Getting ready for JF-17 Launch

AnarchyZG

JF-17 has a lot of buttons to push :), so i decided to make a MATRIC deck for it.

This is work in progress

deck for JF-17, for use on 10' Android tablets in landscape orientation. When JF-17 arrives, I'll update it with key bindings and add more stuff, maybe play around with lua export to get buttons and UFCP displays in sync with DCS

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

Edited by AnarchyZG
added screenshot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

JF-17 has a lot of buttons to push :), so i decided to make a MATRIC deck for it.

This is work in progress

deck for JF-17, for use on 10' Android tablets in landscape orientation. When JF-17 arrives, I'll update it with key bindings and add more stuff, maybe play around with lua export to get buttons and UFCP displays in sync with DCS

ss1.png

ss2.png

WOAH, is this some new magic software I was unaware of?

MATRIC is amazing if you have a couple of spare android tablets you can use. Its simple, works straight away, and the drag and drop implementation is superb.

If the JF17 setups that Anarchy is making don't quite suit your needs, you can literally drag/copy/paste the buttons exactly how you like.

Do try it.

How does Matric differ from Touch Portal?

In my opinion (note: I am the MATRIC developer, but I'll be objective) MATRIC is more suited for DCS the Touch Portal. I will not compare apps in general, just related to DCS.

While Touch Portal has its advantages (if you're streamer and use something other then OBS Studio or use Apple devices), MATRIC has 4 key advantages when it comes to DCS:

1) Low level keyboard emulation (distinguishes between left/right Win/Ctrl/Shift/Alt and can use Win + <key> shortcuts). Touch Portal can't do that.

2) Community gallery featuring many DCS decks and templates. TP has only a few preset grids available on their web (6), none for DCS (or any other game/sim for that matter). MATRIC Community Gallery currently has 10 DCS decks alone.

3) Integration API makes 2-way integration possible between MATRIC and a 3rd party app (as shown in

)

4) More freedom in designing layouts so you can make more convincing and functional panels, displays etc. Touch Portal currently supports only grids of square buttons.

P.S. 5) Dev is DCS fan, and MATRIC is roughly half the price of TP :D

Edited by AnarchyZG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Getting ready for JF-17 Launch

In my opinion (note: I am the MATRIC developer, but I'll be objective) MATRIC is more suited for DCS the Touch Portal. I will not compare apps in general, just related to DCS.

While Touch Portal has its advantages (if you're streamer and use something other then OBS Studio or use Apple devices), MATRIC has 4 key advantages when it comes to DCS:

1) Low level keyboard emulation (distinguishes between left/right Win/Ctrl/Shift/Alt and can use Win + shortcuts). Touch Portal can't do that.

2) Community gallery featuring many DCS decks and templates. TP has only a few preset grids available on their web (6), none for DCS (or any other game/sim for that matter). MATRIC Community Gallery currently has 10 DCS decks alone.

3) Integration API makes 2-way integration possible between MATRIC and a 3rd party app (as shown in

)

4) More freedom in designing layouts so you can make more convincing and functional panels, displays etc. Touch Portal currently supports only grids of square buttons.

P.S. 5) Dev is DCS fan, and MATRIC is roughly half the price of TP :D

So being you the developer....any plan to bring to iOS?

I have a 2017 ipad pro 12.9” that would be perfect for this...

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png