ED Forums - View Single Post - MIRAGE 2000-5 Up-Grade
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #10
slowfinger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreisch View Post
You do not need bigger boom sticks to counter the aim120c. Learn how to employ notching and you will be fine, reducing the advantage of the 120c to a minimum

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk
Kreisch,
I understand your point but I reject that possibility if your fighting not an IA.
If you watch my post carefully , is all about to counteract the "8" AIM 120 that the F-18 can carry. You may defeat 2 or 3 of them not all 8's, so, you will need more than 2 M2Kc to have a real PK.
More over, in my youth i flew 5 years the F-5E Part III in air combat, so i know very well tactics BFM, TAC'S etc. Yes, is an old platform but fitted with good AIM 9's and Derby BVR missile, tactics change a lot. If I were flying an F-18 against 2 M2Kc's , i will try first to put de enemies in my envelope, ground, sea, etc, ( i'll choose my AO ) Second, i'll tray to put in defensive stage both M2 by launching 2 , 3 or 4 Amraams first, maintaining my energy and preventing the energy gain of my opponents, but if i loose the advantage i'll disengage to over a 30 or more nm. and then start all again if i'm not in Bingo parameters. I will still have the advantage to choose to engage or not, and all of that bcse, my more advance AA systems.
Cheers.

Last edited by slowfinger23; 10-01-2018 at 04:32 PM.
slowfinger23 is offline   Reply With Quote