Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

I've been dabbling with CTLD to bring it back to the 104th classic missions, and so far the latest version has been working flawlessly, minus the one issue we can find where no one except for the mission host is able to see a FOB once constructed, has anyone else had this bug? A search of the forums gave no results.

Thanks guys!

104cdt_Fallen

How to distribute a mission that needs mist.lua and ctld.lua?

From a license perspective both libraries allow to redistribute but from a "packaging" perspective how does it work?

Does the end user needs to drop both lua files in their windows\saved games\dcs\scripts\?

When I create the missions (or campaign) I have a folder "scripts" inside the campaign main folder and I add those scripts to the mission. Would it be enough to zip the entire campaign folder without the user having to copy lua files to other folders?

How to distribute a mission that needs mist.lua and ctld.lua?

From a license perspective both libraries allow to redistribute but from a "packaging" perspective how does it work?

Does the end user needs to drop both lua files in their windows\saved games\dcs\scripts\?

When I create the missions (or campaign) I have a folder "scripts" inside the campaign main folder and I add those scripts to the mission. Would it be enough to zip the entire campaign folder without the user having to copy lua files to other folders?

For what I know, all scripts added in a mission will be packaged in the miz file together with everything else related to said mission. You basically just copy whatever script file you use into the mission. That is why you always have to remove the "do file" (or whatever it's called) instance in the trigger and add it again whenever you make any changes to the script file.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

For what I know, all scripts added in a mission will be packaged in the miz file together with everything else related to said mission. You basically just copy whatever script file you use into the mission. That is why you always have to remove the "do file" (or whatever it's called) instance in the trigger and add it again whenever you make any changes to the script file.

very good info, did not know about the "do file" thingy.

here, have some gold.

very good info, did not know about the "do file" thingy.

here, have some gold.

See the GitHub readme - it details this: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

You don't literally have to remove the "DO FILE" trigger and re-create it. I'm not sure you're stating that, but I thought it could be misconstrued. Simply browsing to and re-selecting the file you edited is sufficient. That causes the new, edited file to overwrite the existing file in the .miz.

Edited by doodenkoff

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

You don't literally have to remove the "DO FILE" trigger and re-create it. I'm not sure you're stating that, but I thought it could be misconstrued. Simply browsing to and re-selecting the file you edited is sufficient. That causes the new, edited file to overwrite the existing file in the .miz.
Good to know.

All scripting guides I've read mention to delete and re-add, but I very seldom use scripts and haven't read that many guides either though.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Good to know.

All scripting guides I've read mention to delete and re-add, but I very seldom use scripts and haven't read that many guides either though.

Yeah, for some reason people keep suggesting to remove the trigger and re-add but I've NEVER had to do that and never had any problems. Probably a bug crept up in one of the updates and this was the way to do it but was likely fixed quickly.

Hi guys, I need to create two different groups of infantry, one group composed by 8 soldier and one group composed by 30 soldier, the first group can be loaded by Huey, and the second can be loaded only by Mi-8, to simulate the real differences of load capacity.

Is it possible with CTLD?

Tks.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Is it possible to have another condition in the jtac section to check if the unit is "invisible" or not?

ex... we want some ships to stay in port until called and need them to be:

active at mission start

moving until given an AI off

and then activated at the appropriate time with AI on.

This has to be done because late activated ships don't show up for MP clients so we can't have them blue, then despawn and activate red or anything like that.

The problem then is if we have CTLD jtacs on the ground they will spot those ships regardless of the "invisible" setting within the ME. Normal AI units will not see those invisible targets, but the ctld jtac can and will react accordingly.

Poking around the code I see a number of places that check on whether the unit detected is both alive and active. I tried adding another condition of isTargetDetected(), but I'm afraid I don't understand how to check on just the certain argument within that for visual...or even if that's the right way to go about it. I tried using boolean, but that didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi guys, I need to create two different groups of infantry, one group composed by 8 soldier and one group composed by 30 soldier, the first group can be loaded by Huey, and the second can be loaded only by Mi-8, to simulate the real differences of load capacity.

Is it possible with CTLD?

Tks.

I'm trying to do the same.

According to the CTLD script here is what to do:

-- ************** Maximum Units SETUP for UNITS ******************

-- Put the name of the Unit you want to limit group sizes too
-- i.e
-- ["UH-1H"] = 10,
--
-- Will limit UH1 to only transport groups with a size 10 or less
-- Make sure the unit name is exactly right or it wont work

ctld.unitLoadLimits = {

-- Remove the -- below to turn on options
   -- ["SA342Mistral"] = 4,
   -- ["SA342L"] = 4,
   -- ["SA342M"] = 4,

}

I put the unit's name (e.g. Mi-8MTV2) there to limit its load, but it didn't work. Then I used the group's name (e.g. Mi-8_01_Sochi) and still no success. Of course I deleted the dashes (--). For some reason it's not working for me either.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I'll test this Thursday and post a working example :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Any progress, Ciribob?
Sorry ran out of time and just landed for holiday over Christmas. Back Thursday and I'll see what I can do then :)

Working example for mi8 limits attached

Only edit made is below for setting limits for the Mi8.

ctld.unitLoadLimits = {

["Mi-8MT"] = 4,

}

Hope this helps!

Sorry for the delay!

test-limits-mi8.miz

Screen_181229_095608.thumb.png.94c40b38dab90ed0429b0971d4267261.png

Edited by Ciribob

Can someone direct me to the line in the ctld.lua that determines how long the JTAC Status message remains on screen - the F10 message, not the default? I like to enter coordinates and create waypoints to the JTAC locations and it's a pain having to recall F10 two or three times to get everything typed in the UFC/CDU.

This was some sort of file corruption issue. Remade the script, and it works.

Hey guys, I'm trying to set my CTLD script to prevent the Gazelle minigun from being able to carry crates, or more than 4 troops. Upon adding

["SA342Minigun"] = 4, to ctld.unitloadlimits,

and

["SA342Minigun"] = {crates=false, troops=true}, to ctld.unitactions

My script no longer functions.

Does anyone know what the minigun version is listed as? I assume that is my issue.

Nevermind, I just looked at the SA342 Lua file, and SA342Minigun is how it is listed in game, something else is going on.

Edited by 104th_Fallen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Official Texture pack:

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/1221-104th-official-texture-pack/

Un-Official Roughmet Texture Pack:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Livery Creation Discord Group Invite-

https://discord.gg/bqAq2zx

Can someone direct me to the line in the ctld.lua that determines how long the JTAC Status message remains on screen - the F10 message, not the default? I like to enter coordinates and create waypoints to the JTAC locations and it's a pain having to recall F10 two or three times to get everything typed in the UFC/CDU.

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L5047 when target is initially lased

and

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L5506 for the F10 Status

both default to 10 seconds but change the 10 to another number to increase

Is it possible to have another condition in the jtac section to check if the unit is "invisible" or not?

ex... we want some ships to stay in port until called and need them to be:

active at mission start

moving until given an AI off

and then activated at the appropriate time with AI on.

This has to be done because late activated ships don't show up for MP clients so we can't have them blue, then despawn and activate red or anything like that.

The problem then is if we have CTLD jtacs on the ground they will spot those ships regardless of the "invisible" setting within the ME. Normal AI units will not see those invisible targets, but the ctld jtac can and will react accordingly.

Poking around the code I see a number of places that check on whether the unit detected is both alive and active. I tried adding another condition of isTargetDetected(), but I'm afraid I don't understand how to check on just the certain argument within that for visual...or even if that's the right way to go about it. I tried using boolean, but that didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Ciribob, not sure if you missed this or not so I'm bumping. Just curious if it would be a huge rewrite of the script or if it's something that's relatively easy.

Ciribob, not sure if you missed this or not so I'm bumping. Just curious if it would be a huge rewrite of the script or if it's something that's relatively easy.

Sorry I did miss this! I dont think I can check for the invisible setting

As far as I can see - there are only Set options and no way for me to read what they're currently set too. Only late activated is a state I can check for im sorry to say.

Using isDetected would mean it works in a different way and isnt a quick change