Limiting lives like in BlueFlag.

Note:

I'm going to be on vacation for the upcoming ten days, but I'll still have access to the server to make sure it stays online.

Once I'm back home, I'll get to work and make sure the mentioned plans above are DONE!

Cheers!

Have a nice vacation, enjoy!! ;)

Gesendet von meinem Moto G Play mit Tapatalk

- Enforcing SRS!!! It's about time people got on comms!

Good idea!!

A few questions...

• Will all aircraft have a default channel pre-setup for this?
  • Will the frequency be in the briefing (in case there is no default channel)?
  • Will there be separate channels for ATC and AWACS (so as not to mix-up local app/dep/taxi traffic with front-line bogeydopes)?

Server News:

wouldnt it be better to wait till dcs has this as a native feature? Forcing people to install 3rd party programs can cause that fewer people will be playing.

Anyway forcing people to do what they dont want never leads to anything good

SRS is a more or less standard mod for all DCS players

waiting for the implementation of the native feature can take several years, and using / installing SRS is really no witchcraft

i can only support this step!

@Carl infar:

I can't please everyone. And not having comms on the server is really killing it. Any aviator should see how important comms in aviation are.

The scenarios I have would only work out if players would start coordinating their attacks. Most players fly solo and it's always for the dogfights. No matter what air-to-ground objectives I come up with (15 missions so far) solo players will always tend to go for air-to-air battles.

Normally, everyone should get on comms before they take off. That's the mindset a pilot needs to have. That way enforcing comms wouldn't be necessary at all. But it's shocking to me how neglectful most DCS players are when it comes to comms. Guess most players are just players after all looking for some action and not really aviation enthusiasts.

Shame that a top level simulator like this one (the best in the world I say) is treated as a mere game.

Hope you understand.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The scenarios I have would only work out if players would start coordinating their attacks. Most players fly solo and it's always for the dogfights. No matter what air-to-ground objectives I come up with (15 missions so far) solo players will always tend to go for air-to-air battles.

Exactly, no coordination= no protection if you want to (or your team need to) go air to ground

Phone Booth update:

I had enough time this morning and was able to update the mission Phone Booth:

- Upon spawning, every pilot will be provided with a quick briefing text popping up on the upper right corner of the screen.

- If an objective is completed (for example: Red liberates Beslan or Blue liberates Nalchik) the briefing text is updated automatically and will inform you every time you spawn of the current situation.

- Instead of winter, it's spring and early in the morning.

- The mission will be online tonight after the current mission, Elbrus.

Please, report any issues you might encounter.

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@Carl infar:

I can't please everyone. And not having comms on the server is really killing it. Any aviator should see how important comms in aviation are.

Normally, everyone should get on comms before they take off. That's the mindset a pilot needs to have. That way enforcing comms wouldn't be necessary at all. But it's shocking to me how neglectful most DCS players are when it comes to comms. Guess most players are just players after all looking for some action and not really aviation enthusiasts.

Shame that a top level simulator like this one (the best in the world I say) is treated as a mere game.

Hope you understand.

I understand Your point.

I have only doubts if the effect will be as desired.

Currently every one if he wants can easyly coordinate via in game chat. If this is not common i doubt if switching to forced srs will improve it (all who want are using srs already...). Anyway everybody is playing for fun in their own free time the way he likes best. Most just wants to do ""furballing'' (personally I started with A to A only and currently its more like 50/50 between AtoA and AtoG)

On the other hand enforcing 3rd party program can by a problem especially for the new dcs players or old dcs but new to mp.

To sumarise : will enforcing SRS improve the coordination? Idoubt it. If one wants can easyly coordinate now…

Will it lower the players numbers? - highly likely

other servers enforce different third party comms as well.

think of the ddcs server, you even need to be on discord there, otherwise you're kicked off the server.

Discord doesn't add to the immersion of a flight sim, SRS does, and so i don't see a problem here.

In the long run, only a native solution by ED can solve this issue ... in the meantime SRS is a great addition, which is easily installed and should be a standard tool for every DCS pilot out there ;)

No doubt SRS is to be preferred over Discord in almost all aspects. I guess there is virtue in the fact that one can't please everyone. No harm in testing things out and seeing how it goes. One can always adjust again.