ED Forums - View Single Post - LOST IT ALL
Thread: LOST IT ALL
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
BitMaster
Veteran

BitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post
The bottom line is, don't cheap out on the PSU. If it fails catastrophically, it can take the intire PC with it in a heartbeat.
+1 !

I used to fix PC's for a living and still do it for friends and family, next door people and alike.

Over those many years I have seen numerous cheap PSU's taking the whole PC with them into the grave.

Dont try to cut corners when you buy a PSU, it can serve you well for 2-3 PC's life if you buy the right one and keep your computer clean inside. Dust is one source for overheating, popped caps and little shorts across dust crumps, seen that all and took my lessons.

If you live in an area where power is not "clean" and outages come every now and then, thunderstorms and alike, then get a good UPS with a sinus wave kind of current, not the cheap rectangular versions for little money, they wont serve you well and harm your parts over time.
APC is usually my choice for aftermarket UPS devices ( Smart-UPS ).
Asus Prime-Z270-A - Intel i7-7700K @ 5.0/1.330v adaptive LLC6 Phase_140%-Extreme - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 XMP 3600 CL16 vDimm VCCIO 1.30v VSA 1.35v - Asus 980GTX Poseidon wc @ 1500/8000 - 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - 1 x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 2 x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT @ 4 x 180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz - Win10Pro64 - Corsair Carbide 500r Case 5x120mm 1x200mm fans
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote