Emergency mission (M07)

Redglyph

Hi!

I'm trying this mission, after a long pause in the campaign.

I'm using DCS OB (2.5.3.24984)

I can't seem to get any fuel from Maykop-Khanskaya airbase.

- take-off from the subbase

- switch com to 125.0 MHz

- contact tower and indicate inbound (approach instruction received)

- contact tower and ask permission to land (authorization received)

- land

- contact ground (either auto or radio)

=> no reply

- open window (used to be necessary in some modules)

- contact ground (either auto or radio)

=> no reply

... how do we do to request refuelling?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

OK, apparently one has to completely shut down (tried that though) and disregard the "unable to comply" answer from ground, they still refuel no matter what they say.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

To my understanding, "Unable to comply" message is related with Rearm request (you ask to Rearm and Refuel not just to refuel). You can see that ground crew is refueling right away, if you check fuel quantity gauge: needle is starting to go up almost immediately after request. And I didn't had to shut helicopter down, BTW.

• ED Team

Ground crew operations can be blocked if: aircraft has engines running or airfield is not friendly.

Nothing to do with mission scripting. :)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Ground crew operations can be blocked if: aircraft has engines running or airfield is not friendly.

Nothing to do with mission scripting. :)

Yep, I assumed so when it worked after a complete shut-down. Some aircraft can be rearmed and refuelled "hot", but I suppose it's a bit dangerous for some others.

To my understanding, "Unable to comply" message is related with Rearm request (you ask to Rearm and Refuel not just to refuel). You can see that ground crew is refueling right away, if you check fuel quantity gauge: needle is starting to go up almost immediately after request. And I didn't had to shut helicopter down, BTW.

I didn't get any reply nor any fuel on my first requests when I hadn't shut it down, I even tried other spots of the airbase.

I'm pretty sure I also tried after shutting down the first time, and didn't get any reply either, but maybe there were remaining "no-go" switches and/or the battery.

After restarting the whole mission, I had this "Unable to comply" message but got the fuel. I think that indeed it considers both requests even if the user doesn't request any rearming.

Perhaps something went wrong in the first attempts, perhaps contacting ground in a no-go situation blocks any further request. Strange.

Anyway, thanks for the replies :)

• 10 months later...

Hello. I must be the last one flying this campaign (like many others, but I still have fun)! I refueled no problem after taxiing close to the refuel trucks. I did not even have to shut down the engines, just idled them. Then I took off, flew to Tverskaya, from there saw smoke, landed near the buses with crowds. And nothing! My navigator was quiet, chief too. I must have missed some triggers, but why?

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• ED Team
Hello. I must be the last one flying this campaign (like many others, but I still have fun)! I refueled no problem after taxiing close to the refuel trucks. I did not even have to shut down the engines, just idled them. Then I took off, flew to Tverskaya, from there saw smoke, landed near the buses with crowds. And nothing! My navigator was quiet, chief too. I must have missed some triggers, but why?

Hi impalor!

Thanks for reporting. Will check.

=======================

Probably You have chosen the wrong bus.

Right one is near by crash site, painted in white and blue, accompanied by fire trucks.

As You can see on the second screen, trigger fired. :)

Screen_191102_234350a.thumb.jpg.3876dc42bed29c641170e357449849dc.jpg

Screen_191102_234505a.thumb.jpg.5f3af261943c0d0fe7890178c59740ab.jpg

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

• ED Team
I landed near both. Thouldn't my crew say something as they always do before landings?

OK. Have You passed over Tverskaya? There definitely should be confirmation from the crew. It would inform You to follow the road to the west.

Best Regards, Dmitry.