Eagle Dynamics @ E3 Discussion and Media

Coxy_99

• ED Team
-Any hope of seeing a redfor multi role, or even DCS or FC3 redfor multi roles in the near future "by DCS standards", The Mplayer Arena in DCS is painfully lacking such a platform and with several 3PD bringing some amazing bluefor products i fear it will just get worse for online preference.

We definitely would like to do this, but plans here are still vague.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely would like to do this, but plans here are still vague.

Thanks for the answer, even though its "vague" It is understandable at this stage. and hope to get some communications on this soon, I know for sure lots of people are worried about this specific subject.

Getting back to the E3 topic, I do hope we get some quality footage, trailer and information. Its tough just watching clips provided by phone recording.

Well, F/A-18C is going to have 'a full pack' of complex features needed for other modern jets - AG radar, JHMCS, Link 4/16, HUD repeater, automatic landing, AA radar + long range missiles, 3 displays in the cockpit (one with different rendering method), 2 mission computers, Digital FCS, supersonic flight, arrested landings, HARM, Walleye, JDAM/JSOW, etc... So, yes new compex products will be done faster after F/A-18C.

This has to be the greatest module ever. Can't get enough of good news from Oleg, I know I told you this many times but you and team have been doing a great job, we all appreciate that! :thumbup:

We have see just a little, I'm sure there is a lot more to come after the E3. :)

Again, Unless it Comes from Wags, Chizh or another ED Team Member, it's not Official.

The F-16C Development was Put on Hold, and was mentioned by a team member that it is still being worked on progress unknown, likely waiting for F/A-18C to finish w/ A2G Radar Super Sonic PFM w/ FCS etc etc.

Dont Quote me on that though, until ED Confirms it's still being developed for the Consumer Market.

From the Situation of F-16 Thread, also what I was referring to in my earlier post.

There will be no official response as ED do not comment on projects anymore until they are close to finish / ready for marketing.

So apart from the renders some years ago there is no news on the F-16.

hope that helps

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3095849&postcount=32

Sry - back to F/A-18! While I don't fancy the aircraft...carrier ops is VERY interesting :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll be attempting to capture some better footage with camcorder this week. Perhaps attempting to get some free time prior to general opening before the crowd. No guarantees though.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I'll be attempting to capture some better footage with camcorder this week. Perhaps attempting to get some free time prior to general opening before the crowd. No guarantees though.

Ask wags to install OBS Studio and just live stream directly from the rig to Facebook.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Ask wags to install OBS Studio and just live stream directly from the rig to Facebook.

Any chance of getting the specs of that rig? Please!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

As we can see the new *stick* is NOT actually in use.

The kid is using the stock hotas wartog handle. (hype shrink factor much?).

My second hotas wartog arrived today. Gimble issues are real if you actually use the thing. If they can't build a gimble, they should make all parts readily available. I like my hotas wartog. Especially with a 7.5 cm extension. Perfect. And, I'd buy a third and likely will. Cheap piece of crap gimble garbage that I love so well. The target software is starting to prove itself nicely as well.

Hey, I wore out 3 logitech 3d pros too. ha ha.

The very beginning shows the stick the kid is using.

We're dumb but..

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

It's an Alienware with a 1080ti that much I do know.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

It's an Alienware with a 1080ti that much I do know.

Ah ok. That's what I really wanted to know. thank you.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

why the hud is light blue?

and also glass on cockpit.

Looks like it might be related to the colour settings in that monitor, but I also think it related to the fact that ED tend to overdo the level of HUD glass tinting.

In my experience looking through real HUDs, DCS versions all seems far too dark/opaque. Just IMHO - easy to fix with 5 mins in PS.

Looks like they got the actual coloration of the coatings for the Hornet pretty spot on thou. I think I even saw in that footage posted the colour change and reflection of the collimating lense in the HUD, which was pretty nice.:smilewink:

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As stated before, they are not planning any streams, all focus is on E3 and the crowd showing up there, we will get more info after Wags gets back in the coming weeks I am sure.

Why though? It does not make any seance not to capitalize of the raised interest by E3. You guys do know that the majority of E3 consumers are online, you can easily get 100k views on an online vid during this time period Vs what 1000 ppl visiting the booth?

Some info

-The module was running on DCS 2.2 and had wonderful

-HUD and Canopy glass. HUD was bright and visible.

-SFX for the Hornet uses all new SFX.

- MFCD functionality was very limited as those portions are very much a work in progress.

-Flight model was solid and felt like a mix between the F-15C and the Su-27. Unknown if the flight model is still a big work in progress.

- Other demo players used rockets, aim-9s, aim-7s and guns.

- Did not see any usage of BVR systems, remember this is a very simple demo for E3 attendees who are not really into flight sims.

-Wags said I can do carrier stuff tomorrow so please stay tuned for that!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs: CPU: i7-9700K@ 5.0 GHz | RAM: 32 GB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | CH Products Pro Pedals |HP REverb

Well, F/A-18C is going to have 'a full pack' of complex features needed for other modern jets - AG radar, JHMCS, Link 4/16, HUD repeater, automatic landing, AA radar + long range missiles, 3 displays in the cockpit (one with different rendering method), 2 mission computers, Digital FCS, supersonic flight, arrested landings, HARM, Walleye, JDAM/JSOW, etc... So, yes new compex products will be done faster after F/A-18C.

Thank you Olgerd for stopping by. It´s always interesting to hear from the devs.:thumbup:

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Why though? It does not make any seance not to capitalize of the raised interest by E3. You guys do know that the majority of E3 consumers are online, you can easily get 100k views on an online vid during this time period Vs what 1000 ppl visiting the booth?

It might not be up to them. It's thrustmaster's booth, so their marketing "gurus" make the final call. The quotation marks are there on purpose. :smilewink:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It might not be up to them. It's thrustmaster's booth, so their marketing "gurus" make the final call. The quotation marks are there on purpose. :smilewink:

Last I heard YouTube and Twitch are free platforms. DCS F/A18c is possibly the best VR game on the market, from both a looks, fidelity and functionality, and ED could have easily capitalized on that with a good trailer when YouTube is promoting E3 for the last 5 days.

This to me is possibly one of the greatest missed opportunities for mass market appeal instead of ht old school booth.

• ED Team
....and ED could have easily capitalized on that with a good trailer..

Well, maybe not related to E3, but the Hornet will not go unnoticed for the lack of videos/trailers in the near future :music_whistling: