Spitfire Working Well

I haven't had an issue in days. Well done guys.

Very Nice!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I haven't had an issue in days. Well done guys.

Very Nice!

So you don't think either is the Spit too difficult or

the P-51D, BF-109 and FW-190 Dora too easy?

Obviously all with 0 take off assistance.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

What do you find excessively difficult about it? Of course all warbirds are difficult, they are the most realistic simulation of the real thing, but I don't find the Spit is more difficult to handle than other planes.

What do you find excessively difficult about it? Of course all warbirds are difficult, they are the most realistic simulation of the real thing, but I don't find the Spit is more difficult to handle than other planes.

So you don't find that the P-51 is way easier (too easy) than the spit...

OK....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Maybe personal preference? I find the 190 hardest to land. Haven't really botched a landing with the Spitfire so far... for take-offs I'm fairly OK in the warbirds by now but don't find the Spit harder than the others. The Mustang I do find easiest.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Maybe personal preference? I find the 190 hardest to land. Haven't really botched a landing with the Spitfire so far... for take-offs I'm fairly OK in the warbirds by now but don't find the Spit harder than the others. The Mustang I do find easiest.

I just have the "feeling" that in the later versions (I am running 2.5.2 release) they made especially the german planes easier, leaving the spit difficult as it should be.

But it might be that I had much more practice with those, because they came way before the Spit

and I've been practising with them for a far longer time than the spit..

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

I haven't flown the Dora although the cockpit looks similar to the 109.

It's been a long while since I've flown the P-51 and the 109. Fun. Originally it took me a week to get the P-51 started back in the day. It's like a limo compared to the Spitfire. I will certainly be flying the P-51 more over time.

I had no problem take off and landing the 109 which I found easier than the Spitfire. The 109 was so silly-powerful, I couldn't justify flying it much. I will revisit it again someday maybe. "too easy" comes to mind there for sure.

I find the Spitfire the most challenging and it's control profile possibilities more advanced than some warbirds. It has off and on where off and on should be, unlike "toggle" of some others.

That bugs me to no end.

Regarding warbird realism, the Spitfire is top of the heap for me.

One has to embed one's brain into the depths of what is actually going on mechanically and aerodynamically. What boost? What RPM? Dilute? Open rad flap? Close? Supercharger F.S. or M.S. Watch the temps, watch the oil pressure? Calibrate this, set that. All while sitting on your chute with your feet in the only spot for them as you strap in and look around at the world through decent visibility.

That doesn't say that I am locked into only the Spitfire. It is nice to actually have to fly the aircraft from time to time.

Compared to other business class jet sims where flight plans and the auto-pilot button are the norm, the Spitfire in DCS is as extreme to the other end of the spectrum as one can go except for maybe the Yak 52? Hmm.

I Love all the aircraft. Today the Spitfire tends to be parked and ready more often than not.

It took over from my F-15 which was a daily ride for a long while which took over from the P-51.

I am sure I must have bought it on day one.

I am only now just starting to learn air to air dogfights. I can't believe I am still learning with this aircraft. It is endless.

I have only now started lifting the tail up when rolling for takeoff. It works well.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Well, thanks for your post, I am relieved that I'm not the only one with this feeling.

Though the more I fly all 4 birds, the more I think that in the later versions they made especially the german planes far easier, leaving the spit difficult as it should be.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

You still haven't specified what you find difficult about the Spit. Taxiing the Mustang is easier due to the steerable tailwheel ,and takeoffs and landings are a tad easier too due to the wide undercarriage track. Flying the Mustang is more difficult than the Spit. So in which area do you need help?

You still haven't specified what you find difficult about the Spit. Taxiing the Mustang is easier due to the steerable tailwheel ,and takeoffs and landings are a tad easier too due to the wide undercarriage track. Flying the Mustang is more difficult than the Spit. So in which area do you need help?

Well, I am referring to takeoffs and landings.

In my opinion those are not just a tad easier with the Mustang, but A LOT easier.,

and quite a bit easier with the BF-109 and the Dora.

I remember back in the day (DCS 1.5 - 2.0) scratching wings on landing with the germans,

and stalling on takeoff, P-51 being mostly OK with 3-point landings.

Sure, I realize that I had much more practice with those, because they came YEARS before the Spit, but again, I believe that in the later DCS (2.5.xx) versions they made especially the german planes "too easy", leaving the spit realistic as it should be.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Before going back to other warbirds for refershing the memories, I guess one should investigate if "banana-peel-tyres" bug which appeared in 109 in the latest OB didn't affect them as well. That would make them almost "ungroundloop'able", unless someone goes really sideways :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

"banana-peel-tyres" bug ?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Do you have the right HOTAS? I imagine it would be difficult to manage without a joystick and pedals, and throttle. A FFB stick helps even more. Also, make sure you trim the plane correctly, makes a world of difference. Check out this tutorial I made:

Hi Reflected, are you talking with me?

See my signature, of course I have pedals and hotas,

although arguably not the best ones.

My point was mainly the too easy P-51 and german planes in the last DCS versions.

I will eventually master the Spit, not least thank to your excellent tutorials...

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Slippin' & slidin' fun for everyone :D

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3590789&postcount=1

Ah.. I see...

No problems here, try this settings:

["aileronTrim"] = -30,

["assistance"] = 0,

["autoRudder"] = false,

["cameraOrigin"] = 1,

["rudderTrim"] = -10,

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Spitfire flies great for me.

Only wish they would fix the canopy bug. It's been there since update 6 on the open beta and is a total immersion killer in VR.

Otherwise she's a beautiful gal......

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Spitfire flies great for me.

Only wish they would fix the canopy bug. It's been there since update 6 on the open beta and is a total immersion killer in VR.

Otherwise she's a beautiful gal......

Have you tried the spitfire canopy reflection mod ?