Shrek Squadron BBQ 2017

Trubshaw

Saturday 8th July was the date chosen for the annual SHREK Squadron BBQ at swamp central. Thanks to Mr & Mrs Orge’s,now legendary, hospitality squadron members started to gather earlier in the week.Our first gathering was back in 2012 so this was our 6th gathering! I know I was surprised and looking back through the forums we have had over 10,000 views of our BBQ posts. https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=166696&stc=1&d=1501507464

The format is pretty well set with discussion topics including, flight simulation, the state of DCS, space simulation and VR dominating.Plenty of drinking centred around a spectacular BBQ and curry courtesy of Ogre and Balrog.

This year I managed to see the progress of BigNewy's pit, Ogre's pit and the newly built Balrog's pit. (Polished knob and dials included) Most notable developments were Hall effect magnetic sensors to integrate controls, the use of Cougar MFDs and carbon fibre sticky backed plastic type material. They all added immersion and fidelity to the experience we all enjoy so much and gave me some ideas for my own set up.

Celebrations on Saturday were a little subdued compared to previous years because we needed to be up early on Sunday morning to travel to the Flying Legends Air Display at Duxford. The display did not disappoint, highlights included a 9 Spifire take off that sounded fantastic, a B17 and of course 'The Reds'. It was a long day but we saw some spectacular aircraft.

Our numbers were slightly down on previous years due to a variety of personal circumstances but rest assured all members were 'bitched' (err I mean talked) about, in absentia, with fondness and ahope that in future years we will see them again.

Come and fly with us!

SHREK Squadron is an English speaking UK based squadron formed in1998. Flying together for mutual support and training. Our Squadron fly and operate most DCS modules, several nights each week and an official gathering of members is every Tuesday night. More details from WEBPAGE http://www.shreksquadron.org/ TEAMSPEAK IP Shreksquadronts.org:9990

443425018_BBQGroup2017.thumb.jpg.fcdf040fa0accc4bf801eaefc430fe03.jpg

472490063_BBQ2017.thumb.jpg.3ac03a2e4495293901d320f8063fa68c.jpg

660367857_OgreBBQ2017.thumb.jpg.b9e6ef382902a21e7bbc47add368c18b.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY
ts change
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

• ED Team

Another pleasant evening with friends, thanks to the ogre for hosting us, hope we have many more :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ah SWAMPIES Gathering "there can be only 1"

I am both pleased and honoured to be able to host this once a year gathering and thereby revel in the company of those like minded guys and gals I regard as my friends. Long may it continue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah very cool. It's nice to see that you guys have stuck at it for so long, and kept the friendship going.

Long may it last

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato